[TuT]orial Contest! Need entries!

ipkjooo

[hide=Old <3:

Try your best to come up with something original! (We dont need tuts on how to add a gradient :P)

Contest list of judges, and completed tutorials.

Judges:

• [*:1qgka811]ipkjooo

[*:1qgka811]TheReligiousOne

Completed Tuts!

• [*:1qgka811]Little Has One Completed.[hide=Clicky]socomsmudgetutorialgo3.png[/hide]

[*:1qgka811]Unknownz Has One Completed.[hide=Clicky]
http://dptut.blogspot.com[/hide]

[*:1qgka811]Humus Has One Completed.[hide=Clicky] Photoshop Signature Tutorial[/hide]

[*:1qgka811]Shiny Has Two Completed[hide=Clicky!]Bloodied_Knight___The_Gimp_by_Mrshinyredplanet.png[/hide] [hide=#2]Assassin__s_Creed_Tutorial_by_Mrshinyredplanet.png[/hide]

Pretty good idea actually. You'd be best to have it last a few weeks though, the gallery could use some good tutorials.

Just putting it out there... but what if the person who won got a custom title or something? I think an incentive to get a ton of tutorials out there is a good idea.

Nadril, I just noticed, you have frking almost 16000 posts. Damn dude xD :shock:

But yeah, a custom title is alway enticing. I'm not sure they give them out that easily though.

I guess I'd be in this contest with an Illustrator tutorial. Dunno what yet, but I'll think of something.

tipitsigte0.png

Personally I would say the winner would be judged on:

• [*:2i40ilen]Complexity (slightly more complex tutorials should obviously get marked a bit higher.)

[*:2i40ilen]How easy is the tutorial to follow?

[*:2i40ilen]Are their enough images to keep readers updated?

[*:2i40ilen]How does the final product turn out?

But that's just me :lol:

I'd be interesting in joining.

But since my cup of tea is more drawing than making sigs, would it be ok to make a tut on that (I can still use PS or Gimp, but it's not really specific, could be done using pencils...)

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Just putting it out there... but what if the person who won got a custom title or something? I think an incentive to get a ton of tutorials out there is a good idea.

It's been said many times that Tip.it won't give out custom titles for user-made contest, just because then we'd have everyone going around, "Oh! Gimme a rank for my contest!"

Hopefully I interpreted you correctly. :P

Great idea though, I could really use a few good tutorials...

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I'll enter.

So I'm guessing that the winner tutorial would be based on length, detail, layers, and difficultity of sig?

Dyou really think the amount of layers has anything to do with the quality of a sig/tutorial? :\

tipitsigte0.png

I suppose we could add pixeling, but have it in its own category maybe?

Simply due to the fact that some find pixeling alot harder than sigs (Myself as an example -.- )

I think there should only be one category. And it can be very open. Why not just make it *a tutorial on graphical arts*? That includes pretty much everything from photography to gfx sigs to pixels.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

I'll enter.

So I'm guessing that the winner tutorial would be based on length, detail, layers, and difficultity of sig?

Dyou really think the amount of layers has anything to do with the quality of a sig/tutorial? :\

I meant length of tutorial, detail on each step, amount of layers, and how complex the tag is.

The amount of layers depend on the type of tag. In your shoes, drawing something can be all on one layer. Just putting that out there. :-#

Dart.jpg

I have to agree with the very open category.

I think we should have 3/5 judges who vote on what they see is the best tutorial as well as a poll so that everyone in the gallery has a chance to vote for their favorite tutorial. As the judges will probably be more experienced their vote will be worth 3x more than each vote in the poll (so a judges vote is really 3 votes)

This looks like its going to be a HUGE help to everyone new and old in the gallery.

We will still have to come up with some kind of prize for this though :lol:

Maybe we could also insert different categories, like:

Photoshop Tutorials,

Gimp Tutorials,

Illustrator Tutorials (That one could also be called 'Other Tutorials', since there only seems to be 1 active Illustrator user)

Or:

Signature Tutorials

Photo Manipulation/Enhancement tutorials

Graphic Tutorials

Vector Tutorials.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

Maybe we could also insert different categories, like:

Photoshop Tutorials,

Gimp Tutorials,

Illustrator Tutorials (That one could also be called 'Other Tutorials', since there only seems to be 1 active Illustrator user)

Or:

Signature Tutorials

Graphic Tutorials

Vector Tutorials.

I think the 2nd option is better, but the categories would bo:

Signature Tutorials (Renders, stock and pixels.)

Effect Tutorials

I think that's how the categories would work.

I definitely think this will be a contest! So I'm going to need some judges! The judges can submit a tutorial but cannot vote it as the best.

Well I've started mine already, so even if this doesn't happen I'll post it later.

EDIT: Well I'm done now. Just tell me where to post it.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png