Dragon Scimmy vs. Longsword?

funion987

Ahhh i can almost bet you this is going to turn into a flame war sooner or later, for some reason people hate all d cimi vs d long threads...

OT 90% of the people will tell you d scimi is better... id rather say use what you enjoy more...

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

You'll love see the high numbers of the dscim. Quest is annoying to do, but so worth it.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

You'll love see the high numbers of the dscim. Quest is annoying to do, but so worth it.

The dragon long hits higher. It's slower though, so the d scim is better for training. Use a dds to spec.

2dvjurb.png

Both are horrible tbh

Get a sara sword, or if thats to expensive, you should use obby sword with berserker necklace, on lunge for str training

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

The reason I ask is because I haven't done the quest yet and I'm wondering if it is really worth it. I'm on the puzzle section and frankly I don't care to do it (I'm really bad at those), and if I pay, that adds another 200k to the cost of the scimmy, essentially. I am happy with the longsword, I like it, I am just wondering if a scmimmy is a lot better, and if I would benefit from the switch.

acheron.jpg

The reason I ask is because I haven't done the quest yet and I'm wondering if it is really worth it. I'm on the puzzle section and frankly I don't care to do it (I'm really bad at those), and if I pay, that adds another 200k to the cost of the scimmy, essentially. I am happy with the longsword, I like it, I am just wondering if a scmimmy is a lot better, and if I would benefit from the switch.

The quest gets you combat xp too. You'd get 35k xp/hour if you complete the quest in 3 hours, which is quite possible. Just do it.

2dvjurb.png

Both are horrible tbh

Get a sara sword, or if thats to expensive, you should use obby sword with berserker necklace, on lunge for str training

They aren't horrible. Scimitar is better than the long, so go with that

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

the same question can be asked for rune scim vs. rune long...if you find the rune scim better you will prefer the d scim too and vice versa so just ask yourself which weapon is more commonly used...d long would be for power and scim for speed but personally i feel that the extra speed > extra power

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

The scim deals more damage per second. Period. The only exception is if you're fighting something with high defense that is weak against stab, like metal dragons. This is because the scim doesn't do so well at stab.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yep, "personal opinions" do not count here, its a matter of raw damage output. If seeing bigger white numbers inside of the red splotches is worth less XP for you, go for the longsword. For everyone else who wants faster XP, use the scimmy. Unless, as mentioned, your attacking metal drags with stab. I'm still unconvinced that that's actually better, but I haven't done tests so I can't argue :?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yep, "personal opinions" do not count here, its a matter of raw damage output. If seeing bigger white numbers inside of the red splotches is worth less XP for you, go for the longsword. For everyone else who wants faster XP, use the scimmy. Unless, as mentioned, your attacking metal drags with stab. I'm still unconvinced that that's actually better, but I haven't done tests so I can't argue :?

For the record the whip beats both, but I do see a significant accuracy boost with the long over the scim.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

the same question can be asked for rune scim vs. rune long...if you find the rune scim better you will prefer the d scim too and vice versa so just ask yourself which weapon is more commonly used...d long would be for power and scim for speed but personally i feel that the extra speed > extra power

Opinion? Whether or not speed>power or vice versa should not be affected by your personal opinion, unless you are an idiot.

D scimmy is better for most situations, anyway. The exception is metal dragons, where the dragon longsword has an advantage because it has a stab option.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: