Holiday Event Items, please come back.

ssbmbeliever

its called a holiday 2006 item for a reason 2006 if u weren't that for it to bad. then every one that has bunny ears wont get respected for there length of playing because every one would have them.

Keessig.jpg

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

click for teh bloggy.

ty to swaggeh for sig!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye i know all of this.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think he meant it the way you read it. Each one of us all wants a Holiday item back, but we all know that we cannot have one again. And why would his Combat level have anything to do with that anyway?

Hi combat says that even people who are in no way noobs such as level102s, not that there aren't high-leveled noobs, agree that it would be nice to get back old holiday items.

I guess we can lock this, anyone here a mod?

:boohoo: :boohoo: goodbye topic :boohoo: :boohoo:

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

Sorry, but I'm also going to say no. Since the day Bunny Ears were dropped I've made sure that I've been on RS at every single holiday event, even though apart from 1 month of members each year I haven't played for years. Heck, Christmas 2006 I had no internet (just moved house) and got a lift to an internet cafe 15 miles away so that I didn't miss the holiday event, because I enjoy them so much.

Do you really think it'd be fair after all that for Jagex to turn around and say "Here you go guys, have some Bunny Ears because you weren't around to get them when they dropped 5 years ago"? They are basically a thank you gift for supporting Runescape over the years, and the older gifts show just how long you've been supporting RS for.

As for the lvl 102 supporting, that means nothing. I've seen people who have got a higher total level in a year of RS than I have got in over 5 years. If that person had been around since the first untradeable drops and supported you, then it would mean something.

blazesigbq9.jpg

I still cannot see which point you are coming across though. You keep talking about new players and events. Why would they need to know about them anyway? If they played for long enough then they would encounter their first event and not think twice about previous items. And besides, most people who join RuneScape usually do a bit of research before they play so they understand everything and how it ticks.

It kinda disheartening to see someone with a yo-yo longing to have that item and knowing you can't, yes that is the main item I want. And for the second bolded part; I know they do, I was saying they had no knowledge of it's existence at the time of the good events, I am glad for this year's christmas though.

Also i've done every event I knew of, which is all since christmas 2006, I just didn't get that one because I didn't understand where the dungeon was.

Damned Jagex not making things blatently obvious!

Oh wait..

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

They are basically a thank you gift for supporting Runescape over the years, and the older gifts show just how long you've been supporting RS for.

I would've supported runescape from the first day it came out, but noone even told me about it.

Also, why is noone locking this, haven't I made it clear I get that it won't happen. though I'm not happy about that. =(. lock the topic already.

power_ness.png

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Time to clear the confusion.

Oh and erm... ssbmbeliever, you're starting to sound like they really must reincorparate holiday items. You are arguing against every post (probably all of them).

I missed my easter ring in 2006, having started in 2005 december. (just missed it) Did i feel pissed? Sure.

But too bad. Jagex owes nobody nothing. Not even pking. What are they gonna do, change all their one-time-you-miss-it-you-lose-out policy just for you?

Am I going to rant out that jagex owes me every single item there is? Why not just drop phats, crackers?

I'm sort of confused by this, but I think it would be a good idea to let those people who had been playing a long time, but missed holiday events to get the (nontradable, so no getting free partyhats) items that they had missed, from bunny ears onwards. I agree, however that it is fair not to allow someone who has just started to get these items, as they were not around since the items were dropped.

Although I suppose I'm biased..... (missed scythe+bunny ears, although I started playing before they were dropped. *Wishes he had read the news more then*)

[hide=quotes]

You are like a three legged cat. Everyone hates you and thinks you are ugly until, one day, they realize that you're cuter than all of the other cats. And you're fluffy too. I'm so glad I petted you.

I've always wondered: If there's offensive language, than there should be Defensive Language. But I've never encountered it. If it does exist, what would it entail? Being painstakingly polite in such a manner that infuriates another?
[/hide]sudokupsycho.png

I would love to get a chance to get every holiday item until now, but that won't happen. It's no idea to post this, because Jagex will never do something like this. Sorry, but that is how RS works. And we all have to accept it, even I, who would love to have those bunny ears or that rubber chicken...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Ima go and update my SIG after this, but all those saying I'm arguing every point, yes I am. But I want this topic to be locked so I don't try.

power_ness.png

Won't happen. They're kinda proof of age of your account and they don't enhance your account in any way.

what does this have to do with holiday events?

power_ness.png

I wish I could get the holiday emotes that I missed out on. I got all the drops and stuff, but never the emotes.

I think it would be nice for them to have a new holiday event each year in addition to the ones they previously designed. They aren't tradable anyways, it doesn't impact how others play the game at all. I just want my character to be able to do a couple more dances or something. (I hate having them grayed out, I've done every quest, every achievement, and I have every emote except for the holiday ones. :wall: )

No need to flame the guy for being wishful that he could get these items. They're 'worth' nothing. I haven't seen anyone wear their bunny ears, or a scythe, or a yoyo in ages. Mine sit quietly stored in my house because they just take up bank space otherwise.

I think an opportunity to redo these events since they started doing untradables/emote rewards would be excellent every holiday season.

