Range Haters United!

Danno385

What about when the ranger attack a monster and kills 60% of it and kills another one?

What about it? He'd have to be pretty darn lucky to be able to grab another spawn just as he manage to hit 50% off the HP of the other monster, and it would certainly degrade his XP\hour. And he'd have to be safespotting, so every 2 minutes (at the most), he has to run out and grab his drops, getting hit and letting the meleer grab his monster. That's why few people safespot these days, and why the problem you mentioned is tiny.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about when the ranger attack a monster and kills 60% of it and kills another one?

What about it? He'd have to be pretty darn lucky to be able to grab another spawn just as he manage to hit 50% off the HP of the other monster, and it would certainly degrade his XP\hour. And he'd have to be safespotting, so every 2 minutes (at the most), he has to run out and grab his drops, getting hit and letting the meleer grab his monster. That's why few people safespot these days, and why the problem you mentioned is tiny.

Well people do this when they have a slayer task for example hellhounds and they have generally no drops so they dont have to pick the drops up. As long as the person is going to finish their slayer task they might not care about the ranged xp. And Hellhounds have a rather fast spawn rate and if the meleers dont kill the almost dead ones it gets to the point of 90% of them being almsot dead and everyone is forced to kill the half dead ones.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Well people do this when they have a slayer task for example hellhounds and they have generally no drops so they dont have to pick the drops up. As long as the person is going to finish their slayer task they might not care about the ranged xp. And Hellhounds have a rather fast spawn rate and if the meleers dont kill the almost dead ones it gets to the point of 90% of them being almsot dead and everyone is forced to kill the half dead ones.

Hellhounds drop a lot of charms, well worth picking up. And for slayer, apparently most people don't realize that the XP is split 50\50 between the person who dealt the most damage and the person who hit the last hit, effectively halving the slayer XP of those ranging who leave them nearly dead :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Hellhounds drop a lot of charms, well worth picking up. And for slayer, apparently most people don't realize that the XP is split 50\50 between the person who dealt the most damage and the person who hit the last hit, effectively halving the slayer XP of those ranging who leave them nearly dead :roll:

Hellhound tasks can be hell (no pun intended) for anyone to complete normally. The ranger can be a no Summoning idiot or just want to finish the task fast. With the 50/50 split the ranger does get a "kill" (if he has 160 to kill he will now have 159) Killing them about 30% faster but only getting half the xp (agian people will do this if they want to do a task quickly)

Another thing of this that annoys me is the fact that when the Hound is half dead and nothing is attacking it the HP bar will disappear making the other players attack it thinking its full health.

Edit~~ When I go to fight Aviansies there is usually one pure there who kills one Aviansie to almost dead and then attacks another and it dosen't hurt them because they are praying.

Also the only drops they pick up are the Adamant Bars and the Rune Daggers (p+).

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Hellhound tasks can be hell (no pun intended) for anyone to complete normally. The ranger can be a no Summoning idiot or just want to finish the task fast. With the 50/50 split the ranger does get a "kill" (if he has 160 to kill he will now have 159) Killing them about 30% faster but only getting half the xp (agian people will do this if they want to do a task quickly)

Another thing of this that annoys me is the fact that when the Hound is half dead and nothing is attacking it the HP bar will disappear making the other players attack it thinking its full health.

Edit~~ When I go to fight Aviansies there is usually one pure there who kills one Aviansie to almost dead and then attacks another and it dosen't hurt them because they are praying.

Also the only drops they pick up are the Adamant Bars and the Rune Daggers (p+).

That's the rangers loss, and the meleers gain. They get to damage less then half of the hellhounds hp for more slayer XP. What's the problem? As for avansies, how often do you go? I've gotten at least 10k addy bars there, and I've seen a pure doing that.. once. I just attacked whatever monster he was attacking (My void + 15% range pray + throwing rings + constantly potted 96 range out hit his monk robes + broad bolts by nearly 3 to 1), and I got faster kills for the 10 minutes until he hopped. I wouldn't exactly call it common, though.

DeviledEgg24.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

That's the rangers loss, and the meleers gain. They get to damage less then half of the hellhounds hp for more slayer XP. What's the problem? As for avansies, how often do you go? I've gotten at least 10k addy bars there, and I've seen a pure doing that.. once. I just attacked whatever monster he was attacking (My void + 15% range pray + throwing rings + constantly potted 96 range out hit his monk robes + broad bolts by nearly 3 to 1), and I got faster kills for the 10 minutes until he hopped. I wouldn't exactly call it common, though.

What sucks is when the melee wants charms and the ranger doesn't. The Avansies thing only troubles people with like 65- range but just forget about the whole aviansie thing.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

What sucks is when the melee wants charms and the ranger doesn't. The Avansies thing only troubles people with like 65- range but just forget about the whole aviansie thing.

