Range Haters United!

Danno385

I must say honestly, range is the most annoying combat ever. I've got nothing against the skill itself, its just that

1: Without enchanted bolts you won't hit [****]

2:Enchanted Bolts cost a lot of [****ing] Cash

3: Melee does plenty of Damage, Melee weapons last forever (provided you don't die) and magic has practical uses. Range is good for zilch, except for crossbow agility shortcuts, and we all rarely use THOSE I'm sure.

But really, range is decent and I've got nothing against safespotting. In melee, we call it a Freakin' Hally!!!

Panzerlord

74 mage

80 str

71 def

72 att

SKILLCAPE IN AWESOMENESS

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> 8-)

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. They hide behind rocks so bigger monsters can't attack them, then attack two or three monsters at a time, not allowing others to get a chance to slay their own monster. (Monster hogging is so unpolite :shame: )

You've touched upon what is possibly the single most annoying aspect i encountered while training when i was f2p.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

tell me where you train range :shock:

Who?

you. #-o

I do spirit mages (550k profit\60k XP per hour) and use the profit to do chins (450k loss, 240k XP\hour), with 1.22 hours of chins per hour of spirit mages for an average of 160k XP per hour, free; same thing can be done with avansies.

I must say honestly, range is the most annoying combat ever. I've got nothing against the skill itself, its just that

1: Without enchanted bolts you won't hit [****]

Range is able to hit very effectively, even with plain or broad (11 gp per shot!) bolts.

2:Enchanted Bolts cost a lot of [****ing] Cash

Diamond bolts (e), the most expensive widely used bolts, cost a whopping 100k per hour.

3: Melee does plenty of Damage, Melee weapons last forever (provided you don't die) and magic has practical uses. Range is good for zilch, except for crossbow agility shortcuts, and we all rarely use THOSE I'm sure.

A ranger vs. a meleer of the same combat will DESTROY the meleer. Range is MASSIVLY overpowered; I've defeated maxed combat players (with an equivalent of 1.5x the offensive combat level) with 99 range. A skilled ranger is also able to take down a mage easily, though it is easier for them to kill a meleer. Ever since the release of crossbows Rangers have had a huge advantage over the combat triangle, being 3 times as fast to train as melee yet easily defeating it - even though melee is supposed to beat them!

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

and it does... go up to a dude in dragonhide and pull out dds and spec

gf ranger #-o

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

and it does... go up to a dude in dragonhide and pull out dds and spec

gf ranger #-o

My slash defence in my range outfit is 326. Ever seen what dd++ specs look like on super setted 99 defence with 300+ stab defence?

Here's a hint: The defence is considerably higher then veracs.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• 2 weeks later...
would you risk that in bh? :wall:

Nah, my BH outfit is around 280 slash. A lot more then those rune pures with 45 defence.

DeviledEgg24.png

Especially when combined with ancients (freeze em!) range is the best for combat, period. Someone with 99 range, def, hp, and mage, and 45 prayer, is 102 combat. Add some diamond (e)s and a pot, and you've got a maxed ranger. Someone with 99 atk, str, def, mage, and 43 prayer, is a max meleer, at 119 combat. For a 99 atk/str/hp meleer to be level 102, they would have to sacrifice 65 defence levels. 34 def against 99 range? Devastated. By hyrbriding armours you can have a massive defence with a good range attack too; and decent range gear is cheap.

Any money lost on low level ranging is negligible; at aviansies, I'm getting decent xp and 2m a day.

quit

Especially when combined with ancients (freeze em!) range is the best for combat, period. Someone with 99 range, def, hp, and mage, and 45 prayer, is 102 combat. Add some diamond (e)s and a pot, and you've got a maxed ranger. Someone with 99 atk, str, def, mage, and 43 prayer, is a max meleer, at 119 combat. For a 99 atk/str/hp meleer to be level 102, they would have to sacrifice 65 defence levels. 34 def against 99 range? Devastated. By hyrbriding armours you can have a massive defence with a good range attack too; and decent range gear is cheap.

Any money lost on low level ranging is negligible; at aviansies, I'm getting decent xp and 2m a day.

melee is overpowered.

[yt]2EWpW_MBi0Q[/yt]

gf :shock: :wall: :o :ohnoes: -.-

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

melee is overpowered.

[yt]2EWpW_MBi0Q[/yt]

gf :shock: :wall: :o :ohnoes: -.-

Err... that was a very nice video of the (since fixed) Drag Dagger\Void glitch. What's your point?

DeviledEgg24.png

• 2 weeks later...

ever tried hitting on someone with acctual armour?

d bow tends to spec 8-8 unless i pot and pray :wall:

arcane_stew.png

ever tried hitting on someone with acctual armour?

d bow tends to spec 8-8 unless i pot and pray :wall:

*looks at 82 range* Himm, I can't see the problem. *looks at 82 range* Himm, I can't see the problem. *looks at 82 range* Himm, I can't see the problem. *looks at 82 range* Himm, I can't see the problem.

Oh wait! I get it! Your already almost to the melee levels where a meleer with the same defence would be fighting a 99 ranger! So yeah, if your lacking 17 range levels, your going to find it kind of pathetic. Same thing if I took 17 levels off your attack or strength then asked you to go try and hit a maxed tank.

DeviledEgg24.png

I generally fight lvl 100+ people and win if that helps \'

Yet the dark bow spec still fails to hit high... -.-

arcane_stew.png

I generally fight lvl 100+ people and win if that helps \'

Yet the dark bow spec still fails to hit high... -.-

Thanks, that was precisely my point. Your range level is far below your combat; obviously it will fail on similar combats. Fight a level 70 and watch the d bow work its magic.

DeviledEgg24.png

With your current range level, you would be level 66 without defence, level 82 with your defence level.

DeviledEgg24.png

you must not have counted my melee stats -.-

Hence the term 'range' combat level. I'm glad you grasp that concept.

DeviledEgg24.png

well your not going to get 70 def without any combat stats -.-

Nope. Thankfully, as long as you keep your melee stats below 1.5x your range, it won't affect your combat level.

DeviledEgg24.png

i'm doing spiders because i need to get 99 range before some dude named L---I--M--E

lol

should be around 94 combat then :D

arcane_stew.png

Wonderful. Thanks for the update.

Out of curiosity, why are you using a ~50k per hour method to train at a cost? Chinchompas + avansies = 160k XP\hour free, more then 3x the maximum available with melee. Range: +1, Melee: -1.

DeviledEgg24.png