Holiday Event Items, please come back.

ssbmbeliever

No. This has been discussed before. The only possible way this could happen is release the items in different color schemes, and we know Jagex isn't going to do that because it's going to make all the people who got the originals angry anyway. You don't see me crying because I don't have bunny ears, a scythe, a zombie head, a party hat, or a santa hat, do you? THOSE ARE THE ONLY HOLIDAY ITEMS I DON'T HAVE AND I DON'T CARE THAT I DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!

again, I don't care about the items you mentioned.

Then your topic is pointless, you originally meant all holiday items.

I mentioned all holiday items yes, but for one not tradeables, and two I said I (I I I) don't care for the dropped items, only for those requiring events.

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You accept the fact that they got it and you didn't, its a sign of how long you've been playing.

Do I want a Scythe? yes, but I wont get it so = [

If anyone could have it they wouldnt be special, because they show your dedication to the game.

Issac, why don't you use the tip.it smilies??

Also, to the OP, if you want the topic locked, you have to edit the OP title to LOCK

Edit: And responding to Ssmbeliever's last post, the reason that it's nice to play with the holiday items is the satisfaction of knowing that not every Joe and his dog has one.

Not for me, I see people who are like where do you get snow globe, and i wish they had been able to make the event, cause it funner when you can hang in a huge party of fiernds, all of whom have say a yoyo, if that's how you think, then you're a self-conceited pig. no offence.

facepalmky7.jpg

How does that make me a self-conceited pig? I think you're the one that is conceited, because you believe that you are entitled to having holiday items even though you weren't around at the time. Gf son. Oh, and just for the record, I'm playing with my yo-yo at the moment.

Oh, and nice double post.

Alex_Lei1993.png

They show how long you played.. And like the above poster said, being on enough and dedicated to the game to have all them since you played and not missing any.

If you want a holiday item go buy a santa and stop complaining.

It doesn't really show how long you've played. You could have played for half a month and gotten a phat and doesn't show anything..

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

They show how long you played.. And like the above poster said, being on enough and dedicated to the game to have all them since you played and not missing any.

If you want a holiday item go buy a santa and stop complaining.

It doesn't really show how long you've played. You could have played for half a month and gotten a phat and doesn't show anything..

he's not talking about party hats. He's talking about the untradeable holiday items.

Gyroman25.gif

1. All players can get old holiday music regardless of when they started playing.

2. All players can get old holiday emotes regardless of when they started playing.

And in my opinion, I value the music and emotes far more than any of my holiday items.

How "long" you've been playing doesn't show **** about your dedication to RuneScape. If you played 6 years and are level 70 and have a scythe, bunny ears and a blue partyhat, but I have 136 combat and 2015 total level, have contributed countless hours of research into the game in order to enhance the RuneScape community, like my Ultimate Monster Examine Guide and all the information I've contributed to Tip.It and other various fansites, plus have my own fansite which I've spent hours on, and have an extensive knowledge of the game, and am completionist in the game meaning I have all music, emotes, outfits, quests completed, diaries completed, miniquests completed, minigames completed, etc... that shows a damn lot more dedication than you even if I've played 1/3 of the time you have. In fact, the longer you've played than me with the same amount of achievement, the worse it makes YOU look, not me, because I have achieved more than you, therefore am better. Now I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I have far more respect for myself, having played 2 years and achieved nearly max combat and over 2000 total as well as what I mentioned above, than I do for people who've played 8 years and have horrible in-game achievements. In fact, I look down upon them.

Think of it this way: does RandomPlayer111 deserve a Prayer skillcape just because he started playing 8 years ago but only has 36 prayer? No, I deserve one though, because I've actually earned it by getting level 99 prayer. Achievements constitute deserving - not how long you've been around.

I used to say they shouldn't re-release items, but they give us back music and emotes so holiday items might as well go in the toybox. And I only mean the re-release of the untradable holiday items as this is realistic and can be done with minimal whining from players (I can guarantee you the outcry from the select few who give a rat's *** would be dwarfed compared to the removal of free trade).

By the way, this post is from a neutral point of view, because personally I don't care whether they re-release items or not.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Edit: And responding to Ssmbeliever's last post, the reason that it's nice to play with the holiday items is the satisfaction of knowing that not every Joe and his dog has one.

Not for me, I see people who are like where do you get snow globe, and i wish they had been able to make the event, cause it funner when you can hang in a huge party of fiernds, all of whom have say a yoyo, if that's how you think, then you're a self-conceited pig. no offence.

[hide=]facepalmky7.jpg[/hide]

How does that make me a self-conceited pig? I think you're the one that is conceited, because you believe that you are entitled to having holiday items even though you weren't around at the time. Gf son. Oh, and just for the record, I'm playing with my yo-yo at the moment.

It makes you look conceited, because you feel that it doesn't matter if someone else didn't get it, you're happy they didn't infact, according to your post.

OT: I usually double-post, because I read something, quote it, then read a new thing after that. Next time hide big pictures btw.

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

facepalmky7.jpg

smilie-1.gifsmilie-1.gif

exactly lol you got 2 weeks to get it so with the newer one so u cant say within reason that you were playing at that time

there are lots of toys like the horseys and toy kites etc if you want to play with your friends

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]