:: ZMI RuneCrafting Guide ::

HOOG0Z

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm confused? How does it work?

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of teleing to lunar isle to bank try tele cw with a duel ring.

You will waste alot less money that way and it isn't even slower... And another good thing about that is that you don't have to wear the seal of passage...

A third way to tele is by using glory to either edge or draynor.

That is even cheaper costing nothing at all! However i don't recommend this unless you have a hell lot of glories :P or if you are 89 summoning... otherwise you would loose some time when recharging them...

When running through the dungeon it is clever to always have rapid health prayer turned ON because it will help you alot. You can then choose wether if you feel like switching protect from range of while banking or you wanna have it turned on at all time... It depends wether if you feel like using your time switching prayer or restoring prayer lol... won't be much of a difference.

Last but not least i really recommend using some armour... When i rc at the zmi i never have to drag any food out of my bank because of rapid health prayer and my armour...

Some of the good lightweight allround protection includes:

Holy book (sara book)

mind shield (really good mage def)

rouge armour (weight next to nothing)

fury (will give huge def bonus if you use ring of dueling)

That is what i can remember at this state of time...

Otherwise an ok guide... you should maybe mention that you get better runes the higher rc lvl you have, therefore making it better xp and gps at higher lvls...

• 1 month later...

use abbysal familiars, 7 ess is worth it also the 3 doses sup energy every 2 trips isnt that bad.

instead bank at ourania altar, it's cheaper:

2 astral runes and 1 law rune for teleing to moonclan costs about 580 gp, whilest 60 fire runes (I bank 3 times with all pouches and a familiar) is only 180 gp and it saves 5 seconds at least every run aswell

#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09

angel2w.gif

Abyssal familiars are good, but since you are running alot, it is better to use bird.

Use GHOSTY ROBES.

They weigh nothing, and provide a slight magic defense. Penance and Cape is needed for maximum -weight.

If you do mislclick a lunar banker, don't finish the convo, and you are safe.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Abyssal familiars are good, but since you are running alot, it is better to use bird.

Use GHOSTY ROBES.

They weigh nothing, and provide a slight magic defense. Penance and Cape is needed for maximum -weight.

For Runecrafting, abyssal familiars are always better. The extra 7 ess per run can speed up the essence used per hour greatly, up towards 300-400 essence/hour (depending on where you're RCing). The super energy you use every 2 runs or so will make you profit much more, and decrease the time spent RCing.

Ghostly Robes aren't necessarily the best bet. Of course it depends on your stats and your preference. I use Rogue body and legs, very lightweight, gives enough defence for me and my stats, and I like the look :P Ghostly Robes may be lightweight and a few magic defence points, but not good enough. With a Spottier Cape, Boots of Lightness, and Penance Gloves (if you have them, I sure do :P), you can cover the weight of most lightweight armors. I usually use Saradomin Book for a bit of melee, range, and magic defence, rather than one or the other kind of thing. And a Bearhead. That's just what I use though. It's really what you prefer. But try to get 0 kg, since if you have negative weight, it doesn't affect you any differently than 0 kg. So if you get 0 kg, it means you used up all your best armors while still keeping the best weight you can be essentially.

Anyways, on to the guide and other comments.

I found that going from 80-82 RC there, I was getting 35-40k xp/hr relaxed pace, using Duelling Rings to teleport to Castle Wars to bank. I tried using Fire Runes to bank, but, for some reason, could not get the hang of it. And I was competing with people, so rather than wasting time, I just went the way I knew worked. However, it is faster to bank using Fire Runes.

If you're banking on Lunar Isle, you can communicate to the Eastern bankbooth in whatever way you choose, as long as you are talking to the Pirate guy (forget his name), you will be fine with banking there without a Seal of Passage. However, you do need Dream Mentor.

I prefer a Glory Amulet over a Seal or Fury, or any other amulet, still good stats, plus when your pouches degrades, you have a quick teleport to Edgeville to repair them.

I prefer to use whatever Protection Prayer is best at the time. So if I'm in an area with multiple rangers, range prayer, or, things like that. It's an easy switch, since all you're doing is running.

And remember, you don't need to wait as long to empty your pouches with the Ourania Altar. With all other altars, you need to wait until the RC animation is over to do anything else. But look at your inventory, when you see runes, empty your pouches. So you can still do things while the animation is still happening. This saves a lot of time throughout all your runs.

If you bank at the Altar (using the fire runes), I recommend dropping the low, near worthless runes on the way to the ladder from the teleport. This will save a couple seconds each time you bank.

