Mithril Dragons: How To Kill Them

rhyddid2e

Hello. I would like to have the bones from the Waterspout Dungeon so I may make pyre ships. I would like to know if I have the levels to take on a mithril dragon. My att, str, and def are all 80, range is 85, mage is 84 and prayer is 70 with chivalry and piety. My hitpoints are 85. I would like to know a good armour/weapon setup against the mithril dragons.

Thanks in Advance,

Aubergine2c (P2P) and Rhyddid2e (F2P)

AsatruSig00.jpg

Hmm.. I'm sorry but I'm not very experienced in Mithril Dragons myself, but I wouldn't suggest

going there for just the bones.. You will almost certainly lose ALOT of cash in the process.

P.S. Please change your font, my eyes are bleeding.

Catsmoker.png

I left my wife for a level 59 tank mage

Last time I checked there was no such thing as "Mithril Bones" Just "Dragon Bones"

Just kill blue drags under heros guild. Take your best range gear, broad-tipped bolts and a rune cbow - watch other people to see where the safe spot is.

Also, get 24 wind strikes to steal drags off people - magic is faster then range.

Feel free to pm me

RSN: Claremont

sig.gif

Crazy Old Man.

R.I.P The Old Nite. My Mentor and Brother.

He taught me how to play the game.

Last time I checked there was no such thing as "Mithril Bones" Just "Dragon Bones"

Just kill blue drags under heros guild. Take your best range gear, broad-tipped bolts and a rune cbow - watch other people to see where the safe spot is.

Also, get 24 wind strikes to steal drags off people - magic is faster then range.

Feel free to pm me

RSN: Claremont

If you read the post she wants bones to make pyreships so i think she wants chewed bones

I melee them in Karils whilst praying melee. Use super set and antifire pot then about 2-3 prayer pots. Then a full inven of sharks with terrorbird pouch.

I get 7-8 kills usually but I only ever train on them if I'm there for slayer so I have the slayer helm bonus.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Hmm.. I'm sorry but I'm not very experienced in Mithril Dragons myself, but I wouldn't suggest

going there for just the bones.. You will almost certainly lose ALOT of cash in the process.

P.S. Please change your font, my eyes are bleeding.

you can make tons there..very frequent rune baxe drops, how can you lose money if you just picked up bones and bars? not even counting 2ndary drops..

anyways, rangeing them in karils bests, go up close with melee pray+eagle eye

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

karils, snakeskin/ranger boots, wealth/archer, anti-dragon sheild, fury, barrows gloves/black vambs, go next to drag and pray mellee and eagle eye, use ruby bolts for 1st half of health and switch to diamond for the 2nd half, best food you got, pray pots, anti fire pots and a home teletab, if you mess up and drag gets lucky i'm sure it can hit you over ring of life so up to you if want to take, but home teletab is a must! i used to use ecto and always got lucky, left on 2hp before now, would have been screwed if died at ecto :(

baileydafrog.png

If you can afford this set-up, heres what I would bring:

Protect from melee since they hit harder with melee then with magic.

Top + Bottom karil - or you can wear another outfit that gives protection against magic attacks - like mage robes or d'hide. [alternative; Dragonhide full set]

Infinite booties or [alternative; Mystic or wizzy boots]

Slayer mask/black mask if you have one [alternative; Helm of neitiznot - for strength and prayer and +3 mage def]

Antifire shield of course!

Fury ammy and barrow gloves [alternative; glory]

Quick tele

10 - 13 sara brews (4)

10 - 13 super restores (4)

1 Antifire pot (4)

[alternative; 1 super att and 1 super str rest with sharks]

Incase you follow the first set-up:

No need to bring super pots since you will be drinking sara brews when you need to heal and that will only lower your attack and strength anyway - followed up with super restore to heal prayer and restore stats. Instead have either Piety or Ultimate Strength and Incredible Reflexes on.

Might be usefull to bring a healer (you can summ a bunyip in 8 more lvls? or unicorn) too, just remember that you cant summoning it untill you are well within the dungeon.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Range them with ruby and diamond bolts. If you want to break even (probably impossible with your stats) pick up all the mithril bars and bury as few dragon bones as possible. Beasts of Burdens are great.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Range them with ruby and diamond bolts. If you want to break even (probably impossible with your stats) pick up all the mithril bars and bury as few dragon bones as possible. Beasts of Burdens are great.

You shouldn't be burying any bones, because they are worth almost twice as much as mithril bars. and I wouldn't take any food over monkfish. You might be getting drops too fast to have space without wasting some if you do.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20