lvl 1 clues guide for the hardcore treasure hunter

Vincent

[hide=Introduction]Ever felt like dropping everything you're doing and just doing treasure trails for awhile? for this method you will need at least 52 free bank spaces. this is the pro way of doing it. the more you become familiar with the clues and locations the faster you can finish each clue and get your reward. this trains your thieving and helps you to fill your costume room chest and you could also make money selling some or all of the items.[/hide]

[hide=Method]train your thieving to at least 15. the ham hideout is located on the road between lumbridge and draynor near the area with all the spiders. 1st picklock the trapdoor. go to the east area by the fire and thieve the ham women in the ham hideout. your inventory should look similar to this. substitute teleports if you dont have or get multiple glory amulets. depending on your thieving level you should be able to thieve a lvl 1 clue scroll within 1-5-10 minutes. average for me 99 thieving is probably around 5 minutes.

777gh0.jpg

use the Related links at the top if you need to.

tipit's treasure trail guide

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=treasure_trails.htm[/hide]

[hide=pic of lvl 1 clue rewards]757567dv3.png[/hide]

[hide=pic of lvl 1 uri clue items]599di7.png

uri items are a pain. the idea is to collect all of them ahead of time and all at once for each area. :) i'll be adding a pic of the complete set of items later. there are currently 32 of 52 items pictured.[/hide]

[hide=al kharid stuff]al kharid

steel plateskirt

iron plateskirt

bronze platelegs

desert shirt

buy the moulds in al kharid and make the jewelry.

sapphire ring

emerald ring

gold ring

sapphire necklace

gold necklace

a sapphire amulet

unenchanted tiara[/hide]

[hide=varrock stuff]varrock

these are bought at horvic's

iron platebody

steel platebody

studded body

iron chainbody

bronze chainbody

lowe's range shop and ranging guild or (champ's guild for coif)

leather chaps

longbow

oak shortbow

studded leather chaps

coif ranging guild or champ's guild or craft it or buy on ge

hard leather body bought at range guild or crafted

thessalia's clothing shop

white apron

leather gloves

leather boots

varrock sword shop

Steel Longsword

bronze dagger

zaff's shop

regular staff[/hide]

[hide=gnome stronghold stuff]gnome stronghold 2nd floor northeast section

green gnome hat

green gnome boots

green gnome top

green gnome bottom

cream gnome top

blue gnome robe top

turquoise gnome robe bottom[/hide]

[hide=barbarian village]barbarian village

peska's helmet shop

bronze full helmet

iron medium helm

steel medium helm

steel full helm

iron full helm[/hide]

[hide=odd annoying stuff]bronze 2h sword-buy in taverly 2h shop.

iron warhammer- relekka skuldigrim sells these or smith it with 2 or 3 iron bars.

ham robe bottom-thieve ham for it or take from your costume room.

ham boots-thieve ham for it or take from your costume room.

steel mace-mace shop in falador.

Iron Kiteshield-shield shop in falador.

blue wizard hat-buy from magic shop in port sarim.

black cape-kill a highwayman for the cape drop.

bronze spear-tamaka 1 of the 3 brothers sells them use cleaning cloth on it or kill jogres or goblins for a drop.

steel axe-buy from bob's axe shop in lumbridge or thieve from ham.

bronze axe-buy from bob's axe shop in lumbridge or thieve from ham.

steel pickaxe-thieve from ham or buy in dwarven mine pickaxe shop or smith it with 2 steel bars.[/hide]

[hide=full list of uri stuff]al kharid stuff

steel plateskirt

iron plateskirt

bronze platelegs

desert shirt

buy the moulds in al kharid and make the jewelry.

sapphire ring

emerald ring

gold ring

sapphire necklace

gold necklace

a sapphire amulet

unenchanted tiara

varrock stuff

horvic's armoury

iron platebody

steel platebody

studded body

iron chainbody

bronze chainbody

lowe's range shop or ranging guild or (champ's guild for coif and range guild armour store sells hard leatherbody)

leather chaps

longbow

oak shortbow

studded leather chaps

coif

hard leather body bought in range guild or crafted

thessalia's clothing shop

white apron

leather gloves

leather boots

zaff's shop

regular staff

varrock sword shop

Steel Longsword

bronze dagger

gnome stronghold stuff

green gnome hat

green gnome boots

green gnome top

green gnome bottom

cream gnome top

blue gnome robe top

turquoise gnome robe bottom

peska's helmet shop

bronze full helmet

iron medium helm

steel medium helm

steel full helm

iron full helm

odd annoying stuff

bronze 2h sword-buy in taverly 2h shop.

