Holiday Event Items, please come back.

ssbmbeliever

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is for those who want old holiday items to come back.

In my case, I missed Christmas 2006 and back.

Maybe jagex will look at this and think, "maybe this guy's got a point," maybe they'll just look and say, "oh no, not another one of these guys." Personally IDC, but I would love to be able to get items from before my knowledge of runescape.

Maybe they could make the event harder than the original.

I mean, why spend all that time planning code for the events only to have it last 2weeks and then be destroyed.

Please jagex, if you read this, do something.

Also, maybe if we get enough people posting this on runescape forums, they'll get a better idea of how many people want this. Because it seems they've been listening, I think this just might work.

Take for example those that have been playing since classic, they spend 5years, and get all those holiday items, then they get banned. So what was all of that for?

This update could help anyone and everyone.

Uh, no. You're a moron for finding it unfair to begin with. You weren't playing, tough crap. Jesus. Immature child....

[English translation needed]

[hide=losts of posts.]

The only thing I can agree on would be if Jagex can actively apply a timestamp to the account. What I mean is, I wasn't playing when the Bunny Ears/Scythe was dropped. I would kill to have a Scythe, but there is nothing I can do about it since I didn't even know the game existed back then. But the Halloween Event that had the Zombie Head is the one I missed. I had Real Life to deal with. I had to set aside the game for a bit to deal with some very real issues that threatened to pull my family apart. And I tried, believe me I tried to find a way to get on long enough to get the Zombie Head. But it didn't work out that way. And now, I have a gap in my Toy Box. It glares at me and I wish to god I could do something...ANYTHING to get it (HUGE fan of Zombies).

I have been around since the Yo Yo. But because I had to deal with something that prevented me from playing, I was denied the one thing I really wanted. And I never quit. I just had to stop playing for a bit. It haunts me everyday. And I hate looking into my Toy Box.

Again, I wish there was someway to have Jagex look back at the time of the creation of the account to help an older player pick up a missed event. I'm not asking for them to let me get the Bunny Ears/Scythe. To be fair, I wasn't playing then and the older players deserve that privilege. But I have been playing since. Which would still signify my "older" status.

In that case, I was playing since before christmas 06, but I didn't understand which dungeon they wanted me to go in. and like me you didn't know the game existed back in the time of the scythe.

I can't believe this thread has gone this long.

Jagex has said a billion times they will not redo holiday items, and not just the tradable drops, they've said the same for the untradables.

They are a sign that you have played that long, if you didn't play then, tough luck, its not fair but life isn't fair. I have yo-yo and on, but I really want scythe and bunny ears, do you see me complaining to jagex that I'm a noob who wants them? No. I understand that, and agree, they should never re do them. Holiday items are a gift for players who are playing at that time, and that's how the tradables were supposed to be until they were hoarded, hence why new ones aren't tradable.

All the suggesting won't get them to do crap imo, and trying to get them to is a lost cause. After people hoarding tradable rares, they got pissed about rares and aren't going to be nice with any rares now, and won't give out untradables from a while ago. Just get your items from now on, understand that you weren't here for the earlier ones, and live with it, there's no changing it.

And Ken, yes they did melt. Ever since the rubber chicken, at easter there were chocolate eggs that would melt away.

Personally I'm amazed how long this has went too, I've asked 3 times for this topic to be locked. And not chocolate eggs, easter eggs, which can be eaten for 12hp.

@ssm, what easter eggs?

See now you don't know something, anyway, they were originally dropped in 2002 like the pumpkins and christmas cracker and stuff, and then in easter 2008 event, they returned as a bonus after you completed event, you could get more chocolate for the bunny in return for another easter egg, there were 3 available.

Didn't they melt away?

nah, see now you can't tell me I'm not informed of the runescape world...

The easter eggs could be eaten, and they were considered rare as well, even rarer tho, cause almost all of them are gone from eating.

[/hide]

You don't need to post a new post after EVERY new quote you make, just copy the quote code and edit your first post...

Anyway... No this is a bad idea, as many have said, because life isn't fair. You didn't play to be able to get the old event rewards? tough luck. So did thousands of others.

