New Theaving/Bank Thing - Hide items in bush

jackday0

I was watching a program about CCTVs a few days ago and a woman was stealing stuff from a supermarket and hiding it in a bush then collecting it later and i have had an idea...

Special bushes located around some areas, quite common. With the Thieving skill you can hide stuff in the bush like a mini bank, but the amount you can put in them is determined on your thieving level, and you can only pick stuff back up again from the bush that one put it in there, (the banks are all connected, these wont be!)

I think this would make it easier when fishing etc.

Thanks Jack

--edit--

Yer I was thinking it to be like warriorccc0's idea, "Normal Bush - holds 1 items - Level 10 thieving, etc", and possibly to relieve the forgetting proble, (although not very life like), you could possibly speak to the master thief (if there is one atm) and (s)he would tell one where your bushes where, and what where inside?

I love the "burglar's nook" idea, :D!

Also I think if you could only put stolen goods in (like some of have been saying) would make it more interesting, as if you wanted to store some emergency food or runes, then you would have to have the level to be able to steal them in the first place!

And this might be a bit mean, but possibly as a random event, when you put something inside, it gets eaten or lost or something like that! :mrgreen:

jackday0.png

Cool, this sounds like a productive idea. Maybe you could have "theiving tools" where you could maybe dig a hole in the ground, or chip a brick out of a wall and create a "burglar's nook". (lol, old time movies can do this to you) Please elaborate on this idea! :D

I can imagine this..

Normal Bush - holds 1 items - Level 10 thieving

Wild Bush - holds 2 items - level 20 thieving

Large Bush - Holds 3 items - level 40 thieving

Thick Bush - Holds 4 items - level 60 thieving

Burly Bush - Holds 5 items - level 80 thieving

People would stash their random items into bushes but then will forget which bush holds what..

Somedude: Sorry, I can't go to the clan event, I'm trying to find which bush I left my phat at.

Dr_Brinner.png

Sounds like a cool idea. In case if you forget what bush you stashed some stuff in perhaps there could be an option so your character remembers and says something like...

"I remember stashing some items in the one of the bush's at Falador."

You get the idea...

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

Sounds like a cool idea. In case if you forget what bush you stashed some stuff in perhaps there could be an option so your character remembers and says something like...

"I remember stashing some items in the one of the bush's at Falador."

You get the idea...

Oooh good idea

jackday0.png

People would stash their random items into bushes but then will forget which bush holds what..

Somedude: Sorry, I can't go to the clan event, I'm trying to find which bush I left my phat at.

If you were to store something in a bush the bush would have a colored circle over it on the map. And any bushes that you stored stuff in would slightly shake to show that something stored in there. And this would be awesome for a Theiving Quest of some kind.

I support 100%! :thumbsup:

archsupportei2.png I Support Archaeology Skill 110%!

nito_rpg.png

Your Gaming Informer,

NitoRPG

This is a good Idea, You could Hide a teleport in every bush, so you can get to a bank easy :D
Lol, the fact that you can just 'hide' a teleport in a bush sounds funny :P

Bush teleport... :-k

Seriously though, I like the idea. Only problem I see has been mentioned, what if you forget the bush? I like, um, that one guy's idea where you can remember where you hid something. Perhaps you could have some list which automatically records where something is hidden?

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Seems pretty useless to me, is PP not enough for xp, and is 440 odd bank spaces not enough to store your junk?

Sorry, no support.

GL though.

It wouldn't be for EXP really, just like people done use Agility shortcuts for Exp,

and they would be scattered around, in areas where there are no banks (and where there are).

jackday0.png

This is a good Idea, You could Hide a teleport in every bush, so you can get to a bank easy :D
Lol, the fact that you can just 'hide' a teleport in a bush sounds funny :P

Bush teleport... :-k

Seriously though, I like the idea. Only problem I see has been mentioned, what if you forget the bush? I like, um, that one guy's idea where you can remember where you hid something. Perhaps you could have some list which automatically records where something is hidden?

My Reply to that was,

If you were to store something in a bush the bush would have a colored circle over it on the map. And any bushes that you stored stuff in would slightly shake to show that something stored in there. And this would be awesome for a Theiving Quest of some kind.

I support 100%! :thumbsup:

archsupportei2.png I Support Archaeology Skill 110%!

nito_rpg.png

Your Gaming Informer,

NitoRPG

Seems pretty useless to me, is PP not enough for xp, and is 440 odd bank spaces not enough to store your junk?

Sorry, no support.

GL though.

It wouldn't be for EXP really, just like people done use Agility shortcuts for Exp,

and they would be scattered around, in areas where there are no banks (and where there are).

Yeah but agility shortcuts, actually get you to places faster. These bushes would do nothing except hold an item in a pretty useless place?

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I love this idea. Thieving is one of my favourite skills. These could be useful in less popular thieving locations, like Rellekka or Ape Atoll.

I also agree with Mrmegakirby on this:

I think, only things you can steal can be "Bushed"

My only tweak would be instead of:

I can imagine this..

Normal Bush - holds 1 items - Level 10 thieving

Wild Bush - holds 2 items - level 20 thieving

Large Bush - Holds 3 items - level 40 thieving

Thick Bush - Holds 4 items - level 60 thieving

Burly Bush - Holds 5 items - level 80 thieving

All the bushes would be the same and you could put in one item per Thieving level. Because if you steal like 20 fish and want to store them for later, putting 5 in a bush isn't gonna do much. So for instance, if you have 40 Thieving, then you can store forty items.

Brian_307.png

Brian_307.png

An okay idea, but perhaps there could be designated bushes marked with a symbol on the minimap. We wouldn't want players having nearly unlimited bankspace, now would we?

Perhaps you could use a fake bush, so that it wouldn't eventually die. There are many possibilities here.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

An okay idea, but perhaps there could be designated bushes marked with a symbol on the minimap. We wouldn't want players having nearly unlimited bankspace, now would we?

Perhaps you could use a fake bush, so that it wouldn't eventually die. There are many possibilities here.

One that comes to mind is a short quest with a low thieving requirement, where perhaps you speak to the nice men at the rogues den, and each one needs some useless (to us at least) bag stored in a bush somewhere, and then they complain to us that the bushes died and local gaurds found their loot. You go to the wizards tower and voila, take a magical growth potion, regrow each bush, and then use another potion to keep the bushes healthy forevar. Then they give you a quest point, some gold, some experience, and a quest list reminder of where each bush is and if you have an item in it.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png