What would be the best band?

dragoonson

DRUMS - Keith Moon (The Who). Keith is commonly known as the innovator of drums, which, up until him, were only used as a back beat, not a necessity for songs. Moon changed that, and made them need to be used in rock music. He is also known for quick, cascading rolls across the toms and cymbals. Don't believe me? Listen to 'Won't Get Fooled Again', and then we'll talk.

I definitely don't mean this personally, but Keith Moon might be one of the most overrated drummers of all time. He was good, but he was not an innovator. Moon carried around his double bass set, but rarely played the second bass drum. I don't really want to start a drummer war here, but Bonham could do more on a single kick than Moon could do with two. I've been listening to classic rock for my entire life and I come from a line of drummers that stretches back to the 30s. I'd put Keith Moon behind Bonham, Peart, Paice, and Baker. 5th best in his genre.

Yes, I know that Keith Moon isn't as good as Neil Peart, and would get beaten in 2 seconds if he was in a drum war against Bonham, but I believe that Moon has an original sound, and that not many other drummers have that same sound. Now, I respect what other drummers have done for rock music, but, in my band, Keith Moon would be on drums. Yes, he may not be the best, but so what?

Jampot_48.gif

Yes, I know that Keith Moon isn't as good as Neil Peart, and would get beaten in 2 seconds if he was in a drum war against Bonham, but I believe that Moon has an original sound, and that not many other drummers have that same sound. Now, I respect what other drummers have done for rock music, but, in my band, Keith Moon would be on drums. Yes, he may not be the best, but so what?

He was definitely not an "innovator" of the drums as you say though. Go watch Buddy Rich or Gene Krupa and you'll see where Moon and every other drummer of the 60s and 70s got their style from.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Vocals - Alex Varkatzas (Come on, who cares if you think he sucks at singing)

Back-up vocals/bass - Porter Mcknight. Srsly.

Guitar - Dan Jacobs.

Drums - Brandon Saller.

Rhythm guitar - Travis Miguel

They certainly look familiar when they're altogether.

Now let's have it for real.

Metal(core):

Vocals - Matt Tuck

Lead Guitar - Dan Jacobs

Bass/backup vocals - Porter Mcknight, John Moyer, or Jason James

Drums - Bonzo or Brandon Saller. Thing about Saller though is that I've heard him sing, haven't heard Bonzo. So Brandon could probably pull off the choruses.

Vocals: Phil Anselmo.

Guitar/vocals: Zakk Wylde.

Guitar: Dimebag Darrell.

Bass: Marco Panichi.

Drums: Jan Axel Blomberg.

Oh man, Zakk Wylde and Dimebag? That'd be incredible. :P

I have to second this.

Johnny Davis(Korn)-Vocals

Axel Rose(GnR)-Vocals

Slash(GnR)-Rythm Guitar

Synster Gates(A7x)-Lead Guitar

Rex Brown(Pantera)-Bass

Flea(RHCP)-Bass

Vinnie Paul Abbot(Pantera)-Drums

Travis Barker(Blink-182)-Drums

Pretty good metal sound if it would happen.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Vocals: Phil Anselmo.

Guitar/vocals: Zakk Wylde.

Guitar: Dimebag Darrell.

Bass: Marco Panichi.

Drums: Jan Axel Blomberg.

Oh man, Zakk Wylde and Dimebag? That'd be incredible. :P

I have to second this.

Yeah man, they were basically brothers. Dimebag had Zakk's bullzeye design tattooed on his forearm and everything. Considering they're both very over-the-top guitarists, had they collaborated I'm certain they would've created some amazing pieces of art. Me and my friends have discussed this in detail. :P

2009rb9.jpg