Rune defender

vettro

I'm currently working on getting a rune defender. I've already used more than 300 hundred tokens and only got a bronze one. And I do know that you need to go back out of the doors and talk to the lady so she sends out the ones with the next set of defenders. After a while I'm still on bronze. :( Is it supposed to take this long? A time estimate maybe?

Thanks.

vettro.png

It's all based on luck, and how fast you kill the cyclops'. Just get yourself ~1000 tokens, and take it from there.. Shouldn't be too long. Although it did take me somewhere around 2,000 tokens for 2 Rune Defenders.

That sounds about right to me too. As an example, here are my results. Keep in mind that it is very random and results vary quite a bit.

100 Bronze

190 Iron (290 total)

290 Steel (580 total)

690 Black (1,270 total)

580 Mithril (1,850 total)

160 Adamant (2,010 total)

40 Rune (2,050 total)

2050 total + another 370 to get a 2nd rune.

Don't forget to get another rune defender while you are there -- I got four extra..just in case. At the very least, save the adamant defender so that if you die with your rune defender you won't have to start all over.

runescapebunny.png

I brought a wealth with myself just to see if it works. I don't know if has any effect, but give it a try?

Also, make sure you get 2 rune defenders before you leave. I threw out my old defenders with just 1 rune defender and died a while back. I had to get all of them AGAIN. :roll: Lol, don't put yourself in that position. ;)

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

A little update here. After another 500+ tokens. Still on bronze defender. I've gotten as many half keys as defenders. ;) Is it really supposed to take this long? Is it a waste of my time? How good is it anyway?

vettro.png

A little update here. After another 500+ tokens. Still on bronze defender. I've gotten as many half keys and defenders. ;) Is it really supposed to take this long? Is it a waste of my time? How good is it anyway?

The stats on a Rune Defender I think are something to the range of +20 Slash and +5 Strength. Honestly, I would say if you're willing to invest, just buy the Obsidian Shield. It may have less Defense then a Rune Kiteshield, however it's still more defense by a long shot over the Rune Defender, and you still get the +5 Strength.

Ironically, I did this myself a little while ago (I have 11 Rune Defenders banked), and I noticed that somehow, I actually seemed to be hitting more often. It might've been a fluke, but still.

I lucked and got my Bronze Defender on my first kill. As everyone said, it's totally random. I'd recommend investing in two sets of Mithril Armor (one to use, and one incase the pieces break, but they don't very often) and use the Armor Generator thingermabober on the ground floor. You get 25 tokens per kill, and it dies fairly easily if you have enough defense. I'd estimate that my Rune Defender took around 1500-2000 Tokens, and the other 10 Rune Defenders came within about another 1000.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Ring of Wealth works wonders here. I got my first rune defender in only 670 tokens. I kid you not. It never took me more than 200 tokens to get the next level defender. After getting black defender I only had to kill 2 cyclopses to get the mithril one. It all boils down to luck in the end and the ring of wealth will definitely help cut down on the time it takes to get a rune defender.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Ring of Wealth works wonders here. I got my first rune defender in only 670 tokens. I kid you not. It never took me more than 200 tokens to get the next level defender. After getting black defender I only had to kill 2 cyclopses to get the mithril one. It all boils down to luck in the end and the ring of wealth will definitely help cut down on the time it takes to get a rune defender.

Well I hear that it works better without it, the RoW helps brings better drops but I don't think this affects the defenders. Still its all based on luck.

The rune defender is worth it, it looks cool and is efficent for training. After you get your first one make sure to get a couple more. The first one does take a while, actually it takes a long time but its still worth it and after that they just pour right in.

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

Took me over 8 hours to get one... Used about 7k tokens and got 55-70 defence and 45-55 strength.

You're in for the long haul

Low level player's with life,'s 'noobs, make high level players with out lifes feel good about themselve's. But, it's only untill the high level player realise's how unfulfilled his life is, it's to late to apologise.

Took me over 8 hours to get one... Used about 7k tokens and got 55-70 defence and 45-55 strength.

You're in for the long haul

so u had 75 atk when u went in? dang....

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Ok. Another 1.5k tokens gets me a steel defender. This is slow. For the record I am using a ROW.

Since I'm doing so much training I'm doing something to keep me entertained. I'm gonna level all my combat skills at once. Attack, Strength and Defense. I'm getting them all to the same xp then I'm gonna use my whip and get them at once. ::'

vettro.png

that's strange. I used about 2k tokens (prob less) and got from bronze -> rune. idk what's wrong with ur guy

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~