Can i barrow?

Igor

Well, at the minute i am free to play, but i am going to be mem in a month :)!

I heard a bit about barrows, and was wondering if i could do it well.

(in case my stats don't show in sig)

70 attack/67 Def/64 Str/46 Pray/63 Magic/67 Ranged/70 Hits

If you don't think i can, can you tell me what to train on??

Thank you all so very much!! :mrgreen:

Igor_U_Noobs.gif

tweaked.gif

If a man is not a worker, he is nothing.

BOSS.

get 70 range, and atleast 50+ prayer. higher magic hepls. othar wise you look good.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Sorry - but one more thing. What sort of budget should i need? I have about 1,5M now, but will i need much more to have good equipment?

I was able to make some fairly efficient barrows runs (and even got two barrows items in two consecutive runs) on a budget lower than half that size. So you should be ok, unless you want top of the line stuff. I'm cheap, so I used monk robes (for when I'm praying), farseer's helm (requires Fremmenik Trials quest), mystic boots and gloves, a god's cape (need to head up to mage arena in the wilderness for that), along with arrows equiped, and in my inventory I had some rune legs and plate (for not praying), a whip, d'hide body and legs with msb, one click teleport (things like Ectophial (ghost's ahoy quest), Elf Crystal (one of the mourning's ends quest, I think the first one) or even a teletab (buyable from the GE)), and DO NOT FORGET A SPADE I've done that a number of times, and it's not a walk across the street to get there. Then I'd take one pray pot just in case I have dharok or karil as my tunnel brother, and the rest are monkfish for food.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

The way I barrow is I take 2 Pray Pots and a Holy Wrench (Quest Item). I use Mystic and mage all of the Meelee Brothers using around 150 Slayer Darts (Requires 55 Slayer and a Slayer Staff).

For Karil If I have some spare Prayer I just Mage him, If I don't I put on my Guthans Top and Bottom and Melee him.

For Ahrim I Range him eith Rune xbow and I use Emerald (e) Bolts until he is poisened then Switch to Broad Tipped Bolts (need 55 Slay). I usally make 20-50k But that is because I use some money to buy Prayer Pots (exaggeratingly sometimes).

oh I take about 5-10 monks per trip and I don't eat them all, also right now till I run out I use my Bloated Leech (wich I made myself) and it's scrolls (it's effect is it raises lowered skills, but at the sacrifice of HP). Sometimes I might take a Combat Potion (Wich I made myself while Raising Herb) to Karil.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

You should def get slayer up to 55 for slayer staff, because it's pretty much very effective and the runes used for it are almost always given in the chest.

You may consider 70 def (if wearing barrows) and 70+ mage (for better accuracy; though people debate that barrow brothers have the lowest mage def in-game, they still can resist). I can fully mage ALL BROTHERS (including karil and ahrim) after about 80.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

So what about modern magics? is slayer dart much better than wind wave?

Slayer darts even better than fire wave.

Depends on your magic level

Wind wave's max is 17 and uses 1 blood per cast.

Slayer darts max is 10+ 10% of your magic level and uses 4 minds and 1 death.

Since deaths and bloods cost about the same;

If your magic level is less then 80 and above 62 there isn't any reason not to use wind wave.

80 and over slayer dart does more damage and is worth the extra cost (minds).

Remember wind wave uses one inventory slot less then slayer dart.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If your magic level is less then 80 and above 62 there isn't any reason not to use wind wave.

Slayer dart is better than any of the wave spells, doesnt matter what level, ive tested it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Slayer dart is better than any of the wave spells, doesnt matter what level, ive tested it.

How many runs did you test? When I went and used Wind Wave, I hit better than when I used Slayer Dart.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Ive tested using thousands of casts on green dragons and metal dragons and always killed more with slayer dart.

Except I didnt use wind I used fire and slayer dart still gave better results, I was hitting 17's very commonly.

The higher the spell, the more likely for a splash and less damage, so Wind Wave would be a better choice.

And since the brothers have a way different mage defense, there might be different outcomes.

True but my mage is also higher and I use mystic might, not sure if you do or not.

That is true, but you have to look at it from a level 63 mage viewpoint (the OP), and I think that whoever said that Wind Wave is better until 80 mage has a point.

poorly as in i'd struggle to do it once, or just not effectively in general?

You wouldn't struggle at all. I do it very quickly, just use wind wave because it saves you elemental runes if you use an air staff. I use addy bolts (e) on ahrims.(you should too if you can) In my opinion, barrows is very easy.(unless you screw up) Also, you should read over the tip.it barrow's guide a couple of times to get the basics down.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done