firefox

superaymond

To make a backup of the bookmarks, which makes a file which you can save on and external device and import into Firefox once you reformat.

Firefox 2 Backup:

•  
    1. Click Bookmarks at the top.

2. Click Organize Bookmarks.

3. Click file in the new windows that pops up called "Bookmarks Manager".

4. Click Export and then save it where you want. This makes an HTML file that you can import to Firefox later.

Firefox 3 Backup:

•  

3. Click Import and Backup at the top of the new windows that pops up called "Library".

4. Click Export HTML. This makes an HTML file that you can import to Firefox later.

Firefox 2 Restore:

•  

3. Click file in the new windows that pops up called "Bookmarks Manager".

4. Click Import, select From File, hit next, find the file you made with the instructions above. Your Bookmarks should now be there as before.

Firefox 3 Restore:

•  

3. Click Import and Backup at the top of the new windows that pops up called "Library".

4. Click Import HTML, Select From HTML File, hit next, find the file you made with the instructions above. Your Bookmarks should now be there as before.

I am going to reinstall vista on my computer and planning to format c drive, but for firefox, i have this list of bookmarks that i can't manually take down. Anyone know where these bookmarks are stored on the disc so i can just move it to my D drive?

Hi there, superaymond. I dunno what the rest of these people are thinking, giving you the bloody runaround. However, I've dropped in with the answer you need (and want) to have so that you can do exactly what you wish. You'll find your bookmarks file located within...

C:\Users\<Windows login/user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>

...and it will be named "bookmarks.html", making it extremely easy to find. BTW, those items in italics are reference names, meant to be replaced with the appropriate folder names. I'll leave it to you to fill those in for yourself, seeing as I can't see your folder tree. 8-)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I am going to reinstall vista on my computer and planning to format c drive, but for firefox, i have this list of bookmarks that i can't manually take down. Anyone know where these bookmarks are stored on the disc so i can just move it to my D drive?

Hi there, superaymond. I dunno what the rest of these people are thinking, giving you the bloody runaround. However, I've dropped in with the answer you need (and want) to have so that you can do exactly what you wish. You'll find your bookmarks file located within...

C:\Users\<Windows login/user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>

...and it will be named "bookmarks.html", making it extremely easy to find. BTW, those items in italics are reference names, meant to be replaced with the appropriate folder names. I'll leave it to you to fill those in for yourself, seeing as I can't see your folder tree. 8-)

~D. V. Devnull

How are we giving him the run around when me and Sloter gave easier (and correct) answers to his problem.

Your the one giving him the run around because appdata is a hidden folder so unless he has the option to show hidden folders (which by default people don't have on) your more complicated solution is no good.

goldenblade995.png

How are we giving him the run around when me and Sloter gave easier (and correct) answers to his problem.

"runaround" = "giving answer to anything BUT what they specifically asked for"... 'Nuff said. :ugeek:

Your the one giving him the run around because appdata is a hidden folder so unless he has the option to show hidden folders (which by default people don't have on) your more complicated solution is no good.

blade995, it is safe to assume (given the question they asked) that they are viewing hidden files/folders on their computer... And no, I'm NOT giving them the runaround, especially since I answered their exact question with the correct and appropriate answer for it. 8-)

One last thing... Ever heard of someone "blowing steam" over a very simple question with only one exact answer??? Wasn't particularly aimed at the people who didn't give the exact answer. :P ... Anywho, "[/thread]", 'Nuff arguing, 'Nuff said.

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The first two solutions are so much easier than yours Devnull.

You can also just backup the bookmarks and transfer the file to an external memory like a flash drive, then put it back once the format is done.

Personally I think blade995's idea is the easiest, since you don't have to store it yourself.

spacescenev24.jpg