Holiday Event Items, please come back.

ssbmbeliever

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ssbm, you don't have to thank someone every time they defend you...

Anyways, KingJD, if you think that skills show how long you've been playing, then think again. It's possible to get a 99 within a week or two of just beginning if you are truly dedicated. However, some spend years of playing to get just 1 skill maxed. N0valyfe is a good example of this, he didn't even play for very long before reaching #1.

With the holiday items, it's a guaranteed thing that you have been playing since at least the day of that holiday item's release.

For one, he said skills show dedication, which was the point of what you were saying before, and do you have any idea of how much dedication it takes to get 99 in say summoning in a week, I don't even think it's possible, unless you started off with tons in cash.

You're not making any sense. I never said the SLOWEST 99.

And why do you suddenly say you're not blaming others for not telling you about runescape. You just complained about not knowing about the game and it wasn't your fault because of that :thumbup: .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Anyways, KingJD, if you think that skills show how long you've been playing, then think again. It's possible to get a 99 within a week or two of just beginning if you are truly dedicated. However, some spend years of playing to get just 1 skill maxed. N0valyfe is a good example of this, he didn't even play for very long before reaching #1.

With the holiday items, it's a guaranteed thing that you have been playing since at least the day of that holiday item's release.

In terms of game hours, it shows. Sure, you can get a 99 within roughly 2 weeks, but you have to play like 12+ hours a day just doing that one skill. So lets say you do that, 12hrs x 2 weeks = 168 game hours (aka playing 1 week straight without logging off) I might spend 1 hour a day over the next 168 days training that same skill and get to 99. The first person who spent their whole day doing the skill is much *more* dedicated than I. But I've played longer than that player.

KingJD36.png

The point of them is to show how long you've played. If this happened they might aswell stop doing them...

I personally don't think that that is the point of holiday items, I think it's to let us have fun, and get something while doing it. Also, for those they will never repeat a reward, they already have, so thats been proven wrong, during the easter 2008 event easter eggs returned so.

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

In terms of game hours, it shows. Sure, you can get a 99 within roughly 2 weeks, but you have to play like 12+ hours a day just doing that one skill. So lets say you do that, 12hrs x 2 weeks = 168 game hours (aka playing 1 week straight without logging off) I might spend 1 hour a day over the next 168 days training that same skill and get to 99. The first person who spent their whole day doing the skill is much *more* dedicated than I. But I've played longer than that player.

No one cares how long you've been playing as long as you're wearing the cape. That's why 99s have nothing to do with the amount you play/how long you've been playing.

@ssm, what easter eggs?

TETsig.jpeg

You're not making any sense. I never said the SLOWEST 99.

And why do you suddenly say you're not blaming others for not telling you about runescape. You just complained about not knowing about the game and it wasn't your fault because of that :thumbup: .

I said I don't blame anyone, but it still isn't my fault, it's noone's fault really, just I don't know why I, and the others on my side who didn't get the items, have to be flamed for saying it.

power_ness.png

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

@ssm, what easter eggs?

See now you don't know something, anyway, they were originally dropped in 2002 like the pumpkins and christmas cracker and stuff, and then in easter 2008 event, they returned as a bonus after you completed event, you could get more chocolate for the bunny in return for another easter egg, there were 3 available.

power_ness.png

@ssm, what easter eggs?

See now you don't know something, anyway, they were originally dropped in 2002 like the pumpkins and christmas cracker and stuff, and then in easter 2008 event, they returned as a bonus after you completed event, you could get more chocolate for the bunny in return for another easter egg, there were 3 available.

Didn't they melt away?

TETsig.jpeg

I can't believe this thread has gone this long.

Jagex has said a billion times they will not redo holiday items, and not just the tradable drops, they've said the same for the untradables.

They are a sign that you have played that long, if you didn't play then, tough luck, its not fair but life isn't fair. I have yo-yo and on, but I really want scythe and bunny ears, do you see me complaining to jagex that I'm a noob who wants them? No. I understand that, and agree, they should never re do them. Holiday items are a gift for players who are playing at that time, and that's how the tradables were supposed to be until they were hoarded, hence why new ones aren't tradable.

