12,000 ipods stolen

Guest TrixStar

He ain't gettin' on no plane.

I pity the fool thinks he is gonna get away with them ipods.

Tell me when it's too far, k?

X1nPw.png

--The Ultimate RuneScape Merchanting Website --

Maybe he has a lot of music he needs to put on an mp3 player(s)? :shock:

lmao with that kind of storage space, who needs a computer, could almost make them into a super computer.

I bet over the next few weeks ebay and other sites like that will just go crazy selling them. Its one thing to steal but another to get away with it.

JLR

possiblenewsig1.jpg

Im sure the guy who stole them knew long before what he was going to do with all those iPods. Probably had buyers before he even took them.

Yeah, chances are they're already spread all over the place bewteen dealers.

dude stupist thing 2 steal...

if u look on the bac theres a serial number apple has the numbers u buy 1 take it 2 an apple store boom cops are all over u.

now with 12,000 ipods theres gonna be a few raids... seriously get something thats not so easily traceable.

also ebay is out of the question as some1 buy 1 reports it they trace the address internet cafe... security cameras ure gone again.

and seriously how the hell are u gonna sell 12,000 ipods :?

IQ lvls have dropped these days

I beg to differ. I'm sure the security around them was minimal and heck it is over 2 million dollars. Not to mention everyone wants one so selling them is alot easier then, say, trying to sell 2.6 million dollars worth of engine parts :wink:

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

still there are better things to take like an atm machine......

although u have 2 be smart 2 take an atm unlike in sydney a couple of years ago when some1 tried 2 tow 1 away untill it caught on fire and destroyed all them money :P

most likely the ipod will go somewhere were it isn't as strickt on laws like china although it could be cheaper 2 get them their.

u never no he could have been trying to backup his incredibly huge computer

:D :D :D

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

dude stupist thing 2 steal...

if u look on the bac theres a serial number apple has the numbers u buy 1 take it 2 an apple store boom cops are all over u.

now with 12,000 ipods theres gonna be a few raids... seriously get something thats not so easily traceable.

also ebay is out of the question as some1 buy 1 reports it they trace the address internet cafe... security cameras ure gone again.

and seriously how the hell are u gonna sell 12,000 ipods :?

IQ lvls have dropped these days

This will probably shock you but ipods arnt the only things to carry serial numbers :shock: :shock:

Laptop computers carry serial numbers I dont see people being busted for stealing hundreds of them at a time same goes for almost any eletrical good.

What you just posted is pretty stupid its not like an ipod is tracable.

Mobile phones are one of the few tracable electronic goods to be stolen.

How the hell can you get caught selling stolen ipods on ebay?

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I seriously don't think this fool knew what he was doing. I think he just knew there would be an expensive shipment and stole it. Judging by the looks of him, he probably figured "hey free stuff" and didn't have buyers already lined up. And yes, I'm stereotyping.

That's at LEAST 48 terabytes worth of storage.. That's if it was only ipod minis. If it was the high end ipod photo.... good lord, 720 terabytes.. :drool:

And that ain't no jibber jabber.

He'll probably only move a couple hundered before he gets busted, unless he's smart, in which case the shipment has been broken up into lots of a few hundered each and moved to different cities.

For some reason I have a feeling they'll catch him, and when they do, they'll find a DiskMan CD player on him.

Productive idea.

Probally find him on Ebay too lol.

No.

surprising noone has done the math yet, ill do it :D

213 x 12,000 = $2,556,000

eesh...yeah, i bet he probably already had sellers before he stole them. interesting piece of news lol, funny that the guy actually stole all of those :D

surprising noone has done the math yet, ill do it :D

213 x 12,000 = $2,556,000

eesh...yeah, i bet he probably already had sellers before he stole them. interesting piece of news lol, funny that the guy actually stole all of those :D

It said in the article, if you actually read it.

this is organized crime.