Ok, so rangers have a small advantage in that meleers will get somewhat less charms when fighting a ranger at hellhounds who safespots without picking up his arrows and leaves the charms on the ground, but it's mostly balanced by the extra slayer XP from the meleer. Point coincided. :wall:

DeviledEgg24.png

You're kidding? Have you tried to swing a REAL battle axe before? They are about twenty pounds. And rangers have quivers on their legs, so all they have to do is do the fluid motion of pulling up, out and release. Battle axes have to swing HARD and then recoil back without being hit.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I hate rangers ecspecialy when they attack 3 monsters in a busy training spot standing behind a rock. Then in PVP and over minigames where you can attack each other and they can shoot AND run at the same time. I mean how many real life rangers can shoot people in real life!!!!

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

Ffs and lol..

I skipped clear from page 2 to here. I couldn't take it anymore. It appears there is only one person it the whole game who knows everything and pays attention. What is wrong with all these meleers not paying attention. I mean an observation that I have seen over and over boils down to nobody in the game is just paying attention? So, you know who I am talking about. You know all this to be fact, your high faluting dazzling bs and all. So you know for a fact there is nothing it in the coding or something that does give range or mage and advantage at first strike? I am not saying there is. But having looked around, you really need to come down to the planet. So you work for Jagex and know that there is nothing in this coding or something. I mean observations by the majority of players go against your bs. So seriously, tech talk sounds good, but.........Quit trying to be so damn impressive all the time and come down here with the rest of us on planet earth. I would joke here now or something, but we all know there is no place for joking on TIF boards, now is there?

Lighten up.

Btw, I have been training range the last several days myself. Yes, I hate training range and mage. Mage does have some pretty cool spells once you start getting it up there though. Especially when you have all three spell books. Both blow goat balls as far as training if you ask me.

Edit: you know the old saying? "If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with BS". You do a good job at working both sides of that one.

Before long no one will even be able to rant anymore without fear on a lesson in particle physics or something else off the wall.

Anytime I want to improve my connection I will just range, cause I obviously have a better connection whenever I do.

in4F.gif

Ffs and lol..

I skipped clear from page 2 to here. I couldn't take it anymore. It appears there is only one person it the whole game who knows everything and pays attention. What is wrong with all these meleers not paying attention. I mean an observation that I have seen over and over boils down to nobody in the game is just paying attention? So, you know who I am talking about. You know all this to be fact, your high faluting dazzling bs and all. So you know for a fact there is nothing it in the coding or something that does give range or mage and advantage at first strike? I am not saying there is. But having looked around, you really need to come down to the planet. So you work for Jagex and know that there is nothing in this coding or something. I mean observations by the majority of players go against your bs. So seriously, tech talk sounds good, but.........Quit trying to be so damn impressive all the time and come down here with the rest of us on planet earth. I would joke here now or something, but we all know there is no place for joking on TIF boards, now is there?

Lighten up.

Btw, I have been training range the last several days myself. Yes, I hate training range and mage. Mage does have some pretty cool spells once you start getting it up there though. Especially when you have all three spell books. Both blow goat balls as far as training if you ask me.

Edit: you know the old saying? "If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with BS". You do a good job at working both sides of that one.

Before long no one will even be able to rant anymore without fear on a lesson in particle physics or something else off the wall.

Anytime I want to improve my connection I will just range, cause I obviously have a better connection whenever I do.

Really? No, no, it couldn't be anything simple like, the ranger clicking on the monster first. It must be Jagex favoring rangers in their coding. Look, this isn't particle physics. When in doubt, go for the simplest explanation. I rarely, if ever, lose a monster to rangers thanks to fast clicking and low lag. It's not some Jagex conspiracy against meleer and magers. Simple enough?

DeviledEgg24.png

I said nothing of it being a conspiracy. Ffs. But funny how I can almost always beat out someone when I range. And can get beat out a lot by rangers or mages when I melee. And I think a lot of others will agree with that. Lord forbid you have to choke on your pride and go back on your latency theory. Not saying that doesn't have an effect on it. But this happens consistently day in and day out to a majority. So it is possible that there is some kind of priority in there somewhere. Not saying there is. But years of an observation by many, not a few, would lead to thinking there are other factors besides connection and how much the player is paying attention.

But I do understand you know it all. There is no way your facts are just that, the facts. There is no possible way it could deviate at all from what you said. Why you ask. Cause your word is law and final.

and just because you roll like that.

Edit: Also, why do people feel the need to quote so much in this forum. I can understand when your replying to a post on another page on the thread or even several posts back. But seriously. When you are replying to the last post, I think most people can usually follow without so many freaking quotes. Does everyone here doubt everyone elses comprehension and the ability to follow dialogue?

in4F.gif

I said nothing of it being a conspiracy. Ffs.

