F2P/P2P Firemaking update!

Danil445

Oil

Oil

How to get oil: Mine oil rocks on certain spots over RuneScape, they have a chance of containing oil. Fill 5 vials with oil, and the spot will be empty. Mining oil rocks gives the same mining experience as a Coal rock.

Requirements: 41 mining, the rocks which could contain oil are very solid, and can only be mined with a Rune Pickaxe.

How does it update Firemaking: Oil is used to put items on fire (arrows, weapons).

[hide=F2P oil spots]f_OilspotsF2Pm_2f55d27.png

Al Kharid, Edgeville, Crandor, Karamja, Rimmington, Draynor Manor, Goblin Village

Chance of containing oil: 7.5% (F2P), 10% (P2P). Crandor has 10% chance in F2P, and 12.5% chance in P2P.[/hide]

[hide=P2P oil spots]The yellow dots are the oil spots. If the spot contains no oil, check back after 60 minutes, it could contain oil then!

Abandoned Mine

f_OSAbandonedm_62f186b.png

Chance of containing oil: 15%.

Death Plateau

osdeathplateauhg7.png

Chance of containing oil: 12.5%.

Feldip Hills

osfeldiphillsdv9.png

Chance of containing oil: 11.75%.

Lava Maze

oslavamazexw1.png

Chance of containing oil: 20%.

Quarry

osquarrypo9.png

Chance of containing oil: 15%.

Ruins of Uzer

osruinsofuzergc2.png

Chance of containing oil: 11.75%.

Scorpion Pit

osscorpionpitvr9.png

Chance of containing oil: 22.5%.

Waterbirth Island

oswaterbirthrc6.png

Chance of containing oil: 16.75%.[/hide]

[hide=Lit weapons]Use a Vial of Oil on some Silk, it will turn into Oily Silk (which is stackable). Use the Oily Silk on your weapon/arrow(s), it/they will turn into Silked . Use a tinderbox on the silked arrow/weapon, and it will be lit, temporary. If you use Oily Silk on some arrows, 25 arrows will get 'silked'. Lit weapons have an Attack and Strength bonus boost of 10%, and lit Rune weapons have a special attack: You will cast the best fire magic spell you are able to use, but you don't 'throw' it. It will float in the air, and you will smash it, hitting up to 25% higher as the normal spell. Lit arrows hit 15% more as normal arrows. Oily Silk/Vial of Oil/Silked Weapons/Lit weapons are all tradeable.

Bronze lit weapons/arrows

Stay lit for: 30 seconds.

Requirements: 10 Firemaking.

Iron lit weapons/arrows

Stay lit for: 45 seconds.

Requirements: 15 Firemaking.

Steel lit weapons/arrows

Stay lit for: 1 minute.

Requirements: 25 Firemaking.

Mithril lit weapons/arrows

Stay lit for: 75 seconds.

Requirements: 45 Firemaking.

Adamant lit weapons/arrows

Stay lit for: 90 seconds.

Requirements: 55 Firemaking.

Rune lit weapons/arrows

Stay lit for: 2 minutes.

Requirements: 75 Firemaking.[/hide]

This is my suggestion. Feedback always welcome! ::'

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

Very well thought out idea with pictures and everything, the only problem would probably be peoples willingness to do all of that for a 10-25% bonus, if I were you I would either simplify the process or make silky oil tradeable. Also, I don't know if this would be recieved well as a F2P option, maybe if it was something that could only be used in clan wars for F2P or something like that, so we get a taste of it, but not the whole thing.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

Very well thought out idea with pictures and everything, the only problem would probably be peoples willingness to do all of that for a 10-25% bonus, if I were you I would either simplify the process or make silky oil tradeable. Also, I don't know if this would be recieved well as a F2P option, maybe if it was something that could only be used in clan wars for F2P or something like that, so we get a taste of it, but not the whole thing.

Well, I guess I'll make the Oily Silk tradeable then. ;)

But, I almost see no members with Bronze - Rune weapons, so it would be pretty useless in P2P...

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

But, I almost see no members with Bronze - Rune weapons, so it would be pretty useless in P2P...

You make a pretty good point, but there are a lot of them that use bronze-rune bolts and arrows, and it could maybe work with dragon items, but definitely not special weapons like barrows.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

There is lots to say.

Things you didn't mention...

How many times can you use oily silk? I would imagine that it's a one time use item.

How much experience would you get..?

Other things...

Use a Vial of Oil on some Silk, it will turn into Oily Silk (which is stackable)

First of all, potions are not stackable, so why make oily silk stackable? To be fair, we probably should not make them stackable.

I think the effects should be across the board the same. Everything here has too much overkill.

As far as making fire coated (or silky) weapons. If you want a good bonus, there should be a good trade-off. For instance, chance that a sword becomes damaged, etc. Fire arrows should not last after the appropriate time (because they're.. because they're made of wood? .. Good~)

Anyway it's not like I support this but I just want to give you some feedback

jirenma2001.png