Btw, better grammar in your posts would help.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

i lost all my 2001-2006 items when my first acc got banned and i dont care...why should you? lol, i dont even do some of the events these days, i didnt do the chicken suit one,and the egg cape or w/e came out after i quit.

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

i lost all my 2001-2006 items when my first acc got banned and i dont care...why should you? lol, i dont even do some of the events these days, i didnt do the chicken suit one,and the egg cape or w/e came out after i quit.

Cos your winner.

ITT: Whiny newbie complains about pre-him holiday items.

Runescape is a lot more accomodating than other MMORPGS when it comes to holiday items.

In Tabula Rasa, another MMO I play, preorders gained exclusive emotes, two exclusive pets, and exclusive halloween masks. People with the collectors edition get an exclusive pet and a few emotes. On top of that, the game has a veteran system that rewards new pets/clothes/emotes to players the more months their account has been active. Then there was an event on the public test server that rewarded players black paint on their regular server accounts, the rarest armor paint in the game because it can't be reproduced. If you didn't meet any of these deadlines, oh well for you. Nobody complains about it on Tabula Rasa though.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

in my opinon and to my guess droping more holiday items.:santa hat,h'ween masks,christmas cracker,phat...would destroy the perpose of droping them, which is to celibrate the holidays and gifts for those who have been playing runescape. if the original owners of them wish to give them away they have the right to. so no i am sorry they will not come back.reply to my post if you please

~Mithruler1~

bf795a1a72.png

MSSW4TI.png

MSSW4Banner.gif

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

CLICK! CLICK!

@ssm, what easter eggs?

See now you don't know something, anyway, they were originally dropped in 2002 like the pumpkins and christmas cracker and stuff, and then in easter 2008 event, they returned as a bonus after you completed event, you could get more chocolate for the bunny in return for another easter egg, there were 3 available.

Didn't they melt away?

nah, see now you can't tell me I'm not informed of the runescape world...

The easter eggs could be eaten, and they were considered rare as well, even rarer tho, cause almost all of them are gone from eating.

Something I need to clear up here. The original easter eggs are different to the recent easter eggs.

The original ones were dropped in 2002 as (I believe) the first holiday event, and are tradable today, and a worth quite a bit of money. The eggs you are thinking of are not the same. They are untradable, look completely different and are a completely different item. They also turned into "chocolate dust" once the event was over. These recent eggs were also given out in '06 ot '07 when you had to give out Easter eggs to other players for the bunny (great event by the way, people actually giving holiday presents to each other rather than calling each other noobs was a beautiful thing). So yeah, 2 different items. One worth a lot and given out in RS1, one given out recently and has no real value as no account will legally have one in it.

JAGeX is never going to drop the same Holiday Item twice.

They dropped scythe twice and they gave Scary emote as a reward for completing halloween event in 2006 and 2007.

Scythes were never droped twice. They were just dropped for two days instead of one. The reason being, that when they were dropped the first time most players were not logged on in america.

Yes I believe what happened here was that the drops were done on the one day by the Jagex employees and a lot of Americans ended up missing out, leading Jagex to be barraged by whining. They redid the event for the first time ever, but it upset them how people were acting over what was support to be a fun event so they did not do anything for any holiday until christmas 2004, over a year.

Just a little RS history and clearing up of things in case anyone's interested :P

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

in my opinon and to my guess droping more holiday items.:santa hat,h'ween masks,christmas cracker,phat...would destroy the perpose of droping them, which is to celibrate the holidays and gifts for those who have been playing runescape. if the original owners of them wish to give them away they have the right to. so no i am sorry they will not come back.reply to my post if you please

Every item is not in the list I'm talking about.

here a list:

[hide=The Items I mean.]

• Yo-yo

skeleton suit

jack-o-lantern

puppet

hat and scarf

rubber chicken

zombie head

easter ring

wintumber tree, though for mems

reindeer hat

all the ones following reindeer (c2006) I got, but they're included.