And that's all I have to say for now. I maybe forgetting things.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Use GHOSTY ROBES.

For Runecrafting, abyssal familiars are always better. The extra 7 ess per run can speed up the essence used per hour greatly, up towards 300-400 essence/hour (depending on where you're RCing). The super energy you use every 2 runs or so will make you profit much more, and decrease the time spent RCing.

Ghostly Robes aren't necessarily the best bet. Of course it depends on your stats and your preference. I use Rogue body and legs, very lightweight, gives enough defence for me and my stats, and I like the look :P Ghostly Robes may be lightweight and a few magic defence points, but not good enough. With a Spottier Cape, Boots of Lightness, and Penance Gloves (if you have them, I sure do :P), you can cover the weight of most lightweight armors. I usually use Saradomin Book for a bit of melee, range, and magic defence, rather than one or the other kind of thing. And a Bearhead. That's just what I use though. It's really what you prefer. But try to get 0 kg, since if you have negative weight, it doesn't affect you any differently than 0 kg. So if you get 0 kg, it means you used up all your best armors while still keeping the best weight you can be essentially.

Anyways, on to the guide and other comments.

I found that going from 80-82 RC there, I was getting 35-40k xp/hr relaxed pace, using Duelling Rings to teleport to Castle Wars to bank. I tried using Fire Runes to bank, but, for some reason, could not get the hang of it. And I was competing with people, so rather than wasting time, I just went the way I knew worked. However, it is faster to bank using Fire Runes.

If you're banking on Lunar Isle, you can communicate to the Eastern bankbooth in whatever way you choose, as long as you are talking to the Pirate guy (forget his name), you will be fine with banking there without a Seal of Passage. However, you do need Dream Mentor.

I prefer a Glory Amulet over a Seal or Fury, or any other amulet, still good stats, plus when your pouches degrades, you have a quick teleport to Edgeville to repair them.

I prefer to use whatever Protection Prayer is best at the time. So if I'm in an area with multiple rangers, range prayer, or, things like that. It's an easy switch, since all you're doing is running.

And remember, you don't need to wait as long to empty your pouches with the Ourania Altar. With all other altars, you need to wait until the RC animation is over to do anything else. But look at your inventory, when you see runes, empty your pouches. So you can still do things while the animation is still happening. This saves a lot of time throughout all your runs.

If you bank at the Altar (using the fire runes), I recommend dropping the low, near worthless runes on the way to the ladder from the teleport. This will save a couple seconds each time you bank.

And that's all I have to say for now. I maybe forgetting things.

Well.

I think ghostly robes are the best. Since you are protecting ranged, magic defense is best. Rogue armor isin't as good. Also, having negative weight is vital. It has a huge idvantage, as your energy is drained MUCH slower. It is even mroe effective than having a few kg, then brought down to around 0.

If you use a Abyssal familiar, then you should probably dip in the inf energy pool. Sure, you can used super energies, but you ar running far too much. It is ok if you are doing a few trips, but if you are planning to do a few k rcs, then you must use bird. A super energy (3) is 1k each.

Owned_Nex.png

Having negative weight makes a huge difference... it will indeed make the energy drain alot slower...

What I'm saying is that -10kg is no different than 0kg. That's how it's coded in the game, that 0 or less weight will affect your energy the same. I technically have no proof over this, but in the Mega Runecrafting Guide on the RSOF, Zarfot mentions this. I would have to trust him on this considering he's one of the top Runecrafters in the game, and has data for just about everything. So you don't have to trust me on this, but, I would at least say it's ideal to have 0 kg, which we know is a great weight to have nonetheless, and means with your weight reduction clothing, you probably at least have some decent armor to go with it.

Ghostly Robes are alright, it really depends on the method you're using. If you plan on just range praying the whole time, then sure, go ahead. But put on Piety/Defence prayers for when you get hit by the warriors.

I much prefer Rogue armor with a Bearhead and a Saradomin Book. This will give significant armor to everything that you face (and the mages aren't quite as bad as some people may think because they only use Fire Strike). I realize there are better armors than Rogue to use, regarding a good stats to weight ratio, but, I have it, and I like the look a lot. So I choose to wear it :P

Regarding the familiar, Pantim... I'm not sure you've really RCed very much before... And by the stats on your current character at least, it seems as if I'm correct. Yes, you save a decent amount of money on using the Terrorbird rather than an abyssal familiar, however, you are not taking profit or xp/hr into affect here. With the abyssal familiar, you can easily gain 300-400 ess more per hour than without it. With that extra essence, you are making a slightly better profit than with a terrorbird (ZMI won't bring in lots of profit, but it generally gives a bit, the other forms of RCing (the high p2p runes)), and you are greatly increasing the xp/hr (I can't provide a number here, I forget how much xp you get roughly per essence).