The person who stole the ipods will have been working for someone else. it wont be a one man operation their could be dozens of people involved.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

obviously im not the idiot here :P

when u have an ipod taken to an apple store they record the seriael number and since there are 12,000 stolen they will ask the person were they got it from and will prob let go for telling them and they can eventually trace it bac.

also once it is reportered that if one is bought on ebay and stolen, ebay will have to hand over the persons information collected to the police and can find out the connection obviously its gonna be a lil sucpicious if they are reported as stolen and ebay is flooded with the ipods

also yes other things have been stolen e.g. laptops and alot of the time they are traced when several are stolen but something of this quantity would stick out. Also most things like fridges, tv's and such that are stolen wouldn't be serviced but with ipods and this many it would be a lil obvious

next time think b4 u post

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

Ipod thefts been big business for alot of people for a while now. I remember they were selling for about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 each at my local market (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 or something in shops at the time I think) & that was not too long after they came out.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

when u have an ipod taken to an apple store they record the seriael number and since there are 12,000 stolen they will ask the person were they got it from and will prob let go for telling them and they can eventually trace it bac.

also once it is reportered that if one is bought on ebay and stolen, ebay will have to hand over the persons information collected to the police and can find out the connection obviously its gonna be a lil sucpicious if they are reported as stolen and ebay is flooded with the ipods

also yes other things have been stolen e.g. laptops and alot of the time they are traced when several are stolen but something of this quantity would stick out. Also most things like fridges, tv's and such that are stolen wouldn't be serviced but with ipods and this many it would be a lil obvious

Thats the problem im always thinking.

SO what if ebay hands the sellers account rego information over to the police? Oh sorry I forgot hes going to give ebay his passport to hold onto :roll:

Yes im sure the guy is going to walk into an apple store with 12,000 ipods and ask for them to be serviced :roll:

You havent ever dealt with crimminals have you?

These people make a living from crime there not little kids stealing candy they know what their doing.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Thats the problem im always thinking.

SO what if ebay hands the sellers account rego information over to the police? Oh sorry I forgot hes going to give ebay his passport to hold onto :roll:

Yes im sure the guy is going to walk into an apple store with 12,000 ipods and ask for them to be serviced :roll:

You havent ever dealt with crimminals have you?

These people make a living from crime there not little kids stealing candy they know what their doing.

sorry detective Dan

they could also be potentially traced through ip other sites etc and also

its not the theif thats gonna go 2 the apple store,

some1 will prob get onto 1 and be stupid enough 2 go the aple store.

obviously the theifs no what there doin but the ppl the buy them can stuff up

carry on ure police work detective 8)

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

Have you ever heard of the data protection act? You cannot just give out peoples information. On another note dan is completely right, this is 12,000 ipods. Less them probably sold it a day, apple arn't going to shell out millions tracking this guy and everyone that buys one to get $2.5mil back.

I thought you guys are just saying in it a comical matter, dang, you actually mean it. There is no way he would've done this alone, stealing so many of them would take over a dozen of people. Most of the time the criminals never get caught for this type of crime (unless, as mentioned, they're cellphones which can be eventually tracked down) which makes it lucrative.

People don't just walk into a store or a warehouse and say "wow, free iPods, awesome, I think I'll steal 12000 of them". It's organised crime and they most likely had it set up weeks before they actually committed it. Think that there were 24 people helping him. Each one gets to sell 600 of them, it's just too easy if the store is stupid enough to leave so many iPods without any protection at all. There's not much you can say in this situation, except... "Free money". This kind of stuff happens all the time with laptops and other electrical goods. They barely ever get caught.

sorry detective Dan

they could also be potentially traced through ip other sites etc and also

its not the theif thats gonna go 2 the apple store,

some1 will prob get onto 1 and be stupid enough 2 go the aple store.

obviously the theifs no what there doin but the ppl the buy them can stuff up

carry on ure police work detective 8)

so what if buyers turn the stolen ipods in? the thieves already got their money. its extremely difficult to track people down through the internet. no company (especially one as reputable as ebay) would give out their customers' personal information.

it doesnt matter how many ip addresses the cops track, the thieves identities will remain secret unless they do something really stupid digitally.

anyhow, i highly doubt whoever stole these ipods are going to be selling them online. this is organized crime and theyll probably have the ipods shipped to different dealers in tens or even hundreds of cities and sell them on the streets for say 100 bucks each.

adolpha2mp.png

[Jarkan (retired)]-[2001-2003]

[Adolpha (retired)]-[2003-2004]