Is runecrafting worth it?

wojfball

If you were ptp, I would say yes, but money does not come to easy from ftp runecrafting, atleast from my view, its still a useful skill to train though, use air runes, with the gloves from fog.

It is an exellent way to make money in free to play but only at high levels. However you really need to see it as a long term goal. Personally I got to level 35 with virtually only using magic lamps (there were no school teachers at that time). After that I combined crafting with mining or woodcutting. There is no point in f2p in trying to level this skill faster than other more easily levelled skills.

If you were ptp, I would say yes, but money does not come to easy from ftp runecrafting, atleast from my view, its still a useful skill to train though, use air runes, with the gloves from fog.

fog gloves aren't worth it

the time you need for getting the gloves, makes up the xp less if you don't use them...

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

They definitely are. In a good game, you can get upwards of 12 tokens, already about 1/6 of what you need. Realistically, it'll take about 8-10 games, each taking about 10-15 mins MAX, on average about 8 for me actually. It depends on your combat level and skill at the game.

Now, you essentially have to craft double the number of essence to gain the amount of XP. 1000 runes take about 37 runs to craft. That's about an extra 37 mins to actually craft them.

Ok, so that still gives gloveless crafters 50 mins over the gloves. However, you have to factor in the money or time you had to spend on buying/mining the extra 1000 essence. So that's about an extra 45K, or 45ish mins. Depending on how high your RC level is, you'll probably end up losing quite a bit of money or gaining very little if you sell the runes after buying them.

On top of that, FoG is fun and offers good mage XP ^_^

If you are going to Rune Craft for your own personal gain, then I would suggest that you shouldn't. There are other, better alternatives to make money (Mining, Wood Cutting).

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

runecraft now so when you finally become p2p you can make nats and all that other stuff

its totally worth it raise it even if you dont make moeny with it, money isnt worth much in f2p

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Runecrafting, in my opinion, is a cool skill which brings money too! If you aren't in it for the money and want fun, I would suggest the Great Orb project: Fun game, runecrafting xp, runes, and rewards! Although you must get to 50 runecrafting before you can play it, so work on it, it's worth it! ::'

Big_Stingman.png

YES :thumbup:

In my opinion Runecrafting is the coolest skill in the game. Sure it takes a lot of time and patiance, but it is one of the only respected 99's left in the game. For F2P it is a bit difficult to train it fast, i would know because im F2P. The best way i can suggest is to do air runes until you can do earth runes, and then earth runes until you can do fire rune. If you are a good Fist of Guthix player i would suggest you doing Earth runes with Runecrafting gloves all the way. Alot of people might say the making tiaras is the best way, but its only the best way if you are willing to spend 400k per level when you hit level 55. Sure it may take some time to reach level 55, but you will make money all the way from 33 to 55.

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png