[/hide]

Also KingJD, to prove that you can get those emotes:

• bunny hop - "this emote can be unlocked by playing an easter seasonal event."

snowman - "this emote can be unlocked by playing a christmas seasonal event."

scared - "this emote can be unlocked by playing a halloween seasonal event."

just click on a locked emote to see how to unlock

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

plus, the holiday items are untradeable, so except to have a bit of fun, what harm does it do anyone else

In which case I want an untradeable White Partyhat, it's untradeable so what harm does it do to anyone else? And yes it would "harm" me if Jagex dropped the Bunny Ears again, I spent over 5 hours at Easter 2003 on Runescape, running around the world going to the places where people had said they got their ears from until I finally saw the "Happy Easter!" system message from Jagex. I even had to risk getting Pked with all my best items on me as the only ears that hadn't been picked up were in Edgeville low level wilderness near a bunch of pures that could have 3 hit me.

Those Bunny Ears mean a hell of a lot to me and I the only time I take them off is for combat or minigames that I can't wear them in, they contain the last few remaining memories I have of RS1. Call me selfish, but there is no way I ever want to see them given out again to a bunch of rude newbies that expect everything for nothing, so they can run around pretending they were at the original drop in 2003.

And regarding your PM, in this topic there has been ONE person that has agreed with your idea, yet you still believe that the other 99% of people are completely wrong because 1 person agrees with you.

blazesigbq9.jpg

The point of them is to show how long you've played. If this happened they might aswell stop doing them...

I personally don't think that that is the point of holiday items, I think it's to let us have fun, and get something while doing it. Also, for those they will never repeat a reward, they already have, so thats been proven wrong, during the easter 2008 event easter eggs returned so.

Jagex stated that it's the reason they are in the game. They may add a little fun but that's the point of them...

Anyways i have a yoyo and rubber chicken so i gud wind peeps that duno what they r up :D

JAGeX is never going to drop the same Holiday Item twice. If they did, then their sedimentary value (is that how you spell it??) would diminish, and they would hardly be special any more.

Sedimentary is a type of rock. I believe the word you're looking for is sentimental.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

5 pages? this should haved killed the thread then and there,

3 Things

1.No

2.No

3.Hell no

Theres multiple reasons to support that arguement but most appear to have been exhausted in this thread,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Every item is not in the list I'm talking about.

here a list:

[hide=The Items I mean.]

• Yo-yo

skeleton suit

jack-o-lantern

puppet

hat and scarf

rubber chicken

zombie head

easter ring

wintumber tree, though for mems

reindeer hat

all the ones following reindeer (c2006) I got, but they're included.

[/hide]

Also KingJD, to prove that you can get those emotes:

• bunny hop - "this emote can be unlocked by playing an easter seasonal event."

snowman - "this emote can be unlocked by playing a christmas seasonal event."

scared - "this emote can be unlocked by playing a halloween seasonal event."

just click on a locked emote to see how to unlock

well i was only giving a few of the items :/

~Mithruler1~

bf795a1a72.png

MSSW4TI.png

MSSW4Banner.gif

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

CLICK! CLICK!

Back on page 2 of this I mentioned I wanted a Sycthe...

I wasn't saying Jagex should give me a Sycthe or anyone else one, if they did that it would just become another item and it would totally loose its appeal for me then I wouldn't want one, I didn't start playing this til November 2006 though...

I guess I should of said "I wish I was around to get a Scythe"...

Avid43.png

Back on page 2 of this I mentioned I wanted a Sycthe...

I wasn't saying Jagex should give me a Sycthe or anyone else one, if they did that it would just become another item and it would totally loose its appeal for me then I wouldn't want one, I didn't start playing this til November 2006 though...

I guess I should of said "I wish I was around to get a Scythe"...

OK.

In which case I want an untradeable White Partyhat, it's untradeable so what harm does it do to anyone else? And yes it would "harm" me if Jagex dropped the Bunny Ears again, I spent over 5 hours at Easter 2003 on Runescape, running around the world going to the places where people had said they got their ears from until I finally saw the "Happy Easter!" system message from Jagex. I even had to risk getting Pked with all my best items on me as the only ears that hadn't been picked up were in Edgeville low level wilderness near a bunch of pures that could have 3 hit me.

