god damn mute happy mods

bonzeben23

I swear, i get muted for everything, and i mean it. I got muted for saying "my buddy claims he has diplomatic immunity." I mean jesus, how is that offensive? i've also been muted for saying, "Some mods like abusing their muting ability." I mean jesus, mute happy much?

Share/Discuss whatever else you want.

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

Wow that sounds harsh. I got muted for "spamming" once, which I understand. However, had the mod given noobie-me a warning first? That really would have been nice, instead of just an instant mute.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have black marks for it. And it's a "legacy punishment," so there's absolutely nothing I can ever do about it. :wall:

Blakdragon39.png

"my buddy claims he has diplomatic immunity."

How on earth would you get muted for that?

that's what i said.

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

I agree. The other day, I was in my friends clan chat, and some idiot was saying stupid things...Half way into his stupidity, he threatens to kill himself. I kinda found that offensive, and I was playing FoG, so I only had time to type "No Suicide" as in don't kill yourself. About 30 seconds later, a mod joins in, the other kid blames me for saying I'm gonna kill myself, and the Mod mutes me. Then, the freakin' mod left. It's like I was framed. -.-

Lucky for me, although the mute was supposed to last two days, I was unmuted after the first few hours and I haven't heard anything from the Mod Since. :)

So just wait for justice. It will come when it's do--and those Mods will be a silver crown short.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I got muted for saying "Selling my body" ..When I meant the rune platebody i was wearing.

Dang, that's just horrible. It really shouldn't be the player's fault that some mods have an immature imagination. If these stories are true, then I feel for you all. :|

I got muted for saying "Selling my body" ..When I meant the rune platebody i was wearing.

Dang, that's just horrible. It really shouldn't be the player's fault that some mods have an immature imagination. If these stories are true, then I feel for you all. :|

I know.. considering I was at Grand Exchange.. :thumbdown:

fail124.jpgfailbait.png

Fire Cape - Aug 14, 08.

coolnamefailbaitedit.jpg

I know.. considering I was at Grand Exchange.. :thumbdown:

ouch :XD:

I swear, i get muted for everything, and i mean it. I got muted for saying "my buddy claims he has diplomatic immunity." I mean jesus, how is that offensive? i've also been muted for saying, "Some mods like abusing their muting ability." I mean jesus, mute happy much?

Share/Discuss whatever else you want.

Dude watch your language pl0x

I have not had a post locked since: July 17th, 2008. \:D/

Attempts at Beating GH3 on Expert: 16 and counting \:D/

Check out my new RuneScape-Only Forum at http://www.runeforum.moonfruit.com There's not a single mod there! Be in the first 100 to join! It's Free! OMG OMG OMG!! Lol, seriously there are no mods at all.

zdavenz.png

86/99 Fletching. The siggy lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

(This post was brought to you by one of teh guys with a silver crown)

Well, there are idiots everywhere. Yes, including player moderators. Jagex tries very hard to keep the p-mod community idiot-free, but there will always be some.

Note, that it may simply be a mistake. These things happens, i was muted myself once too -.-

2qcigdz.png

I think mods get bashed a bit too much.

Most people just assume that because 1 mod did something a little brash, they are all like it.

It's the same with any representative of a company.

For example here at tip.it (I know this isn't a company). If I were to say something that caused offence, a lot of people assume that's what the staff view is as a whole, not just an individual view. Same goes with newspapers.

Of course there are some mods that only got that way through schmoozing to JaGEx and went on a complete power trip.

But they aren't immune from being demodded, as many find out. There are a few that tend to think they are above the rules since they are mods.

spacescenev24.jpg

Been a while since the last mod-bashing thread in here...

i do believe some abuse their power to mute players. if u get in a fight with them they could just well mute u. -.-

And the report of the entire fight would be sent to Jagex to read... The mod's part and all.

Threads like these really don't do justice to the many good mods out there.

I will never understand how this kind of thread can be accepted, while a thread bashing any other player group would get shot to hell in 3 posts...

I will never understand how this kind of thread can be accepted, while a thread bashing any other player group would get shot to hell in 3 posts...

As long as individual mods aren't named, and it's civillised discussion not flaming, it's fine.

spacescenev24.jpg

As long as individual mods aren't named, and it's civillised discussion not flaming, it's fine.

Often, individual mods do get named, and there is flaming directed towards them.

hey, there's nothing wrong w/p-mods just a select group that feels the need to mute everybody for a joke.

Remember the search button is your friend. All topics regarding unfair mutes/bannings belong in this sticky.

Sorry about your experience but if you feel a moderator has made an incorrect action you can usually appeal it.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]