Practice 99?

Knotch_Blade

Hi all,

I recently gave up on my goal to 99 Hunter, it requires much too much focus for my current interest level.

So I got around to thinking...

Would getting 99 Fletching/Cooking/or Firemaking be a good way to sort of set the pace for my future goals?

Would it be a way to get the feel for a 99?

Some could say it's a practice 99 :D

Anyway, I would like your thoughts and ideas on having a warm-up with fletching/cook/fm.

~Knotch

P.S. I actually like fletching, I liked it since the first day I joined members, but Hunter>Fletching.

No, practice 99's are kinda useless in my opinion. Just set average to hard goals (90 mage, 82 rc, 85 agility), then complete them. That should help you get the feeling for setting a goal and sticking to it, and in the end you'll have a useful level, not some pointless-after-85 firemaking cape.

2dvjurb.png

No, practice 99's are kinda useless in my opinion. Just set average to hard goals (90 mage, 82 rc, 85 agility), then complete them. That should help you get the feeling for setting a goal and sticking to it, and in the end you'll have a useful level, not some pointless-after-85 firemaking cape.

QFT. No point wasting time on a goal that you don't really care about when you could be spending that time on something more fun and/or useful.

I wouldn't go for the Surfing The Interwebz 99 (Cooking/Fletching). They will not teach you anything about a level 99 skill. You will be even more bored of the other skills since you can't read the forums while doing them.

I would go for 99 thieving with pyramid plunder. It is a skill that requires allot of attention, but at a fast rate. You can get over 200k xp an hour at level 91, so it would be a good skill to teach you of how the real 99s are.

Plus it is a fairly rare cape even though it is a fast skill. Not to mention I think the cape looks pretty cool (I like the purple and black trim).

Stellactic.gif

Out of the 3 fletching is the way to go.

However, I would do a combat 99. My first and only 99 was defence and I cannot tell you how happy I was to finally achieve it.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thanks, everyone.

I think I'll all 70s and get a real feel for high level skill advancing.

As for a combat 99, I'll probably get a few, Slayer is my favourite skills, it never bores me.

~Knotch

each skills is trained in such different ways and takes such different amounts of time that no 99 can help you with the interest/focus for any other 99

They only way 99s can help you with others is if they are useful to tht skill, such as in my case cooking along the way to 99 fish produced 99 cooking

Fletching on the way to 99 wc produced 99 fletching

The only skills trained in exactly the same way are attack defence strength

So in a word no practice 99s are pointless, just set a goal and stick to it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

each skills is trained in such different ways and takes such different amounts of time that no 99 can help you with the interest/focus for any other 99

Yes, because fishing and woodcutting are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Cooking, fletching, smithing, crafting, herblore and all those do-X skills have NOTHING IN COMMON. Seriously, most skills are the same basic idea.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yes, because fishing and woodcutting are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Cooking, fletching, smithing, crafting, herblore and all those do-X skills have NOTHING IN COMMON. Seriously, most skills are the same basic idea.

While in theory they all the same idea they are all different

During fishing you spend alot of time standing around doing very little and having to keep your eyes peeled for big fish and whirlpools and tracking where the spots you need have moved to

During woodcutting you spend less time standing around and have to keep moving as trees become stumps and waiting for them to refil and you have to mainly keep your eyes peeled for ents.

Cooking you have to keep running from the bank to your cooking spot, dropping the burnts

Fletching you just stand at a bank and click

Smithing your running too and from anvils with a set number of bars, eg if your doing plates your gonna carry 25 bars not 27 and you have to pick what your doing.

In essence YES every single skill is the same point and click then wait. But the combinations of what your doing, how your doing and how long it takes makes each one very different and as such appeal differently to various people.

I mean mining is essentially the same process as wc and fishing, yet mining bores me, while I happily fished and wced to 99s

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mining is significantly different to fishing and woodcutting (which are clones of each other) because there is only one ore per rock (unless we're talking about essence, which is the same thing as fishing and woodcutting again). You like fishing and woodcutting because they both are "click on object, read forum until object changes state, click on next object, repeat" skills. Smithing and cooking are another clone, though slightly different because you can make more than one thing out of one bar. Fletching, herblore and crafting are EXACTLY the same thing in most cases, they involve repeatedly withdrawing items from the bank and using do-X to process them without moving. Crafting can also be like cooking if you're making bracelets and such. I would be amazed if somebody liked woodcutting but not fishing, or vice versa, for any reason other than which makes more profit or something like that. They're the same action.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Mining is significantly different to fishing and woodcutting (which are clones of each other) because there is only one ore per rock (unless we're talking about essence, which is the same thing as fishing and woodcutting again). You like fishing and woodcutting because they both are "click on object, read forum until object changes state, click on next object, repeat" skills. Smithing and cooking are another clone, though slightly different because you can make more than one thing out of one bar. Fletching, herblore and crafting are EXACTLY the same thing in most cases, they involve repeatedly withdrawing items from the bank and using do-X to process them without moving. Crafting can also be like cooking if you're making bracelets and such. I would be amazed if somebody liked woodcutting but not fishing, or vice versa, for any reason other than which makes more profit or something like that. They're the same action.

QFT. I trained woodcutting to 99 because I liked fishing, and they were essentially clones of one another. It felt a lot like getting 99 fishing twice.