going for 99 fm

snowball

I like that inferno adze, so i am going to try to get a high firemaking. and because 92 is halfway there, I may as well get a skillcape, right? Im in school, so I don't play much, but when I do, I will likely be woodcutting, firemaking, or hunting.

My question in what is the best way to get 99 firemaking? Should I buy lots of willows and burn them all? Should I Do the highest level logs i can? Should I get the firemaking ring from all fired up first? Or should I use mtk and wait it out? I just want to know a relatively fast (a few months, a few minutes/hours a day) and not costly way to do it.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

I like that inferno adze, so i am going to try to get a high firemaking. and because 92 is halfway there, I may as well get a skillcape, right? Im in school, so I don't play much, but when I do, I will likely be woodcutting, firemaking, or hunting.

My question in what is the best way to get 99 firemaking? Should I buy lots of willows and burn them all? Should I Do the highest level logs i can? Should I get the firemaking ring from all fired up first? Or should I use mtk and wait it out? I just want to know a relatively fast (a few months, a few minutes/hours a day) and not costly way to do it.

I cannot answer about the new Fire Making rewards, but I can say that you are going to be far better off using Maple Logs then Willows. It is worth spending a bit more on logs, because you can drastically cut back the time it takes to get 99 Fire Making.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I'd recommend getting your maples from your kingdom. Its an easy way to get 500 or more maples a day, and the seeds and nests should at least allow you to break even or even still generate a profit from your kingdom. Unless you have an extremely high level of tolerance for doing the same thing over and over then I would recommend not letting your maples accumulate in your bank too much. Burn small batches constantly to avoid boredom. I find after burning 1000 or so logs that I've had enough. Don't forget about summoning pyre fiends or the new Quest rewards.

I just want to know a relatively fast (a few months, a few minutes/hours a day) and not costly way to do it.

Fast and non-costly do not exist for the most part in this game.

Please note: I did not take into consideration with the following calculations any added exp bonus' with the new quest

You are either looking at:

-143k willow logs (extremely long) for dirt cheap. Roughly 143 hours of solid burning.

-95k maples (a bit more expensive but less time consuming) probably the best bang for your buck. Roughly 95 hours of solid burning.

-63k Yews (It's 63k logs from 60-99 ) Very expensive only worth it if you can make alot of gp/hour. Roughly 63 hours of solid burning.

-38k Magics (It's 38k logs from 75-99) Most expensive probably not worth it unless you really want 99 fm fast no matter the cost. Roughly 38 hours of solid burning.

Cost wise for each method you are looking at:

-143k willow logs @ 18 gp each = 2,574,000 total gp (2.574m)

-95k Maple logs @ 41 gp each = 3,895,000 total gp (3.895m)

[To get to level 60 for yews]

*1.9k willow logs @ 18 gp each = 34,200 total gp (34.2k)

*1.3k maple logs @ 41 gp each = 53,300 total gp (53.3k)

-63k Yew Logs @ 416 gp each = 26,208,000 total gp (26.2m) + (34.2k) or (53.2k) [whichever you used to get to 60]

[To get to level 75 for magics]

*12.3k Willow logs @ 18 gp each = 221,400 total gp (221.4k)

*8.2k Maple logs @ 41 gp each = 336,200 total gp (336.2k)

*4.6k Yew logs @ 416 gp each = 1,913,600 total gp (1.9m) + (34.2k) or (53.3k) to get go 60

-38k Magic logs @ 1,260 gp each = 47,880,000 total gp (47.8m) + (221.4k) or (336.2k) or (1.9m) [whichever you used to get to 75]

-------------------------

Thats pretty much all you're looking at. I am positive my numbers are correct and concurrent with GE prices of today (August 26th, 2008) if not let me know. I realize I didn't have to type it all out but I had some time to burn (no pun intended) so I just went for it.

In short, maples will probably be the best of what you are looking for, myself personally I would probably do a bit of magics and finish off with yews just because I have some spare money and I would not want to spend 90+ hours or even 60+ hours burning logs. The cape is sweet looking though, so good luck.

Apparently, my signature was to big.