The guide to which herbs to plant, now fully automated!

Troacctid

You should update this, i recently did some calculations of my own which show ranarr being more profitable that snapdragon up to a higher average than 7.5 herbs

Ah, that's the beauty of it. Anybody can plug the current prices into the boxes and it'll update itself. ::'

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just updated the prices and fixed the formula on your spreadsheet, because it was really messed up.

Hope it works better

Ilovetopk

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks to whichever kind stranger it was who is better than me at making these spreadsheets

You're welcome.

I would ask that you give credit to Brainmidget for the code since their guide on Google Docs was extremely well written and provided all the true coding that I used.

Thanks for putting the guide itself together, and for adding those excellent charts.

• 3 months later...

Some news.

First, I've made a few changes to the spreadsheets. I'm tracking more herbs in the smaller spreadsheet, more on that later. Supercompost is factored in there as well. I also added gp/xp in case you want to figure out the money you'd make getting 99 farming off of just herbs. (Lantadyme is 350-400m right now, for example!) On both spreadsheets, I've placed the average gp/seed on the left for greater visibility, and I've added a gadget to the front page with a bar chart.

Second, lantadyme, dwarf weed, and avantoe have moved to the top 5. I imagine this is the magic potion update kicking in for lantadyme, amplified by merchants, although I don't know what made avantoe spike in price more than the other herbs. Snapdragon is still the most profitable herb to plant in the Trollheim patch because of the higher average yield there, but Lantadyme is now tied with ranarr as the most profitable herb to plant, and it gives far more experience. How long this will last, I can't say.

The average was around 6.6 herbs/seed I believe. Might want to mention that.

i am 99% that is correct. 6.6 herbs/seed average with magic secateurs which give +10% yield according to the knowledge base

6 herbs/seed without the secateurs

and of course using super compost

Naaxi.png