Item Lending?

shooterbob7

This item lending update has not really been useful. its good that people can borrow some items, but people have abused this too much. For example, if your in an f2p trade world,(wearing any rare), you'll get mobbed by hundreds of noobs following you asking for your santa, phat, and h'ween mask. even if you turn your chat off, its constantly annoying that people are following you. The worst part is, you see random people with rares, that dont deserve them. for me, i have three halloween masks and one santa. it was fun to wear them in varrock, but now the other people that once looked up to that, are now asking you for it. this thing drives m crazy.

shooterbob7.png

I can see that you are angry that noobs think it is alright to come up to you and ask for it, you haven't had any form on conversation with them before it, so they don't deserve it really. That is quite annoying... What gets me, is that when people come up to you and go " nice *insert item here* you buy it?" so they would begin to question that I'm borrowing that item, which is a real drag... I have slight issues with people charging money for the lending of their bgs and stuff, it's only a game but I won't go into further details.

Luck be a Lady

This item lending update has not really been useful. its good that people can borrow some items, but people have abused this too much. For example, if your in an f2p trade world,(wearing any rare), you'll get mobbed by hundreds of noobs following you asking for your santa, phat, and h'ween mask. even if you turn your chat off, its constantly annoying that people are following you. The worst part is, you see random people with rares, that dont deserve them. for me, i have three halloween masks and one santa. it was fun to wear them in varrock, but now the other people that once looked up to that, are now asking you for it. this thing drives m crazy.

I have the same problem. I'm a proud owner of a Santa Hat and I used to love wearing it in Varrock. It felt nice becuase people seemed to look up to you/praise you that you had that much money to actually buy one or any rare. Now if you even dare to wear it anywhere you get swormed by people you have never met before wanting/begging to borrow it. If their not begging to borrow it then their actually annoyingly questioning whether or not it actually is yours.So for now I only wear it if I'm hanging out with friends becuase their the only people that don't want to borrow it (mainly becuase they have their own).

And then when you walk into the Grand Exchange you see other people renting their Rares out. Or you see noobs that are wearing Rares that don't deserve the praise or the item becuase they haven't worked for the money to have the ability to wear that particular Rare.

That's why this update i feel is good for members. And not so good for non-members.

Members=people actually want to borrow a sword or armour or something else that's useful.

Non-members=don't care for the armour or swords,only want the rares.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

This is my opinion and it's going to be pretty hard to change it. :-#

Allybopper.png

Wow, being in f2p with a rare and getting mobbed by f2p'ers? Sounds just like before the update when you would be in f2p and get mobbed by f2p'ers who wanted to borrow it (with no intention of giving it back).

So you can't flaunt your e-package in public anymore without getting mobbed. I'll bet you secretly love this extra attention you're getting, considering (as you said) you spent so much time showing off to the newbs in Varrok.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So since people don't look up to you, your angry? Alright. Saying people don't deserve the barrowed items? Not everyone gets items so people will look up to them. How is this being abused? People begging for you to lend the rare is not abusing, people that don't deserve the item is not abusing... What part are you talking about that is?

| Dragon drops: 5 | GWD drops: 8 | DK drops: 4 | Obby drops: 2 |

So since people don't look up to you, your angry? Alright. Saying people don't deserve the barrowed items? Not everyone gets items so people will look up to them. How is this being abused? People begging for you to lend the rare is not abusing, people that don't deserve the item is not abusing... What part are you talking about that is?

I think he means more along the lines of, "Since anybody can wear my partyhat and not just the people who can afford them, the demand will go down and make mine somewhat useless." And also along the lines of "here's also no real accomplishment with wearing someone else's d chain (in my case) because you didn't earn it." It's like giving out a party hat back before dec of 07. It meant nothing except that the person who gave it to you wanted you to have it. I'd honestly like to earn that d chain and get a pic instead of just paying 30k an hour for it...

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I think they should only allow item lending between friends (players with each other on their friends' lists), this would decrease the current anonymity of item lending a lot.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I don't get it, your saying before you were looked up to, now your being worshiped, i thought that would inflate your head even more, but i guess its too annoying. Does it really matter? Just a bunch of people following you, welcome to zezima land? Learn to deal with it, i say, if it REALLY ticks you off, geez.

I don't get it, people looked up to you before now people worship you (as someone else said) so surely you should be complimenting jagex not complaining. If you don't like then turn public chat off and ignore the people following you and they will eventually stop.

SUPER.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems that you already have high standards of yourself and like bragging in a game, about time that you spent in on a computer. So now you just get more people that inflate your head and you are complaining, typical Runescape member, thinks that if they want something they get it and even if an update is good you still complain.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008