iron warhammer-relekka skuldigrim sells these or smith it with 2 or 3 iron bars.

ham robe bottom-thieve ham for it or take from your costume room.

ham boots-thieve ham for it or take from your costume room.

steel mace-mace shop in falador.

Iron Kiteshield-shield shop in falador.

blue wizard hat-buy from magic shop in port sarim.

black cape-kill a highwayman for the cape drop.

bronze spear-tamaka 1 of the 3 brothers sells them use cleaning cloth on it or kill jogres or goblins for a drop.

steel axe-buy from bob's axe shop in lumbridge or thieve from ham.

bronze axe-buy from bob's axe shop in lumbridge or thieve from ham.

steel pickaxe-thieve from ham or buy in dwarven mine pickaxe shop or smith it with 2 steel bars.[/hide]

[hide=Conclusion and additional tips]it is ideal to have all the uri items in your bank ahead of time. use the teleports to get around; jewelery and rune teleports. if you dont have the space in your bank; try to get as many of the items that you can; store the 1's that are hardest to get or make. for quick access to these items; use a bank tab that is either free or has few items in it.

when thieving ham i like to sometimes, depending on my patience lvl, keep the broken armour and sometimes the rusty swords and bank them, then use them on my armour repair stand in my house for smithing xp and many platebodies and swords.

this guide is for the hardcore treasure trail hunter; so not for everyone. it requires some dedication to allocate these bank spaces for uri items. but this guide intends to help those, including myself :D , so that the preparation needed isnt that bad when one decides they're going to do this. i do not recommend you keep all the uri items indefinately in your bank and thus the reason for the guide.

it is a good idea before you collect all these items to make sure that you are dedicated to doing lvl 1 clues for awhile, a few days at least, otherwise you would be wasting bank space and time.

good luck and you never know when you'll get that lucky clue or double reward or something else.[/hide]

[hide=refreshments]why a refreshment section for this runescape guide? simple if you're going to be doing something like this, you need to keep yourself going strong. here is a simple beverage that will do that. this does work btw i've tested it with good results. plus i just had this and it's really good and i figured why not add it to the guide.

requirements: must not be allergic to any of the following foods. you will need: UPDATE

FOR A HEALTHY VERSION CHECK BELOW.

a blender

banana

vanilla ice cream

chocolate syrup

milk

take 3-4 scoops of ice cream place in blender. add milk; more milk for thinner shake, less milk for thicker but do add a fair amount. break the banana up and add it, pour some chocolate syrup into it, not too much; just a fairly decent amount. cover the blender. :) turn it on low, then pulse or switch between low and pulse til it's all blended. pour into a large cup over the sink; so you wont spill it. use a spoon to guide the mixture into the large cup if necessary. drink and enjoy.

it's a banana split shake more or less. add nuts if you like. the banana gives you extra energy and the mixture basically keeps you nourished. :) rinse the large cup out and place it in or near the sink when you're done.

HEALTHY VERSION

5 strawberries

1 banana

1 cup non-fat plain yogurt or flavoured

1 cup milk

mix in blender. pour into glass. very good.[/hide]

• Like 1

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

hay nice guide! :D I just went and brought everything from GE, stuck it all into a spare tab I had, and I am now set to go lvl 1 Clue hunting :D

I'm kinda new to all of this so it was very helpful, especially to get prepared like this. Will you be making similar guides for lvl 2/lvl 3 clues as well? or don't they have the big uri specifications?