All the suggesting won't get them to do crap imo, and trying to get them to is a lost cause. After people hoarding tradable rares, they got pissed about rares and aren't going to be nice with any rares now, and won't give out untradables from a while ago. Just get your items from now on, understand that you weren't here for the earlier ones, and live with it, there's no changing it.

And Ken, yes they did melt. Ever since the rubber chicken, at easter there were chocolate eggs that would melt away.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

The only thing I can agree on would be if Jagex can actively apply a timestamp to the account. What I mean is, I wasn't playing when the Bunny Ears/Scythe was dropped. I would kill to have a Scythe, but there is nothing I can do about it since I didn't even know the game existed back then. But the Halloween Event that had the Zombie Head is the one I missed. I had Real Life to deal with. I had to set aside the game for a bit to deal with some very real issues that threatened to pull my family apart. And I tried, believe me I tried to find a way to get on long enough to get the Zombie Head. But it didn't work out that way. And now, I have a gap in my Toy Box. It glares at me and I wish to god I could do something...ANYTHING to get it (HUGE fan of Zombies).

I have been around since the Yo Yo. But because I had to deal with something that prevented me from playing, I was denied the one thing I really wanted. And I never quit. I just had to stop playing for a bit. It haunts me everyday. And I hate looking into my Toy Box.

Again, I wish there was someway to have Jagex look back at the time of the creation of the account to help an older player pick up a missed event. I'm not asking for them to let me get the Bunny Ears/Scythe. To be fair, I wasn't playing then and the older players deserve that privilege. But I have been playing since. Which would still signify my "older" status.

@ssm, what easter eggs?

Didn't they melt away?

nah, see now you can't tell me I'm not informed of the runescape world...

The easter eggs could be eaten, and they were considered rare as well, even rarer tho, cause almost all of them are gone from eating.

power_ness.png

I can't believe this thread has gone this long.

Jagex has said a billion times they will not redo holiday items, and not just the tradable drops, they've said the same for the untradables.

They are a sign that you have played that long, if you didn't play then, tough luck, its not fair but life isn't fair. I have yo-yo and on, but I really want scythe and bunny ears, do you see me complaining to jagex that I'm a noob who wants them? No. I understand that, and agree, they should never re do them. Holiday items are a gift for players who are playing at that time, and that's how the tradables were supposed to be until they were hoarded, hence why new ones aren't tradable.

All the suggesting won't get them to do crap imo, and trying to get them to is a lost cause. After people hoarding tradable rares, they got pissed about rares and aren't going to be nice with any rares now, and won't give out untradables from a while ago. Just get your items from now on, understand that you weren't here for the earlier ones, and live with it, there's no changing it.

And Ken, yes they did melt. Ever since the rubber chicken, at easter there were chocolate eggs that would melt away.

Personally I'm amazed how long this has went too, I've asked 3 times for this topic to be locked. And not chocolate eggs, easter eggs, which can be eaten for 12hp.

power_ness.png

The only thing I can agree on would be if Jagex can actively apply a timestamp to the account. What I mean is, I wasn't playing when the Bunny Ears/Scythe was dropped. I would kill to have a Scythe, but there is nothing I can do about it since I didn't even know the game existed back then. But the Halloween Event that had the Zombie Head is the one I missed. I had Real Life to deal with. I had to set aside the game for a bit to deal with some very real issues that threatened to pull my family apart. And I tried, believe me I tried to find a way to get on long enough to get the Zombie Head. But it didn't work out that way. And now, I have a gap in my Toy Box. It glares at me and I wish to god I could do something...ANYTHING to get it (HUGE fan of Zombies).

I have been around since the Yo Yo. But because I had to deal with something that prevented me from playing, I was denied the one thing I really wanted. And I never quit. I just had to stop playing for a bit. It haunts me everyday. And I hate looking into my Toy Box.

Again, I wish there was someway to have Jagex look back at the time of the creation of the account to help an older player pick up a missed event. I'm not asking for them to let me get the Bunny Ears/Scythe. To be fair, I wasn't playing then and the older players deserve that privilege. But I have been playing since. Which would still signify my "older" status.

In that case, I was playing since before christmas 06, but I didn't understand which dungeon they wanted me to go in. and like me you didn't know the game existed back in the time of the scythe.

power_ness.png

ok bad idea i guess, but what about those who didn't even know runescape existed?