Using a terrorbird really is just being ignorant to the fact that you will receive much more than that with an abyssal familiar. I guess, if you were really strapped for cash and could only afford the essence and the few pouches and scrolls, then I would be alright with it. Whether or not that'll really sink it, doesn't matter, it really depends on what you prefer and what you're comfortable. So in no way am I saying you're wrong, however, the results shows the technical better route to take.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

What I'm saying is that -10kg is no different than 0kg. That's how it's coded in the game, that 0 or less weight will affect your energy the same. I technically have no proof over this, but in the Mega Runecrafting Guide on the RSOF, Zarfot mentions this. I would have to trust him on this considering he's one of the top Runecrafters in the game, and has data for just about everything. So you don't have to trust me on this, but, I would at least say it's ideal to have 0 kg, which we know is a great weight to have nonetheless, and means with your weight reduction clothing, you probably at least have some decent armor to go with it.

Ghostly Robes are alright, it really depends on the method you're using. If you plan on just range praying the whole time, then sure, go ahead. But put on Piety/Defence prayers for when you get hit by the warriors.

I much prefer Rogue armor with a Bearhead and a Saradomin Book. This will give significant armor to everything that you face (and the mages aren't quite as bad as some people may think because they only use Fire Strike). I realize there are better armors than Rogue to use, regarding a good stats to weight ratio, but, I have it, and I like the look a lot. So I choose to wear it :P

Regarding the familiar, Pantim... I'm not sure you've really RCed very much before... And by the stats on your current character at least, it seems as if I'm correct. Yes, you save a decent amount of money on using the Terrorbird rather than an abyssal familiar, however, you are not taking profit or xp/hr into affect here. With the abyssal familiar, you can easily gain 300-400 ess more per hour than without it. With that extra essence, you are making a slightly better profit than with a terrorbird (ZMI won't bring in lots of profit, but it generally gives a bit, the other forms of RCing (the high p2p runes)), and you are greatly increasing the xp/hr (I can't provide a number here, I forget how much xp you get roughly per essence).

Using a terrorbird really is just being ignorant to the fact that you will receive much more than that with an abyssal familiar. I guess, if you were really strapped for cash and could only afford the essence and the few pouches and scrolls, then I would be alright with it. Whether or not that'll really sink it, doesn't matter, it really depends on what you prefer and what you're comfortable. So in no way am I saying you're wrong, however, the results shows the technical better route to take.

However, you must also take into account the time to put in and withdraw ess from the familiar. Sure, you craft more a trip, but less over time. But if you are going for profit, then ZMI isin't for you. In any case, the familiar will probably cause more harm than good. It will DEFINATLY NOT increase yoru crafting by 300-400. 150 would be generous. Ontop of that, the super energy pots will completely eliminate any profit you might make from the familiar, and partially what you make from your invent.

Eith reguard to the armor thing, it is best to protect range because you will NEVER get hit by a warrior. That is because you are immune to attacks a second or so after a ranged enemy attack(it counts you as their target.) You only get hit by warrior once since you are running by them anyways. I'm not sure about the weight thing, but to me it appears to drain less.

There is a alter, so even in the worst case scenario you won't take mcuh damage.

Owned_Nex.png

Wouldn't it be faster to use a dueling ring, bank at castle wars, then use the telly to the zmi alter? then you could use a fury for massive defense boost right? still great guide, just got lunar mage a few days ago, and as soon as i finish getting full void range/melee and maybe mage, i will definitely do this.

well, once i get 50+ rc that is :wall: only 49 lols

and yeah, good guide =D>

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

Having negative weight makes a huge difference... it will indeed make the energy drain alot slower...

Actually, no. I had heard negative weight was the same as 0 and assumed it was true. You know what they say though; when you make an assumption, you make an [wagon] of you and umption.

I just tested it. I started at the Al Kharid palace and ran to Varrock East bank at 0 kilos; got there with 2 energy points remaining. Glory tele'd back, did it again at -9 kilos; got there with 0 energy points remaining. Statistically insignificant difference.