Those Bunny Ears mean a hell of a lot to me and I the only time I take them off is for combat or minigames that I can't wear them in, they contain the last few remaining memories I have of RS1. Call me selfish, but there is no way I ever want to see them given out again to a bunch of rude newbies that expect everything for nothing, so they can run around pretending they were at the original drop in 2003.

And regarding your PM, in this topic there has been ONE person that has agreed with your idea, yet you still believe that the other 99% of people are completely wrong because 1 person agrees with you.

I don't think that anyone here is wrong, I've realized this isn't gonna happen, but until a mod comes and locks this I am gonna do my best to keep up my side.

And again, none of the items dropped are in my list. Only the ones you had to do a set event for are included, and stated in the opening post I was saying that for the repeat event JAGEX could make the event twice as long maybe. Or something in that sort. Making it so that the original people still had an advantage.

power_ness.png

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

I don't understand why everyone thinks having holiday items is such a big deal? I have scythe/bunnyears and I think every other non-tradeable holiday item spread over accounts and I never wear or use any of them, you don't gain anything from wearing bunny ears, just a bunch of noobs saying "can i buy ure hat?" and none of them have any practical functions.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

I don't understand why everyone thinks having holiday items is such a big deal? I have scythe/bunnyears and I think every other non-tradeable holiday item spread over accounts and I never wear or use any of them, you don't gain anything from wearing bunny ears, just a bunch of noobs saying "can i buy ure hat?" and none of them have any practical functions.

The grass is always greener.

To this day, I'm still angry my first account with a yo-yo got hacked and I no longer have that holiday item. But in reality, I would never even play with it today.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

The point of the matter is, sometimes it's nice to take out your holiday items and do a few item specific emotes (by operating it.) and again I care nothing for the dropped items.

power_ness.png

If your only excuse for wanting these items is that you didn't know about the game, then tough luck really. I don't have most of the older items too, but it really would be unfair to those who got the original. Also ssbmbeliever, it is very frustrating to read your posts because it seems like you keep completely missing the point people are trying to make.

No. This has been discussed before. The only possible way this could happen is release the items in different color schemes, and we know Jagex isn't going to do that because it's going to make all the people who got the originals angry anyway. You don't see me crying because I don't have bunny ears, a scythe, a zombie head, a party hat, or a santa hat, do you? THOSE ARE THE ONLY HOLIDAY ITEMS I DON'T HAVE AND I DON'T CARE THAT I DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!

To be honest, I think this thread is completely idiotic. As many people have already said, if you missed a holiday drop, tough luck. I'm not even going to go into re-dropping tradable rares, because that would cause a ridiculous market crash and people who own the rares would complain beyond heck. Moving onto untradable rares, that would really piss me off if Jagex did that. I have a yoyo, and I was lucky enough to stumble into Falador in December of 2004 at the right time as a young noob. I missed a few holiday drops, including the rubber chicken, but do you see me complaining? No! Sure, I was a little disappointed, but there's nothing I can do about it. I really think you need a reality check. The world doesn't just revolve around you.

Edit: And responding to Ssmbeliever's last post, the reason that it's nice to play with the holiday items is the satisfaction of knowing that not every Joe and his dog has one.

Alex_Lei1993.png

No. This has been discussed before. The only possible way this could happen is release the items in different color schemes, and we know Jagex isn't going to do that because it's going to make all the people who got the originals angry anyway. You don't see me crying because I don't have bunny ears, a scythe, a zombie head, a party hat, or a santa hat, do you? THOSE ARE THE ONLY HOLIDAY ITEMS I DON'T HAVE AND I DON'T CARE THAT I DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!

again, I don't care about the items you mentioned.

power_ness.png

Edit: And responding to Ssmbeliever's last post, the reason that it's nice to play with the holiday items is the satisfaction of knowing that not every Joe and his dog has one.

Not for me, I see people who are like where do you get snow globe, and i wish they had been able to make the event, cause it funner when you can hang in a huge party of fiernds, all of whom have say a yoyo, if that's how you think, then you're a self-conceited pig. no offence.

power_ness.png

again, I don't care about the items you mentioned.

Then your topic is pointless, you originally meant all holiday items.