Discussion

archimage_a

OOC? Lol.

That sucks. They were considering doing a jaw realignment thing where they'd break my jaw then screw it back together, but I decided to get braces instead.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to learn how to code Java, but I haven't the foggiest where to start. My computers teacher had some books on it, but I never managed to delve deep enough into them to learn much because I didn't learn about them til the end of the year. I'll ask him about it at the start of the coming year, 'cause it could be really interesting. I've also tried various C++ tutorials, but always needed a compiler and I could never find one. I wish I could program stuff =P

FOR DUMMIES BOOKS FTW! :thumbup:

My father actually programs in Java for a living, and I'm trying to learn how to do so from books, but the attempt is stagnating.

Compiler for Java = NetBeans IDE 6.1. Fast, free, and free.

I listen to metal, rock, and sometimes electronic. Everything with a strong beat. Except rap.

Haha OOC =P.

ICC(=D):Instruments?

I play drums and air guitar...I can sing,but not like Ricky...So I write the songs,I'm such a creative English mastermind.(By the way I have a great destructive force too.I've broken other people's bones by a simple ramming)

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Aha. We're opposites. I play guitar and air drums. We should make a band =P

I'm trying to learn to play bass as well - my friend leaves his bass at my house (since that's where we practice) and I took his bass into my room and screwed around with a few simple little exercises I found on the Ultimate Guitar forums. It was sweet.

lSEHB.gif

Alto sax is the 2nd best instrument in the world; bari sax is the best!!!! Played alto for coming up on 5 years now, bari for 1 year but they're in the same key, just bari is a few octaves lower. Teaching myself how to play piano, decent at drums.

My dad is a software developer, so he programs not only Java (and javascript) but a multitude of other things as well, C(++, etc) VB, I dunno pretty much anything you can think of.

I know some HTML and BBCode (lol) but only enough to make a webpage... Using the 'big book of HTML doom' I found out how to make a form webpage. Essentially the book is a huge reference book for HTML, all the tags are in it.

Played alto sax for two years back in grade six and seven band. The interesting thing is, as this topic comes up, I've just recently decided to start playing again. My band is playing 'It's Still Rock and Roll to Me' by Billy Joel at the next talent show, and since I played for a while, I get to do the sax solo. Nobody at my school gets to know about it - the sax is just gonna be onstage and nobody's going to know who's going to play it, so when I get up and drop my guitar and pick it up everyone's going to go :shock:

It's going to be SO much fun.

lSEHB.gif

Did you nick that background from Starport(or something along those lines) sure I recognise it....Anyway, planning on learning the Violin....sort of out of sync with everyone elses music...in every respect. ::'

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Actually, I just Googled randomly.

[hide=Here is the image]SpaceStation.jpg[/hide]

I only got it because it had a black background, and that makes it easier to cut out. But it's pretty cool, I guess.

Some people created other spaceships and things, click here to see them.

I just learned the chromatic scale on the alto sax. I just need to practice.

Heh. Which chromatic scale, there's 27 (? don't remember exactly) of them.

I'll find the link, it's on my other computer favorited but I think I just googled something along the lines of alto sax solo sheet music...

yeah... I still don't have it memorized. i can play smoke on the water (E B G E E B G E B E B E B G E E B G E B... )

oh joy marching band 'camp' next week... at least we're doing the beatles this year.

Hi... well i'm a girl as archimage knows already since he's one of my friends....lol... i like all kinds of music ... not really a rap fan though... I listen to a lot of Korean music.. Christian music...(i'm really religious)... i really enjoy classical.... i'm an American.... i cant choose a top 5 songs.... i like way to many... lol.... i have glasses... and my teeth have always been ok.... i can figure out some stuff on comp.'s and stuff... but have no clue when it comes to JAVA and HTML...i know a little Korean/ Japanese.. but not German... sorry.... hmmmm.... 5 words- "i'm confused".."Aja Aja Fighting(Korean saying)"..."YA!!!!!!!!!!(Korean Yelling..lol...).."serisously"..."AWESOME"........ I like to learn about Asian Cultures, play TENNIS and SOCCER, go to church, check facebook, hangout with friends...etc.... wow.. my fav. food- Boolgoki(Korean)... my fav. soda is Sprite...hmmm... my username is what it is because of a deal I made with archimage.... wow..."Shady character!!!".. thats something that me and my friends at church say alot..lol...(inside joke)... well i'm 18 years old.... my b-day is 10 May 1990.... real name: Amanda.. nickname:Mandee.... hmm...