0 kilos is the same as -9 kilos.

redsnertz.png

Actually, no. I had heard negative weight was the same as 0 and assumed it was true. You know what they say though; when you make an assumption, you make an [wagon] of you and umption.

I just tested it. I started at the Al Kharid palace and ran to Varrock East bank at 0 kilos; got there with 2 energy points remaining. Glory tele'd back, did it again at -9 kilos; got there with 0 energy points remaining. Statistically insignificant difference.

well that surprises me :/ but i have never checked it, just always felt it worked better... might be because i end up with a positive weight anyway when i have some stuff in my inventory...

That being said, the best setup would be:

Bearhelm

Larupia Top

Black dhide legs

Earth/Lava Staff

Crystal Shield

Penance Gloves

Boots of Lightness

Spottier Cape

Fury

I believe you'll have about 100 for each melee defense, around 70 or so range defense and about 50 or so mage defense and weigh 0 or 1 kg.

Btw, it's when you "assume" you make an "[wagon]" out of "u" and "me".

• 2 weeks later...

weight affects energy restoration speed, not draining speed

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

That being said, the best setup would be:

Bearhelm

Larupia Top

Black dhide legs

Earth/Lava Staff

Crystal Shield

Penance Gloves

Boots of Lightness

Spottier Cape

Fury

I believe you'll have about 100 for each melee defense, around 70 or so range defense and about 50 or so mage defense and weigh 0 or 1 kg.

I don't have Penance gloves, but I do have a basic Spirit shield. This setup is 0 kg and has Stab +102, Slash +112, Crush +119, Magic +39 and Ranged +105

Bearhelm

Larupia Top

Larupia Bottom

Lava Battlestaff

Spirit Shield

RFD Barrows gloves

Boots of Lightness

Spottier Cape

Fury

All 4 pouches (3 kg total)

That's an interesting theory, but wrong. Agility is what affects energy regeneration. I have 71 agility and regenerated 19 energy in 60 seconds carrying 45 kg, and 19 in 60 seconds carrying -3 kg.

redsnertz.png

Thats not true. If you have ALOT of weight, your energy will drain in 2% and 3% increments instead of 1%

Owned_Nex.png

At level 81 RC and using an Abyssal Parasite, here are my results for a 30 minute focused run. I started at Edge bank with full, freshly repaired pouches. Parasite had just been summoned, filled, and inventory topped off before Ourania teleport.

Gains:

Law 108

Nature 127

Cosmic 57

Death 161

Chaos 74

Astral 52

Soul 33

Blood 58

Exp 15,544

Losses:

Fire -833

Pure Ess -921

Super energy doses -16

No food used, but I was down about 15 HP at the end even using continous Rapid Heal prayer and appropriate defense prayers during runs. Still wasn't contemplating eating.

Update: Using prices on 2/22/09 and including the Parasite pouch, I made a profit of 17.5K for this half hour.

redsnertz.png

[hide=Above post]

At level 81 RC and using an Abyssal Parasite, here are my results for a 30 minute focused run. I started at Edge bank with full, freshly repaired pouches. Parasite had just been summoned, filled, and inventory topped off before Ourania teleport.

Gains:

Law 108

Nature 127

Cosmic 57

Death 161

Chaos 74

Astral 52

Soul 33

Blood 58

Exp 15,544

Losses:

Fire -833

Pure Ess -921

Super energy doses -16

No food used, but I was down about 15 HP at the end even using continous Rapid Heal prayer and appropriate defense prayers during runs. Still wasn't contemplating eating.

Update: Using prices on 2/22/09 and including the Parasite pouch, I made a profit of 17.5K for this half hour.

[/hide]

This is why I suggest using terrorbird. Although you get slightly more exp, you make much less money.

Owned_Nex.png

Ok, it's been a little while since I've posted on this, and there are a few things I need to say.

First off Pantim, Abyssal Lurker/Parasite will always be better than a Terrorbird, unless you don't have enough money to buy the initial Super Energies. But after an hour of RCing, that won't be the case. As long as you can buy some Super Energies, then using a Lurker/Parasite is the best answer. And I have a little information to back it up.

After last posting, I chose to gain another 300k xp via ZMI, mainly to just get my RC level higher, but also to test out some things. I used Fire Runes to bank, Super Energes (4), 0 kg, and Abyssal Lurkers.

I didn't track how many Essence I used though =\ However, with my calculations, it's 2.5k Essence/hour, roughly. Just depends on my pace for that hour.

