Full dharoks any good with whip?

theone_ian

If your going to get just 1 Barrows item

then get something for defense, because whip is better than Barrow weapons

Go for something Veracs (Good Def and Pray bonus)

Or Karils if you don't like Black D'Hide

Few uses for Karils unless he wants to range...

If you're just going to be training on a regular basis, get torags

dh isn't really good unless u use axe

if you really want barrows get

full ahrims for mage training

full karils for range training

or torags legs for melee and slaying

of u can get all 3 with your 3m budget

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

No need for dharoks if you're not gonna use the weapon.

Get Torags plate/leg for defence or Veracs full set.

Dharoks plate and leg have nearly the same stats (if not exactly the same...)

Answering the topic: Yes. Pick whatever melee set you like most. All of the barrows pieces are among the best armor you can get. Just keep in mind that looks are a big factor in your choice - the only melee pieces that are less defense are Verac's Brassard (I still say get this, prayer bonus owns) and Guthan's Skirt. Remember that Verac's stuff has prayer bonuses (good ones). I'll just outline the pieces for you:

VERAC's: overall this armor is fairly costly in comparison.

-Helm: one of the 3 best helms in the game - pray bonus makes it slightly better

-Top: Lower defense, but good for the well rounded adventurer (actually good for mages as well, no negative bonus). Prayer Bonus owns too.

-Skirt: Same as Torag's and Dharok's. This has the prayer bonus as well, and a smaller magic defense penalty with slightly better range protection.

DHAROK's: on the cheaper side, helm is much cheaper

-Helm: slightly lower def stats then the other helms but good looking, and has smaller mage and range attack penalties. One of the best choices.

-Plate: Just as good as Torag's, its all a matter of looks.

-Legs: Same as plate

TORAG's: Fairly cheap, helm is dirt cheap - but seriously ugly

-Helm: Same as Verac's, but ugly and no prayer bonus

-Plate: Same as Dharok's

-Legs: Same as plate

GUTHAN's: dirt cheap all around, helm is one of the cheapest and the plate and skirt are incredibly cheap

-Helm: Same as Torag's, great looking though.

-Plate: I think slightly less def then Dharok's and Torag's, still that's negligible

Legs: Lower def than Dharok's or Torags but cheap and lower magic and range attack penalties.

My personal recommendations are below.

Melee only:

Any helm

Torag, Guthan or Dharok plate

Torag, Verac, or Dharok legs

Versatile and still excellent defense:

Dharok's Helm

Verac's Brassard

Guthan's Skirt

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

I just read this entire topic.

i can't believe people would not suggest to get dharoks, even without the axe.

As the poster mentioned above me. It has excellent stats and the only thing that i would mention is if u are going to be useing a whiip with it (which is an excellent choice), Just change your helmet to something like a neits helm or a slayer mask. If you do this its is just as good if not better than torags. You will love this barrows set if you choose this as your only barrows set. Gunthans can be annoying and the rest have there weak spots.

Torags is good but not that good as a set. But dharoks is the best for defense without the helmet (i never use the helmet anyways.) and it is also great as a set. Get dharoks.

1travino.png

Unless you're fighting something particular high leveled, a fighter torso and neitiznot helm are better than Barrows. Torag's legs are a good option, though.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: