closed

Vincent

jagex also stated that the new weapons that are 'uber' good, will only be able to be used on pvp worlds. they also stated that you wont get the other persons items, which is fair enough considering they dont want rwt, but most people pked for money and fun. so 0.5 of the idea of pking has already gone, which leaves us with the new super powerful weapons, that mean people will be hitting even higher than before.

i think that in the end, many f2p will complain that they didnt get much from the update, which happens with most pvp udates, such as bher; 'i play to pk', was one of the favourites of f2p who couldnt use the members argument; 'i pay to pk'. so i can see f2p complaining about it, but only a minority thankfully, seeing as most f2p are mature enough to not try to threaten jagex by leaving rs etc.

on p2p though, it will be a gerat update, albeit something i wont be doing, because i never did original pking, seeing as my acc was made just as pking was phased out. However many of those who endured from the last december updates, will have some of their fun back, even if they cannot make as much money as before.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

I think pvp worlds are going to be a lot of fun. Maybe even worth re-suscribing. Armor and weapon wise, people will start using the short-term equipement Jagex talked about. Other than that, highest p2p/f2p food will raise, along with potions, rune arrows/bolts, ermm and all those things used in pvp. People will be able to make profit off of pvp. Special "pvp" builds will reappear... It doesn't affect normal Runescape much, apart from the "usables" that skillers make.

I remember a few years ago when people used to rant about player killing on the official forums with responses such as "we don't care about the loot". Players will be spending money like crazy on these resources which will finally bring back a market for these things that has been gone since the update to remove the wilderness.

However, with the lack of loot i don't see it working out personally. I'm not a player killer, never have, never will. I did enjoy it with my clan. [i remember reading that it would be a Russian roulette with the items dropped on death, or did i misread?] I don't think these "super" weapons will be as good as people think they are. Already with the ability to only use them on PVP worlds is a big drawback. This is an update that will give five minutes of fun before all the complaints will start.

Old Player killers will have a reasonable update. For others this update will not bring anything into the game except a market for items such as swordfish, sharks, anchovy pizza's, potions etc.

vcl_loss.jpg

I think the market will be affect as stated above, but it wont affect me as a player. I don't intend to take part in the PVP, as I'm a skiller. Nonetheless I'm quite sure it's a good update, it'll keep the ex-pker's happy anyway ;)

There hasn't exactly been alot of info released on the "pvp specific worlds" update, and it's already been made quite clear it won't be what pk'ing used to be. But for all those who used to love jumping over that borderline between the wild and the rest of Runescape I think you'll enjoy it. As for myself, I don't see myself participating in it a whole lot, but it seems like good news for fishers and herb farmers/potion makers.

fail124.jpgfailbait.png

Fire Cape - Aug 14, 08.

coolnamefailbaitedit.jpg

I remember a few years ago when people used to rant about player killing on the official forums with responses such as "we don't care about the loot". Players will be spending money like crazy on these resources which will finally bring back a market for these things that has been gone since the update to remove the wilderness.

However, with the lack of loot i don't see it working out personally. I'm not a player killer, never have, never will. I did enjoy it with my clan. [i remember reading that it would be a Russian roulette with the items dropped on death, or did i misread?] I don't think these "super" weapons will be as good as people think they are. Already with the ability to only use them on PVP worlds is a big drawback. This is an update that will give five minutes of fun before all the complaints will start.

Old Player killers will have a reasonable update. For others this update will not bring anything into the game except a market for items such as swordfish, sharks, anchovy pizza's, potions etc.

Yes, however maybe doing GWD w/ these uber weapons?

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I think these new PvP worlds will effect RS a great deal. Prices will go up and down and many things will change. One thing Im concerned about is the Pures that might be returning. Many people cannot stand their, "I 0wnz0r j00 n00b!" attitude. All in all I think it will be a great update by the sounds of it, I dont think Jagex will screw this up.