Per hour, I did approximately 41-42 runs to the altar with a relaxed pace for myself, at lvl 83 RC; each run got me just slightly over 1000 xp. This would mean that I gained about 41-42k xp/hour. To make my banking quicker, I would drop any of the smaller insignificant runes while running; I profited roughly 50 gp per Essence at my level. If anything, it would be slightly higher profit.

Before, I used to teleport to CW instead of banking with Fire Runes. At a relaxed pace, I would gain 35-37k xp/hour, at a slightly lower level (80-81). This proves that Fire Rune banking is much better, and you still profit a significant amount.

Now, at least for me, using a Lurker/Parasite, it adds on roughly 2-3 seconds per run. Let's go with 3 seconds. If I do 42 runs per hour with a Lurker/Parasite, that's about 86 seconds per run (rounded up). Now, let's minus 3 seconds per run, 83 seconds per run. 43.37 runs, let's even round that up to 44 runs per hour. 44 runs/hour * 53 Essence (75 Rc using Fire Runes to bank) = 2,332 Essence per hour. So, with that, using a Lurker/Parasite, I have gained 200 Essence on you (earlier on my 2.5k Ess/hr calculation, I rounded down too) and those 200 Essence have cost you about 3.1k RC xp per hour. This is all within my rate of RCing, and I have also given you the benefit of the doubt in every aspect, rounding in favor of your RCing. I'm sure in reality, I would have gained 4-5k xp on you.

I do realize I had originally said 300-400 Essence per hour more using Parasites/Lurkers, however, that was using different RC methods, which I am right about. Also, I'm not taking Repairing pouches into these equations; I don't want to get too complicated. However, running through the Abyss just enhances the idea of using a Parasite/Lurker even more.

Okay, profit time. I use a Super Energy(4) every 3 runs. That's 14 Super Energy(4) potions per hour. At 1,500 each I think? That's 21,000 gold used up. Also roughly 6k per pouches per hour (Lurker for me, 4k each, rounded to 1.5 pouches per hour). For a Terrorbird, with the pouch and scrolls... I believe it'd come out to be about 1.8k loss per hour, with my stats. So the question is, can the extra 200 Essence cover 19,200 gold? I was getting 50 profit per Essence. 2,500 Essence * 50 = 125,000 profit per hour for me. At the time, Pure Essence was 135 each, so I made 185 income per Essence. 2,332 Essence * 185 = 431,420. Add the 19,200 on to it, that's 450,620 income per hour. 450,620/2332 = 193.23 income per essence, minus 135 and that's 58.23 profit per essence. 2332 Essence/hour * 58.23 profit = 135,792 profit per hour (rounded).

Summary = At 82 RC and 80 Agility

Approximately 42k RC xp and 125k profit per hour using an Abyssal Lurker

Approximately 38.8k RC xp and 135.8k profit per hour using a Spirit Terrorbird.

You choose.

Now, when looking at this, I would bet that if you used a Spirit Terrorbird UNDER 75 RC, you would gain a better xp and profit per hour than using a Parasite/Lurker. BUT ONLY if you are a fast RCer and use Fire Runes to bank. I would consider fast as 4 seconds are faster to bank. 5 seconds per bank would probably be about the same either way. I have no evidence to back this up though.

But, normally, I would say in all of this, under 75 RC, use a Terrorbird and Fire Runes to bank unless you are a fast RCer. Over 75, definitely use a Parasite/Lurker.

Remember, all of these calculations were considering you never had to repair pouches. It just made things easier. However, the information I brought into the post that I gathered was repairing pouches. It makes a small difference, and I ended up just using averages for it all. Nonetheless, it won't affect much.

After RCing some, I decided to change a few things. With Rapid Heal (or whatever the prayer is called) and Range prayer, you'll do just fine. There isn't a very big difference. So rather than what I said earlier (switching prayer), I've decided to say just Protect from Range and you'll be fine. It isn't a big hassle.

Also, using a Crystal Shield, and either a combination of Camo or Ghostly Robes with weight reducing items and low weight items, you can create a very very good equipment set up. Zaaps said the best setup thus far, although I would replace Fury with Glory, so you can teleport to Edgeville so you can repair your pouches easily. The only downside to the setup is that it is 1 kg rather than 0. But it's a very low factor.

I hope this helps some people. At 75+ Rc, Parasites/Lurkers will always be the best option for whatever method of RCing, using Super Energies, unless you are Graahk RCing.

codguy.png

Codguy.png