1. i always seem to get hurt(i trip/ fall.. etc..)

2. i'm talking to archimage right now.. via IM

3. I LOVE Torchwood

4. i'm a Japanese Studies minor at NIU as of 3 weeks from now....

5. I LOVE God

6. I MUST convince Archimage to see Dark Knight(only put it because its what i'm trying to do right now)

7. is a HUGE fan of Nadal's....

8. has 2 dogs and 2 horses.. but lives in the city....

9. does not eat breakfast(wonders why that word is not spelled with an "fest"...)

10. loves International politics

...11.... i'm Polish, German, British, & Russian-but born in America.. Chicago, IL.. to be exact... but raised in Asian Culture.....

P.S.- I will make at least one post a week...

MSN: Sakuralulu90

ya.. so.. i'm adding all of you... i got that alert.. 2 people with same identity... :o ... lol

sooo... yeah.... does anyone have pets? where is everyone from? anyone have facebook? (sorry archimage.. i just could not resist asking the facebook qu. ..lol)

z9wl0.jpg

I signed up for facebook yesterday... haven't actually validated the account yet though. :D

No pets.

I am 1/4 Polish, some German, Irish, basically all of those Anglo-Saxan nationalities. Born American though, in Illinois, but I live in Michigan now.

Wewt, I, too, have a Facebook.

Such a big post :o

Born in Illinois, but I am a True-Blue New Yorker. (I can't believe I said that.)

I only have memorized the chromatic scale because I play piano too...so I find it pretty easy.

2 Cats, and a Dog.

I am 1/4 Welsh, 1/4 Isle of Wightish, (around a Quarter but not simply 1/2 of 1/2, slowly building up over the years) 1/4 Kentish(English) the remaining 1/4 is Euro-Asian(With a concentration in France and Germany.) with a smattering of the Middle east

(Originally from Romania/India(Depends on who you ask) and, as a gypsy, came across Europe for about 900 years). Born on the Isle of Wight, moved to Kent a few years ago now(10! More than I thought)

Okay I have a new random question: What is top on your Christmas/whatever holiday you celebrate gift list?

And what websites do you waste your time on?

I know my family is getting a Wii and a new flat screen HDTV. They say that's all we're getting... but I guess I want Twilight Princess... Or this Lego thing --> http://bionicle.lego.com/en-us/Products ... ra_T9.aspx

No it's definitely the Detroit Red Wings Goalie Brat Keychain... or the d20 Necklace. I am such a geek.

Or various other items from http://www.lego.com. :D

timewasting websites:

www.weebls-stuff.com

www.spinnerdisc.com (tiny plaid ninjas ep. 2, pick the squirrel i think. Would you like some more pudding Joseph?)

www.youtube.com (duh)

www.deviantart.com

I know there are more!!!

Um... Gifts.. I don't know actually...I don't buy a whole lot so I am not very good at going 'I want' I am not terribly materialistic...Sorry...I am not overly concerned with my body so thats pampering out the way...It used to be more books...but I have TOO many as it is, as well as 1000 page web archive I want to read :?

All of that said I am just selfish enough not to wish for peace love and freedom, or something like that(being honest...) I suppose what I would like most is about 10 square acres of land... somewhere in wales perferably...doesn't have to be anything there....preferable if it was just grass and water...If anyone wants to gift wrap the deed then ask for my address :D

Wasting time! I don't waste time...I use it unconstructively ;) (smiley mad) Ok... I don't waste alot of my time to be honest.

http://www.Wikipedia.com

http://www.Abandonia.com

http://starcontrol.classicgaming.gamespy.com/scwc/fan_fiction.shtml

Apart from that though....

1/2 Chinese (dialect:Hokkien) and 1/2 Peranakan.Paternal half came from Penang area I believe.I like to think we stopped by Melaka and I have Portugeese blood in me,but its doubtable...

Erm for X-mas...Depends on what I get this Sunday for my Birthday \'

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]