Why eat/pray at all? (Honest Question)

Recksash

Well I do eat and pray. Prayer is used for hitting harder and I and won't put on protect prayer, but if they do I will smite or put it up. I eat because it prolongs the fight and the longer the fight and more impressive the kill the better reward; apparently. I still don't get the whole "safeing" I keep my hp lower if I'm dhing to hit higher, but if you are not able to kill someone from full hp thats a problem with your skill not theirs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pk much myself either. Sometimes though, I believe that what you say here is a very smart thing to do. You might get lucky and earn some nice stuff in a very short amount of time. And even if you die, you will soon be able to have revenge.

But sometimes, when you fight someone who is close to your own combat level and perhaps even is a little better than you, the wisest thing is to bring a lot of good food and potions. Then you can get those really good rewards, since the other player was so close to your own level.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Okay, try to kill me when every time you hit me, I use a tuna potato and brew and heal 38 HP. And I never let my HP fall below 100. And I run once I get down to 4 food + 2 brews.

Your opponent doesn't want to die either. So if you both do everything possible to avoid death, neither player has a chance to win, the only person that's gaining is the fisherman selling you suckers the sharks that you're wasting, or the cook who is now buying a Godsword with the money he made from selling you chumps the tuna potatoes.

What is the point of PK-ing if everyone is near impossible, and you get a kill every 50 attempts when your opponent lags? You overestimate P2P weapons, even though a Godsword has a max hit of ~75 in PvP, it doesn't mean it hits 75 often.

It's all well and good coming up with a hypothetical situation that has no real basis in reality to strengthen your point, but when it comes down to it, how many times have you seen that happen? I've played for almost 8 years and not once have I ever come up against (or seen, for that matter) anyone who has done anything near that. Not ever.

As far as I can tell, most people who PK use prayer and food but there are hundreds, if not thousands, of kills per day. Very rarely do we get the stalemates all those against pray and food claim to see/have. If these things make PKing as ineffective as claimed, please explain the PvP servers.

Thanks.

When he talks about prayer and food, he isn't talking about piety and sharks. The things that pkers hate are safing (which despite what most skillers think on these forums is eating at such a ridiculously high hp that ko is almost impossible), and protect prayers.

Trust me, nobody will ko me if I pull every string to protect myself. One sara brew and a couple sharks and protect prayers and I have a get out free ticket. I don't care how good you claim to be, I don't even care if you pack multiple combat forms, I'm out of there with my stuff intact. Stalemating is incredibly easy if you have decent stats and the right gear.

Some newbs use bad food. If they use, I don't know, tuna, and you use lobs, you have 54 hp extra assuming you only have food in your invent. Same thing with prayer, if you have higher pray than them, it just might tip things your direction.

[Edit] 184 BTW.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!