Conspiracy: A group of conspirators banded together to achieve some harmful or illegal purpose

Jagex seeking to give rangers an advantage by letting them get monsters first, irregardless of who attacked the monster first, comes awfully close to a 'conspiracy'. Sounds a lot like some 911 and Holocaust theory I have heard.

But funny how I can almost always beat out someone when I range. And can get beat out a lot by rangers or mages when I melee. And I think a lot of others will agree with that.

Or, it could just be that you don't position yourself alone one of the 'shadow lines' of the monster, and thus have to move to attack it, giving ranger a large advantage. There's a few more explanations then 'TEH JAGIXERZ LOVE DA RNGERZ'

Lord forbid you have to choke on your pride and go back on your latency theory. Not saying that doesn't have an effect on it.

My 'latency theory' is me saying that connection latency isn't as big of a factor compared to human reaction times. Please read my posts before posting such nonsense.

But this happens consistently day in and day out to a majority. So it is possible that there is some kind of priority in there somewhere. Not saying there is. But years of an observation by many, not a few, would lead to thinking there are other factors besides connection and how much the player is paying attention.

Your not saying there is a priority? Then what are you saying? Years of observation by many people? All I've seen so far is you and a couple of other people in this thread complaining about rangers getting monster before them, while I've never had any problem getting monsters before rangers.

But I do understand you know it all. There is no way your facts are just that, the facts. There is no possible way it could deviate at all from what you said. Why you ask. Cause your word is law and final.

and just because you roll like that.

This happens to be an argument about facts, not personal opinions. Personal attack won't help you out.

Edit: Also, why do people feel the need to quote so much in this forum. I can understand when your replying to a post on another page on the thread or even several posts back. But seriously. When you are replying to the last post, I think most people can usually follow without so many freaking quotes. Does everyone here doubt everyone elses comprehension and the ability to follow dialogue?

It makes the conversation easy to follow and allows a point-by-point discussion on a post.

I thought I heard something. Oh well, musta been the wind.

Would you at least try to argue logically? I'm stating my opinion, and trying to back it up. Attacking me personally certainly isn't going to work.

DeviledEgg24.png

*looks at 16m range xp*

hm

well sometimes i get pissed at meleers too.

for me, ive just seen it as a personal preference. some people like meleeing, some like ranging, others like magic.

many like a combination of those. theres idiots in every combat class, so just try to deal with it.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I don't see how anyone can make a rant on Melee/Ranging being over or underpowered, especially when you go consider magic, a max of 30/32 with 99? thats what people should really consider when they make these posts.

So obviously, In my opinion, Melee and range are fine, Magic is the only which needs an update.

I don't like how rangers can hit their max consistently, or at least on F2P. Sure, someone maxed in melee can hit a 32 with a rune 2h, but they don't.

I also don't like how high level rangers can hit through armor. It seems that at a higher level, the combat triangle goes to [cabbage], and range > melee > magic.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I don't like how rangers can hit their max consistently, or at least on F2P. Sure, someone maxed in melee can hit a 32 with a rune 2h, but they don't.

I also don't like how high level rangers can hit through armor. It seems that at a higher level, the combat triangle goes to [cabbage], and range > melee > magic.

um, ive tried pking with range in f2p, its not fun. theres strength beasts running around with r2h's hitting mid 20's and my max is 18, even with prayer. about the only advantage is that range is the fastest fighting style. magic blows in f2p, so really its usually melee > range > magic

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I guess my post will break down to cover a few issues:

1:Attack priorities: When I train range, I usually can beat anyone using melee, but they usually are in a bad position. Mage has one of the most unfair advantages for first strike, though: Cast [damage spell] > then wait for the spawn and click. This bypasses the need to right-click and select the attack option for monsters higher level than yourself.

2:Training: I started really getting into range recently, mostly because I have high defense from melee training and can deal with leaving safe spots. What I really enjoy is accuracy and max hit are both related to my range level, where it gets split when it comes to melee. However, there are drawbacks. As with most training, when it comes to good xp, there's usually a crowd. I find I have to be less kind sometimes if I want to get my kills. Be it to someone using melee, magic, or range.

3:Combat triangle: People often see range as being overpowered over melee, but this is not entirely true. When using a safe spot, a ranger may be able to take out someone who fights using melee, but generally the melee armor offers better range protection bonuses than range gear offers to melee protection. Further things that factor into it are the overall combat stats and equipment.

2. They hide behind rocks so bigger monsters can't attack them, then attack two or three monsters at a time, not allowing others to get a chance to slay their own monster. (Monster hogging is so unpolite :shame: )

If you can't beat them, join them! I used to be annoyed, but now I do it too and I love it <3:

Lol @ people talking about how a ranger would need to pull back a bow and all. It's not like that's the only damn unrealistic thing here.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Hellhound tasks can be hell (no pun intended)

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Hellhound tasks can be hell (no pun intended)

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns

Someone else reads Maddox! Yay! Very true though :wall:

DeviledEgg24.png

• 2 weeks later...