KingJD36.png

I wish I could get the holiday emotes that I missed out on. I got all the drops and stuff, but never the emotes.

I think it would be nice for them to have a new holiday event each year in addition to the ones they previously designed. They aren't tradable anyways, it doesn't impact how others play the game at all. I just want my character to be able to do a couple more dances or something. (I hate having them grayed out, I've done every quest, every achievement, and I have every emote except for the holiday ones. :wall: )

No need to flame the guy for being wishful that he could get these items. They're 'worth' nothing. I haven't seen anyone wear their bunny ears, or a scythe, or a yoyo in ages. Mine sit quietly stored in my house because they just take up bank space otherwise.

I think an opportunity to redo these events since they started doing untradables/emote rewards would be excellent every holiday season.

thank you...

and ShadowDark, was this the kind of person you were talking about?

power_ness.png

thank you...

What would be the point of having the events every year then? You have to see it from the perspective of those who actually logged on during an inconvenience to do these events. And it does impact the game for other players. I don't think it's fair if a level 3 is walking around with a scythe that he found yesterday when he started playing. Having these items shows your true dedication to runescape and how you were with them from the beginning.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

thank you...

What would be the point of having the events every year then? You have to see it from the perspective of those who actually logged on during an inconvenience to do these events. And it does impact the game for other players. I don't think it's fair if a level 3 is walking around with a scythe that he found yesterday when he started playing. Having these items shows your true dedication to runescape and how you were with them from the beginning.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

I would've been loyal to runescape from the first day it was created, but noone told me, I had to find out at the library from watching another guy play, so how is it my fault that I didn't know? how is it my fault that I missed the events?

power_ness.png

It's your fault you missed the event! Where does it say that anyone's obligated to tell you about runescape? It's your fault for not asking around!

I'm mad because no one told me when the Eiffel Tower was being built, so it must be their fault I missed the unveiling. Take some responsibility for yourself instead of blaming others.

TETsig.jpeg

It's your fault you missed the event! Where does it say that anyone's obligated to tell you about runescape? It's your fault for not asking around!

I'm mad because no one told me when the Eiffel Tower was being built, so it must be their fault I missed the unveiling. Take some responsibility for yourself instead of blaming others.

qft :thumbup:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

What would be the point of having the events every year then?

Because they're special holiday events that only happen 2 weeks out of the year every year? Something for the players to enjoy the game more? Add some variety to RuneScape?

You have to see it from the perspective of those who actually logged on during an inconvenience to do these events.
Were you really "inconvenienced" to log on from the 25th of December to the 10th of January? You're acting like you didn't want to play during the time frame that they have the events for, but these rewards "forced" you to. I'm guessing you probably log on almost every day. If you only play a little bit, you probably login at least once a week.

And it does impact the game for other players. I don't think it's fair if a level 3 is walking around with a scythe that he found yesterday when he started playing. Having these items shows your true dedication to runescape and how you were with them from the beginning.
I think your total level / combat level is a pretty obvious show of your "dedication" to runescape. Do you really feel a need to prove to someone that you've played longer than them?

Personally, I could care less and I've been playing since before Masks and Santa Hats were dropped. (off and on)

KingJD36.png

Thanks again...

Glad I have someone on my side.

And for everyone else, I even did the holiday events when I had been off for months on end, then went back off after, mainly cause I was bored, but for this reason did I come on. To get an item that obviously, even as I wrote this post, I wouldn't ever get the chance to get again.

And I didn't say it was anyone's obligation to tell me about runescape, I didn't even know what a MMORPG was before this, so I missed alot of stuff, plus, the holiday items are untradeable, so except to have a bit of fun, what harm does it do anyone else. Also a lvl3 with a scythe, may be rare but not impossible, have you ever heard the word skiller?

power_ness.png

ssbm, you don't have to thank someone every time they defend you...

Anyways, KingJD, if you think that skills show how long you've been playing, then think again. It's possible to get a 99 within a week or two of just beginning if you are truly dedicated. However, some spend years of playing to get just 1 skill maxed. N0valyfe is a good example of this, he didn't even play for very long before reaching #1.

With the holiday items, it's a guaranteed thing that you have been playing since at least the day of that holiday item's release.

TETsig.jpeg

ssbm, you don't have to thank someone every time they defend you...

Anyways, KingJD, if you think that skills show how long you've been playing, then think again. It's possible to get a 99 within a week or two of just beginning if you are truly dedicated. However, some spend years of playing to get just 1 skill maxed. N0valyfe is a good example of this, he didn't even play for very long before reaching #1.

With the holiday items, it's a guaranteed thing that you have been playing since at least the day of that holiday item's release.

For one, he said skills show dedication, which was the point of what you were saying before, and do you have any idea of how much dedication it takes to get 99 in say summoning in a week, I don't even think it's possible, unless you started off with tons in cash.

And on your side now, even if it only your knowledge of runescape that determines your playing length I have more than most of the f2p world, and even a bit of the p2p world, even tho I've never been. Also KingJd, about your first comment here, why not just destroy your holiday items instead of storing at house? you can just get back from diango anyway. If you want space I mean.

power_ness.png