Anyway, thanks and the guide is very nicely laid out, made obtaining my items before hand very easy/quick.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

thanks. yeah one of the main reasons i made this guide was i could use it myself.

for lvl 2 clues i like to cut to the chase thieving the rocking out files. i know not everyone has done that quest but that's what i do for lvl 2 clues. mechnza the slayer master in canifis assigns many lvl 2 clue droppers so for lvl 2 clues i recommend getting assignments from him.

there arent as many uri items needed for lvl 2 and lvl 3 clues as there are for lvl 1 clues; keep full snakeskin set or just hides for crafting them; and the other items arent hard to get. i may add a list for the lvl 2 uri items and lvl 3 uri items but no plans atm to do that.

if i do and i probably will, i'll just list the items and best place to get them and add a picture of the items. but like i said, most of the items besides the snakeskin set are easy to get; since there's much fewer items; addy square shield, fire battlestaff, full blue dragonhide set, rune warhammer being the harder to get items... i guess check back and i may have added those sections. but no plans atm to do that, so wait and see i guess.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Nice guide! I remember thieving from hams for lvl 1 clues so I could get zammy pages, since they're nearly impossible to get otherwise :roll:

And btw, I love the refreshments section, I might actually try that sometime ::'

Range_0r.png

Anyways, BBL OFF TO SLEEP WITH A RACCOON

• 5 months later...

bumping this guide for the hardcore treasure trail hunters. i got a lvl 1 clue from mtk. it was annoying, 2 uri item clues and 3 other clues but i got a zamorak page 3. sold it on ge for max 373k; so that's good news for those that want to get rich. and just to let you know, if you have access to slayer rings; meaning if you can make them, it's super fast and easy to teleport to relekka with the slayer ring right next to a fairy ring then dial in wherever you need to go. saves a lot of time.

good luck with the clues.

remember thieving ham is the fastest way to get lvl 1 clues.

bumping this guide for the hardcore treasure trail hunters. i got a lvl 1 clue from mtk. it was annoying, 2 uri item clues and 3 other clues but i got a zamorak page 3. sold it on ge for max 373k; so that's good news for those that want to get rich. and just to let you know, if you have access to slayer rings; meaning if you can make them, it's super fast and easy to teleport to relekka code ajr right next to a fairy ring then dial in wherever you need to go. saves a lot of time.

good luck with the clues.

remember thieving ham is the fastest way to get lvl 1 clues.

Managing Thy Kingdom? How do you get clues from there?

2dgucz6.png

from putting your workers on fishing, you can get lvl 1 clues (1 only at a time of course) you also get caskets, half keys, and green fremennik boots as well as raw or cooked tuna and swordfish. you get to choose whether you want it raw or cooked. and there's actually a lot of wierd ways to get clues in the game now, but thieving ham is still the best and fastest for lvl 1 clues. and when i said i got 2 uri clues, i meant during the trail, i had 2 uri clues and 3 other locations to go to; but the main point of the post was; for a long time god book pages were made unavailable on treasure trails; but they've been made available again and even for lvl 1 clues, so that's good news.

You should try other clue droppers too, I actually found bronze knifing minotaurs in the stronghold quite a lot quicker then HAMs (1 clue every 3-4 minutes). Goblins are also a pretty good option, I didn't time them though. And they have another huge upside, if you do a lot of clues, you have quite a good shot at a champion scroll. You need a ROW for both monsters though.

Another tip: most of the uri equipment can be instantly bought from the GE. Using all six spaces, I easily got all items in about half an hour work. (I had to wait for a few overnight though.)

And one more: I like to carry my impling catching equipment with me. I already came across two ninja implings while doing my clues.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I would rather move around in a cycle; that is, when it starts taking a high number of tries to get one, I'll move to a different source. There's an awesome safespot you can use at Goblins if you have Bronze Knives...

bfgxoj.jpg

Stand on the square and you can basically attack several at a time with Knives. It's kinda funny, you can also piss lower levels who are training there off because you can attack another Goblin before one right next to you can hit you. That's how I got my Champion Scroll.

2dgucz6.png

• 7 months later...

the idea is to go to those cities to get that stuff, so the hide makes it easier to read.

probably a better guide for people's pures or mid lower level players to make decent money.

but if you're high level and you have the bank space or can make the bank space, you would be very fast at completing the clues. what i like about it is, it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get and it's not bad money believe it or not; and it's fun.