Possible Jagex Conspiracy...

Well, I, for one, cannot completely give an opinion either way on this. It's totally possible Jagex is taking out large sums of wealth from people. It'd be easy for them: they control the servers which save the account/bank data, all they need to do is erase. And even though they are a company and if people found out there may be mass quitting, but it'd be extremely hard to prove without insider evidence (They could say they did nothing and no one would know). They, as a company, have a lot to lose if the economy goes totally haywire because if it does, there may be mass quitting. So it's possible they're siphoning wealth out of the game, but I won't say they are. And the author (forgot his name) didn't necessarily accuse Jagex (at least it didn't sound like that to me); he's just bringing the possibility into the eyes of the public. So I must say Jagex should be considered innocent, but kept under open eyes for this may be true. MAY be true, not IS true, not IS NOT true, MAY be true.

Thank you,

C Shine

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Outsanity, Jagex has every right to take the items back even if you paid the $5, we pay taxes but the goverment can still LEGALLY come in and take certain property without providing compensation, lucky for us they dont.

let me ask you one question poster. Why is that newbs get hacked more than the high leveled rich players?

because that would be obvious. If only the very rich got hacked...[eople would begin to question jagex like I am right now. The rich protect their accounts very well because they knowpeople try to "hack" them everyday. If you nail one or 2 noobs a day, the money decline isnt substantial, but it does help a bit.

Listen, Jagex is a company. They probally don't care about a video game's economy. All they care about is getting $5 a month from every single member.

I think they also care about continually adding to/improving the game, so that members *stay* members. It's a business for them, remember. They make money, but you get a fun game to play.

JAGeX does an excellent job producing Runescape, as far as I'm concerned. For five dollars a month, one can play a game that manages to be similarly interesting to other OLG that cost much more to purchase/subscribe to.

I find the idea that JAGeX is conspiring ridiculous.

lpinkus

i think that jagex's number 1 concern is the happyness of the players cos that mean they tell more people.

so they occational take a few bit and pecies here and there, even if it means hacking a noob account every so often that make everybody wound up and they try to beat the none exsiting hackers. so they invest in spyware. oh no it doesnt work lets get some more, its all about keeping ppl happy and money in the bank

do the math if ur on u cant get hacked so if ur always on what diffrents does it make to jagex they make the same no matter what u are doing.

(just so u all no while u are reading posts like this jagex is making money from u doing nothing cos its u now and in 5 seconds ur accont will be unchanged if ur not playing so 5 seconds more some other time and that soon adds up)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

i got confused jagex make money no matter what u do apart from quit.

if u lose ur stuff to hackers u want to play more so u dont quit, or u do and they havent lost anything cos u would have quit anyway

i got confused jagex make money no matter what u do apart from quit.

if u lose ur stuff to hackers u want to play more so u dont quit, or u do and they havent lost anything cos u would have quit anyway

That makes absolutely no sense. No, someone wouldn't have quit anyway if they hadn't got hacked...

Jagex doesn't hack accounts. Jesus, people... that's just ridiculous.

let me ask you one question poster. Why is that newbs get hacked more than the high leveled rich players?

because that would be obvious. If only the very rich got hacked...[eople would begin to question jagex like I am right now. The rich protect their accounts very well because they knowpeople try to "hack" them everyday. If you nail one or 2 noobs a day, the money decline isnt substantial, but it does help a bit.

And the obvious fact that some people are legitmately keylogged, scammed etc.

Interesting proposal Itsjustagame, however i don't think JaGeX really care that much to do something like this.

I find it funny all the people who call Jagex stupid, who's playing who's game?

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

agreed with lpinkus and the other guy ^^

I personally think that the OP's idea is not ~totally~ out in right field, but I highly doubt that Jagex is behind any hackings.

1. In most databases, such as this phpBB that we're posting to, sensitive information (aka passwords) is encrypted into the database in such a way that no one, not even the BB admin can view other's passwords. Obviously, it would be S.I.M.P.L.E. for Jagex to install a keylogger so they could get our information right off the login screen as we type it in, but I bet they keep measures to safeguard the integrity, so as not to scare off players/customers.

2. How much money comes into the economy each day? billions, surely. My point is, unless the person getting hacked is s1acker or duke freedom, the loss of items isn't going to be a scratch on the surface of the RS economy.

While the idea is certainly possible, I doubt that Jagex is hacking into anyone's accounts.

it depends on what is definded as hacking.

jagex has full and legal power to our accounts because they own them.

jagex can use the accounts with out our permission.

jagex can do anything they want with the accounts.

so they are one are acconts with out our permission, we put the work in so we get a say right? no. the account is property of the jagex corp.

just like a pet dog. it has freedoms it has been set that can be taken or added, the dog controls what it does but the master control everything else, only a few other things are that jagex can take control as well.

Well, actually, Jagex has full and total control of our accounts. First, they can easily look up your password, hence why real Jagex staff will never ask you for your password. I'm not sure where you got the idea that jagex doesn't know what we are doing. Truthfully, Runescape has a built in keylogger as well as click logger to slightly help with autoing as far as it seems to me.

RSN: Mutashi

im yet to see an ip that some hacked kid posted be from cambridge england but hey :roll: idiot

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

it depends on what is definded as hacking.

jagex has full and legal power to our accounts because they own them.

jagex can use the accounts with out our permission.

jagex can do anything they want with the accounts.

so they are one are acconts with out our permission, we put the work in so we get a say right? no. the account is property of the jagex corp.

just like a pet dog. it has freedoms it has been set that can be taken or added, the dog controls what it does but the master control everything else, only a few other things are that jagex can take control as well.

JAGeX also has access to my credit card number, but they haven't taken any more out of my account than five dollars per month. I trust them with that information, so I trust them with my in-game account. Yes, I suppose they potentially have the ability to do anything they want, but I really fail to see that helping the "economy," which is fine, as far as I'm concerned.

Comparing JAGeX's account handling to disciplining a pet dog? You really need to send a message to JAGeX if you have this concern. Or, and I'm really not saying this nastily, you probally ought to quit playing Runescape if you feel those who created and maintain the game are deceiving you.

I feel that Runescape is the best, easiest to play, and most reasonably priced online game for which you need to download no software. I never understand why people post negativity about JAGeX. Simple criticism is fine, but the idea that they're fooling around with your account is, frankly, silly.

lpinkus

lpinkus, I agree with the general idea of your post, but you're wrong on one thing: Jagex doesn't have access to your credit card number. They use Worldpay for credit card payments. It's them who have your number.

that freaked me out... anyway its certainly feasable, but most hackings i hear about they just decimate the bank, and take everything thats even worth 2 gp, i doubt jagex would do that

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

Has anybody ever told you that you'r paranoid? Because you are........

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

.......if anyone feels that JAGeX is taking their RS items then I advise you to confront JAGeX, because screwing around posting it here isnt doing any good, also they legally can take evry thing on your account soyou cant do anything their, and one last thing NOONE WANTS TO HERE YOUR CRACKPOT THEORIES.

well... that theory is pretty wack. "jagex" first of all doesn't care about the economy in the game. it is player-controlled. programmers and jagex staff members of course have infinite access to any items and money they desire, they can create a p hat or a cracker or 50 mil out of nothing and put it on an account if they so desire...and i'm sure they do it regularly.

what you're suggesting is just kinda stupid. people are hacked because they're negligent of their security. they either do not have a virus scanner and firewall or share their password or have an obvious pass or fall for a password scam.

that's all there is to it. people are stupid.