Another firecape thread..

Ninnykins

Well i recently tried to obtain a fire cape and failed... i got to wave 57 then died :(

This was my set up.

jadsetupve5.png

I had everything there except the bolts and pots so if i need to buy some more stuff im willing to spend up to 5m on equipment.

Now i see many low levels complete jad with ease and finish with serveral restores and even some sara brews left over, but when i attempted the fight caves at around wave 55 i ran out of brews and from then on i had to afk heal.

Is there a certain way to trap the lvl 180 behind the lvl 90's? Because that is the part i had most difficulty with, the lvl 180 was hitting me quiet often.

Stats:

Ranged: 79

Prayer: 60

Hitpoints: 83

Defence: 75

Get an archer's ring and sell when you're done, get karil's top, get a granite/obby shield, ranger boots, and verac's helm.

Just resell the crap you don't need afterwards.

Use adamant bolts for the whole caves, bring 200 purple sweets, and bring 100 diamond.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Get an archer's ring and sell when you're done, get karil's top, get a granite/obby shield, ranger boots, and verac's helm.

Just resell the crap you don't need afterwards.

Use adamant bolts for the whole caves, bring 200 purple sweets, and bring 100 diamond.

You won't need karils top because you will be using protection from magic against anything that will use magic. Zammy book would be better than a shield because it will give more range bonus and a prayer bonus.

Assassin1357.png

Alright thanks, is it better to have higher range bonus over prayer bonus? Also why do i need purple sweets i wasn't running low on energy on my first attempt?

EDIT: Assassin i tried that, running behind the 90 and trapping the 180's but when i ran there i got hit and sometimes the 180 got past the 90 =[

purple sweet can heal you for 3hp i think per sweet and it is stackable.....so you could have 1000 purple sweets in one spot in your invo which can heal 3000hp...in one invo spot!!

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Alright thanks, is it better to have higher range bonus over prayer bonus? Also why do i need purple sweets i wasn't running low on energy on my first attempt?

EDIT: Assassin i tried that, running behind the 90 and trapping the 180's but when i ran there i got hit and sometimes the 180 got past the 90 =[

Just practice it, I have been doing it and it works if you watch were the 180 is going. You don't really need purple sweets, they are good because you can carry as many as you want so you could heal like 500 hp with just those if you had enough. They aren't really needed though. A prayer bonus of 15 or higher would be good. Just wear what has been suggested

Assassin1357.png

You won't need karils top because you will be using protection from magic against anything that will use magic. Zammy book would be better than a shield because it will give more range bonus and a prayer bonus.

I thought it had a bigger range def than black body, but it's only +2 more, get it if you really want.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Thanks for all the help guys this is my new setup:

newjadsetupww2.png

Also i read somewhere that some people do the waves in half an hour, how do they do this? It took me like 1 hour+ to reach wave 57.

Because they're 1337 and probably have vast experience.

You have an excellent set up now, good luck!

Duckie_Wins.png

Ok thanks everyone, i hope that if i get to jad i dont die =[ Im watching a lot of videos at the moment.

Also does anyone have a video of the sounds jad makes when he uses range/magic attacks?

EDIT: Don't worry found some videos with the sounds, but one last question lol, do you have to have a very good reaction time to switch prayers? Coz im not the fastest guy out there lol.

WOW!!!!! On the 52nd wave my net disconnected and when i logged back in i was outside...

omg :wall:

Well, you at least got more experience. Maybe next time try a world in your region and one that is less crowded. :cry: Sorry you dc'ed. Don't give up! At least you didn't dc at Jad.

I'm going to attempt this soon too, but using only 67 ranged (yeah I know, but I can't be bothered to get it to 70). So I wish the both of us good luck <3:

You do gain experience in the Fight Caves, right? Around how much ranged experience will you gain from completing it? Are we talking about 50k?

Well the invo you put up a few posts up is the one I used to get my fire cape, as to the people who got cape in less than an hour, they were maxed out and used the best setup money can buy(with onyx bolts, full armadyl etc.)

kingmage_92.png

Gwd Drop's: Sara - 4 Hilt, 13 Ss(3 ls), Armadyl - None, Bandos - 6 Hilt, 4 Bcp, 7 Tasset, 4 Boot

Zamorak - None, Tormented Demons - 1 Dragon Claws, 1 Dragon Shard

I'm going to attempt this soon too, but using only 67 ranged (yeah I know, but I can't be bothered to get it to 70). So I wish the both of us good luck <3:

You do gain experience in the Fight Caves, right? Around how much ranged experience will you gain from completing it? Are we talking about 50k?

I went 74-76 in three tries, it's quite a lot of experience.

Your setup looks good, just stick to it and you should eventually beat Jad.

2dvjurb.png

purple sweet can heal you for 3hp i think per sweet and it is stackable.....so you could have 1000 purple sweets in one spot in your invo which can heal 3000hp...in one invo spot!!

most people wont spend 1.9mil for 1 trip against jad :wall:

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

I prefer emerald bolts (e) then addys, you hit lower, but you poison and its very good on fight cave and helps a lot.

So in my opinion you should take 1000 emmy (e) on your journey to fire cape :ohnoes:

Good luck hope you get it :thumbsup:

pinguim0310.png