What on earth are you going on about?!

I only found out about runescape in 2006, and just the other day as i was training my range pure, I saw a guy who was lvl 8 and it was his first account, not a skiller either.This was about 2-3weeks ago... He missed like 16events, prolly cause he didnt even know about it.

BTW, sorry bout the big font, won't happen again.

Oh dear I dont have a yo-yo, my entire rs experience is ruined!!!

On a serious note: No way. Those items are meant to be a symbol of showing how long you played...tbh i see a scythe as cooler than a blue phat, because the latter could have been bought....oh btw shouldnt this be in suggestions?

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

oh btw shouldnt this be in suggestions?

IDK but if it should, I'm sorry that it isn't, it doesn't look like anyone else has noticed that yet so I don't know...

power_ness.png

One thing

[hide=]e46a11f81330.jpg[/hide]

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

Seriously, there a one time only event for a reason.

1.They so how long a player has been dedicated to Runescape.

2.The whole holiday event item market would crash.

3.Any level could have one of the most exspensive items in the game.

And finally.. 4.Its stupid, just a way for player's who can't be bothered to get money, to get a rare item.

Credit to Dalek403 (Sam) for this Sig

runekidysig2.png

JAGeX is never going to drop the same Holiday Item twice.

They dropped scythe twice and they gave Scary emote as a reward for completing halloween event in 2006 and 2007.

Scythes were never droped twice. They were just dropped for two days instead of one. The reason being, that when they were dropped the first time most players were not logged on in america.

Stellactic.gif

Someone said something about emotes...Umm, you can get all the emotes...(I got my ''Scared'' and ''Bunnyhop'' on my new character that wasn't originally around when they were given out the first time.

tip.it emote guide says:

The "scared" emote could only be obtained during the 2005 or 2006 Halloween event, the "rabbit hop" emote during the 2006, 2007, or 2008 Easter event, the "zombie hand" emote during the 2007 Halloween event, the Snowman Dance during the 2007 Christmas event, and the "Egg Transform" emote during the 2008 Easter Event.

As you can see, they've done repeats, and I don't see any reason why they should discontinue this practice (I really wish I could get them now since I tend not to play during these holiday times.... as evident by my lack of holiday emotes now..

KingJD36.png

Seriously, there a one time only event for a reason.

1.They so how long a player has been dedicated to Runescape.

2.The whole holiday event item market would crash.

3.Any level could have one of the most exspensive items in the game.

And finally.. 4.Its stupid, just a way for player's who can't be bothered to get money, to get a rare item.

rare items don't have emotes, most of th eholiday items i missed have an operate function.

power_ness.png

Someone said something about emotes...Umm, you can get all the emotes...(I got my ''Scared'' and ''Bunnyhop'' on my new character that wasn't originally around when they were given out the first time.

tip.it emote guide says:

The "scared" emote could only be obtained during the 2005 or 2006 Halloween event, the "rabbit hop" emote during the 2006, 2007, or 2008 Easter event, the "zombie hand" emote during the 2007 Halloween event, the Snowman Dance during the 2007 Christmas event, and the "Egg Transform" emote during the 2008 Easter Event.

As you can see, they've done repeats, and I don't see any reason why they should discontinue this practice (I really wish I could get them now since I tend not to play during these holiday times.... as evident by my lack of holiday emotes now..

egg transform? which one, the ring ro cape, either way it not emote, it a operate funciton as mnetionde in last post, and I wasn't here fo r06 halloween, but I got scared from 07, it happens eervy year, same for bunny hop, and sonwman dance prolly.

power_ness.png

I disagree with what you are saying I feel your pain. I have been playing since the Rubber Chicken Event but the first event I actually did was the Haloween event where the Skeleton Costume was the reward :shock:

Mainly because of being to nooby to understand at the time or qutting while all the other events had been done.

I disagree with what you are saying I feel your pain. I have been playing since the Rubber Chicken Event but the first event I actually did was the Haloween event where the Skeleton Costume was the reward :shock:

Mainly because of being to nooby to understand at the time or qutting while all the other events had been done.

Ok, can you explain? I don't how you "disagree with what I'm saying" and "feel my pain"

And I have to ask, how did such a flamed topic become popular in a day?

power_ness.png