Spiritual mages

flash

its simple really, just wear the best prayer bonus you can, and kill them in the saradomin area. (saradomin item is a must, zammy item would help.) just bring pure super sets and like 6 p pots (adjust depending on how long your staying.) whip on mage prayer and go to town. a note: if they are attacking a werewolf, you can turn on mage pray, they wont attack you.

Tbh, they arent worth camping anymore. but they Are a great task to have. ::'

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Spirit mages are worth camping, they just came down from one of the top money makers in RS to a "great" money maker. In my previous spirit mage task (~160 kills) I got 4 d boots and alot of ess + natures. It added up to over 1m. You wont always get that many boots from that many kills, but it's far from rare.

Alot of people kill zamorak mages because they have around 10 less hp, that's a mistake. Unless your only goal in killing them is melle exp (in which case you shouldnt be killing them), saradomin mages next to the GW entrance are much more efficient. Half the time a nearby werewolf or gorak gets them to below half hp, making them FASTER then zammy mages, and they wont attack you back, meaning no constant prayer pot usage, making them CHEAPER then zammy mages.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've seen a guide for them but I can give you my setup pic. Kill sara mages who are getting attacked in the center of GW - if none are getting attacked then kill them with pray - thats what the pray pots are for. If you have a bunyip try to see if you can get away with killing a sara mage every now and then without prayer and healing over the next few kills.

smsq9.png

w915.png

Note that this setup is made for long-term camping. If you don't have bunyips then replace them with high healing food and possible sub out 1-2 pray pots for food.

Good luck and grats on 83 slayer ;)

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Spirit mages are worth camping, they just came down from one of the top money makers in RS to a "great" money maker. In my previous spirit mage task (~160 kills) I got 4 d boots and alot of ess + natures. It added up to over 1m. You wont always get that many boots from that many kills, but it's far from rare.

Alot of people kill zamorak mages because they have around 10 less hp, that's a mistake. Unless your only goal in killing them is melle exp (in which case you shouldnt be killing them), saradomin mages next to the GW entrance are much more efficient. Half the time a nearby werewolf or gorak gets them to below half hp, making them FASTER then zammy mages, and they wont attack you back, meaning no constant prayer pot usage, making them CHEAPER then zammy mages.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've seen a guide for them but I can give you my setup pic. Kill sara mages who are getting attacked in the center of GW - if none are getting attacked then kill them with pray - thats what the pray pots are for. If you have a bunyip try to see if you can get away with killing a sara mage every now and then without prayer and healing over the next few kills.

smsq9.png

w915.png

Note that this setup is made for long-term camping. If you don't have bunyips then replace them with high healing food and possible sub out 1-2 pray pots for food.

Good luck and grats on 83 slayer ;)

OFF TOPIC: What's the shiny cyan coloured potion?

patson138.png

Zammy V Sara people will always argue about.

Personally I prefer Zammy as I don't need a Sara item and train via slayer so want the melee XP as well.

If you are camping I can see the lure of Sara, however you don't need a Bunyip at Zammy so can prolong trips with 2/3 spirit terrorbirds to hold potions for you as you store the runes. If you take a full inven of prayer pots then theres no room to store loot.

Dragon boots are approximetley 1/70 kills and you will get a fair few nats too. Other decent runes don't drop in high quantities but every little helps yeah?

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

its not 1 in 70 its about 1/200 from my experiences

ive had over 700kc no boots before. its horrible cash, boots are like 220k and you lucky to get one an hour

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Really? I usually get 1/200, I'm guessing they nerfed it.

Also, don't go to sara. Less bonuses due to bad equipment, very seperated, lowered xp due to not being able to get 100% kills, and you can't use a combat familiar.

Lower bonuses? You lose 2 prayer bonus for the sara item, and you dont even pray to kill them. There's no real loss. If you want xp do not kill spirit mages, their awfull exp compared to all the other alternatives we have today. They're not seperated as long as you know where to kill them, but I'll give you the part about combat familiars, but if you subbed out some bunyips for strawberries+comb familiars, you'd just have to bank after a couple hundred kills. But all to their own, do whichever you feel more comfortable with.

Are Armadyl Mages worth it?

No, you have to range them which is slower when you use economical bolts (such as broad), neither can I recall a cluster of them, so lots of running is involved.

ive had over 700kc no boots before. its horrible cash, boots are like 220k and you lucky to get one an hour

I agree with 1 in 70-100, but 1 in 200 is just very bad luck. I can easily get 2+ boots an hour :?

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I despise camping of any sort, but one day I got bored and ranged them for a while in this:

Saradomin Coif

Fury

Saradomin Dhide Body

Unholy Book (zammy protection)

Rune Crossbow

Ava's doohicky

Zamorak Dhide legs (lol double god-proof :D )

Barrows Gloves

Snakeskin Boots

Mithril bolts (hit really good actually)

I dont remember the ring but I think it was a Wealth

Inventory:

15 range pots (4)

3 prayer pots (4)

House teletab

Restore potion

rest of spots empty for important runes

Anyway, I went into Saradomins Encampment, the first room. I attacked the 2 mages that almost always were attacking the lone Werewolf (who will not attack you thanks to Unholy book/ legs). You take no damage therefore negating the need to bring pray pots at all, except for the times when the werewolf is out of the eastern mages attacking range. At that time I just attacked him and used a bit of pray.

Now, because of my awesome attention span I only killed about 90 or so mages, and then teled. LOL. But, at the end of the trip I noticed I had only used 1 full range pot. At 88 range, I could have had about 1200 kills if I could stand to rot my brain for that long. Higher range = more kills per pot = less money used per kill (be it a small amount already) = Moooooore profiiiiiiit.

Phew, that was a mouthful.

bazrippingjagex.jpg

[hide=]Lower bonuses? You lose 2 prayer bonus for the sara item, and you dont even pray to kill them. There's no real loss. If you want xp do not kill spirit mages, their awfull exp compared to all the other alternatives we have today. They're not seperated as long as you know where to kill them, but I'll give you the part about combat familiars, but if you subbed out some bunyips for strawberries+comb familiars, you'd just have to bank after a couple hundred kills. But all to their own, do whichever you feel more comfortable with.[/hide]

I was referring to the loss of a Amulet. Also, they are obviously more seperated than the Zamorak mages, especially if you plan to kill a good amount/hour.

And so what if your not gaining xp as fast as other location? That doesn't affect the fact that you lose a good amount of xp/hour.

It's all about Zammy :twss:

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Then you had bad luck. In a task I usually get 2 pairs of boots so that's roughly 1/70-1/100.

That said I've had tasks with no drops and others with 3.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!