Way to go canada!

mk

I know this is gonna be locked to stop people filling the boards with bad vibes but I just wanted to say congrats to canada for a good call and move towards true equal rights.

As a g-- teenager who has spent time living in both canada and the uk I dont think theres so much difference between the laws of the uk and canada when it comes to g-- marriage or g-- relationships, but its important always to put it in writing, to give people the social security they need to express themselves.

We can all be proud that we live in a time when laws protect the discriminated and encourage and foster self expression.

After all the bad news we all see every day on tv and in the papers, its nice to notice something great has happened while we werent looking.

We, as a generation of people who benefit from the concept of a totally global community (via the internet) have played no small part in changing the world. Issues like global capitalism, labour laws, g-- rights and freedom of information have all been played out on online with the support and interest of people like us.

I think we should all feel smug.

[smug]mmmmm[/smug]

ps. appologies to mods for re-opening a locked topic, i just really needed to post on this topic since it was brough up. Please lock or remove this thread if you wish.

pps. why is the word g-- asterisked? its hardly a rude or offensive word.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for a second there you were being sarcastic and all...

Go Canada!

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

i see g.. people as just people. they should have the same rights as us, in new zeakand they also past that law about a month ago.

I don't see how they don't have the same rights as us... they have the right to marry a consenting adult of the opposite sex just like everyone else. It's not my fault if they don't want to exercise that right.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Thats true and its a good thing. It wouldnt be so great if it was illegal for a gay person to marry someone of the opposite sex, afterall, what would hollywood actors and pop stars do then?

also.. magical trevor is both very annoying and unbelievably addictive.

*mummbles*.. where is he now, disappearing the cow...

heh, i thought this topic was about canada day, which is today!

Go Canada anyway!

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

at least it's not in the U.S.

NEway, they have the same rights as us, why should they have extra rights? It's just not right, the whole point of a marriage was to reproduce, i don't exactly see how they would do that now.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

i see g.. people as just people. they should have the same rights as us, in new zeakand they also past that law about a month ago.

I don't see how they don't have the same rights as us... they have the right to marry a consenting adult of the opposite sex just like everyone else. It's not my fault if they don't want to exercise that right.

the right i ment was too marry the human being you love, they couldnt do that.

Pretty weird to compare a same sex marriage with quantity, Gehjl.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

NEway, they have the same rights as us, why should they have extra rights? It's just not right, the whole point of a marriage was to reproduce, i don't exactly see how they would do that now.

That's the classic argument..

However, there are lots of reasons now to get married aside from the whole children thing. Not only that, but there are lots of married couples who can't reproduce, or don't want to reproduce, and go into marriage knowing that they won't have kids. What about them?

IRKAa.jpg

I got a question, I really don't know this. I just thought of it...

If there are religious homosexual/lesbian people, are they allowed to marrie in church? Like other couples do (not always of course).

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

However, there are lots of reasons now to get married aside from the whole children thing. Not only that, but there are lots of married couples who can't reproduce, or don't want to reproduce, and go into marriage knowing that they won't have kids. What about them?

Yea, there's always situations. But besides the reproduction, it was just made. For easy sake and G rated.....the lightbulb works when you stick it in a socket. 2 lightbulbs or 2 sockets don't make light. and the classic "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve"

If there are religious homosexual/lesbian people, are they allowed to marrie in church? Like other couples do (not always of course).

it all depends on the church itself. A true Bible believing church would not marry a same sex couple. P.S. There is no such thing as a born-again believer who is homosexual. It's like a christian murderer. Don't get me wrong, if they repent, of course they can be forgiven, but they cannot follow Jesus and be G*y.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

With the new law, im not sure. I think they get the right to just like hetrosexuals, but im not sure if the church has to, or if it is their choice.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

The bill specifically states that priests etc do not have to perform same-sex marriages if they feel it infringes on their religious freedom. So no, they are not forced to.

Yea, there's always situations. But besides the reproduction, it was just made. For easy sake and G rated.....the lightbulb works when you stick it in a socket. 2 lightbulbs or 2 sockets don't make light. and the classic "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve"

it all depends on the church itself. A true Bible believing church would not marry a same sex couple. P.S. There is no such thing as a born-again believer who is homosexual. It's like a christian murderer. Don't get me wrong, if they repent, of course they can be forgiven, but they cannot follow Jesus and be G*y.

Of course they can follow Jesus and be homosexual!!! Just because it may be a sin that doesnt matter. Everyone sins so does that mean no one can follow Jesus? I dont belive in homosexual marriage and I am a true believer of Christ, but homosexuals are not denied the right to our Lord.

And the reason churches will not marry them is because they think that marriage is between a man and a woman. Not because they think that homosexuals are not christian

lope6jw0.jpg

If there are religious homosexual/lesbian people, are they allowed to marry in church? Like other couples do (not always of course).

Allowed, yes. Whether the church will marry them is a separate question, though church marriage for homosexuals has become common in Holland some time ago :). Collegue of my dad had a church marriage with his boyfriend.

A true Bible believing church would not marry a same sex couple.

Umm, hello??? So you, a 16-year old teenager or something close enough to that, are here to tell us which churches 'got it right' and which are actually heathens pretending to be Christians? You claim you know the 'right' interpretation of the bible? Like, yeah right.

It's time for some of the Christians on this board to realize that their own view of Christianity is not shared by all, and that that doesn't make their view better than that of everybody else.

Personally, I'm still of the opinion that the New Testament has nothing rudimentary against being homosexual. As for the Old Testament, well, that was written, what, 6-8000 years ago? The culture of that time cannot have done anything but influence the way it was written. And gee, we don't take stuff like this literally anymore, do we?

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

(When was the last time you saw a girl/woman wearing pants?)

If you enter your neighbor's vineyard, you may eat all the grapes you want, but do not put any in your basket.

Right, so taking fruit from someone else is not stealing as long as I eat it on the spot?

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

I could go on if I wanted, but I think this is enough to show why I do not take these parts of the bible that literally.

As for the new testament, I've yet to find a passage which explicitly forbids being homosexual. Therefor, I have no problem with it whatsoever.