Dharok beats Bandos so bad *Revamped Again*

yanksrule

ok what would u prefur. Dh with d boots,barrows glove,fury,bezrkr,fire cape,

Or bandos pl8-leg d boot,barrow glove,fury,godsword,fire cape,bezrkr,helm neitznot

Hands down bandos win

huh :-s? first off.... we're talking about tassets.... not plate... 2nd off... you're spelling is horrendous. third- i'd prefer dharok plate over bandos plate if i was to be going somewhere that has powerful monsters. if i was going to kill like greater demons then i'd bring myself bandos plate. right now i bring fighter torso which has +4 strength bonus (which is the same as bandos plate anyway) so right not your response seems rather bleak.

and you know what?! dragon boots are better than bandos boots!! they have a +4 strength bonus and bandos has none! bandos boots are 1.1m and dragon boots are 230k and falling.

god damn it jagex! you made quite possibly the dumbest armor ever and introduced it to the dumbest crowd i've ever seen!

oh this topic is getting revamped to how stupid bandos armor is in a whole....

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...you do know the entire reason bandos boots have value is because of the GWD, right?

Drama queen.

Look up zammy or sara bracers sometime, they're inferior to barrows gloves and barely noticable when worn, but they still have value for the same reason. There's a reason the sara and zammy bracers are at 270k and 370k ea when guthix sell for 11.5..

Lol...you do know the entire reason bandos boots have value is because of the GWD, right?

Drama queen.

Look up zammy or sara bracers sometime, they're inferior to barrows gloves and barely noticable when worn, but they still have value for the same reason. There's a reason the sara and zammy bracers are at 270k and 370k ea when guthix sell for 11.5..

lol... you do know that dharok helm is better than dragon full helm because of mithril dragons right?

point= invalid.

cacmypants= bandos boots and bandos pool have nothing to do with each other. at all. not even relevant. not even close. not even in the same ballpark. or country.

1004.png

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Im P2P, 90 defence and i use Runite for my armor. i Win. ::'

personally, it all depends on what the USER prefers. i personally want full bandos because i've never been a fan of repairing and who knows? barrows "Might" break on you at the worst possible moment, bandos you wont need to even think of it. plus depending on your Defence Level, (Me for Example) i can compensate the Difference in defensive stats with my defence level so the Str Bonus is a Bonus to me, even if its slight.

Popoto.~<3

ok what would u prefur. Dh with d boots,barrows glove,fury,bezrkr,fire cape,

Or bandos pl8-leg d boot,barrow glove,fury,godsword,fire cape,bezrkr,helm neitznot

Hands down bandos win

huh :-s? first off.... we're talking about tassets.... not plate... 2nd off... you're spelling is horrendous. third- i'd prefer dharok plate over bandos plate if i was to be going somewhere that has powerful monsters. if i was going to kill like greater demons then i'd bring myself bandos plate. right now i bring fighter torso which has +4 strength bonus (which is the same as bandos plate anyway) so right not your response seems rather bleak.

and you know what?! dragon boots are better than bandos boots!! they have a +4 strength bonus and bandos has none! bandos boots are 1.1m and dragon boots are 230k and falling.

god damn it jagex! you made quite possibly the dumbest armor ever and introduced it to the dumbest crowd i've ever seen

oh this topic is getting revamped to how stupid bandos armor is in a whole....

1. Wow u who the CENSOR cares about spelling -.-

2. I sed d boots u CENSOR in both of the sets....

3. Bandos pl8 gives much more def. than torso LOL

King, tone your language down or further action will be taken ~assassin

king_kapugen.png

Drama queen.

lol... you do know that dharok helm is better than dragon full helm because of mithril dragons right?

point= invalid.

cacmypants= bandos boots and bandos pool have nothing to do with each other. at all. not even relevant. not even close. not even in the same ballpark. or country.

I don't know wtf you're on about, but this comment invalidates your opinions completely.

They have everything to do with each other. You were [bleep]ing about bandos boot's price, when the entire reason they are worth something (along with the sara and zammy bracers) is because people wear them when doing the GWD to protect themselves from that god's minions. I have a pair myself, even though I hate the look, for slayering in the Bandos encampment. He was mentioning that he doesn't wear the boots because he uses the Bandos pool instead, but a lot of people including myself prefer to just use the boots because it doesn't wear off in one hour and doesn't force you to travel halfway around the map.

Nobody is so deluded to think that Bandos boots are better than dragon, they wear them for one reason and one alone; for use in the GWD. If it were not for the GWD, I could easily see the price on those boots dropping to the 400k range.

Not to mention your comment that bandos armor is just not useful is about as far fetched as it comes. Bandos plate is the perfect combination between defense and strength bonus for training in most cases, and honestly, when training, the +6 strength you are losing by wearing dh will affect you much more than the 30ish defense. On a max strength player, that's an xp increase on average of around 2-3k more xp per hour at the cost of nothing you will miss.

Honestly, the impression I'm getting from your thread is of somebody who is jealous that he can't afford the latest status armor and so is dissing everybody else that can.

I say they both suck. Get a proselyte plate with a verac's skirt and use piety. Beats both of them rather easily. And let's not forget that the bandos plate gives a prayer bonus. I don't see dharok's plate doing that.

You are kidding...right?

I say they both suck. Get a proselyte plate with a verac's skirt and use piety. Beats both of them rather easily. And let's not forget that the bandos plate gives a prayer bonus. I don't see dharok's plate doing that.

You are kidding...right?

Not in the least. +23% strength and +20% attack is quite an immense boost. And there's that +25% defence boost that makes up for the pathetic defence of proselyte.

You are kidding...right?

Not in the least. +23% strength and +20% attack is quite an immense boost. And there's that +25% defence boost that makes up for the pathetic defence of proselyte.

I agree with you on everything except the pathetic +1 prayer of bandos. Ever noticed that verac's skirt is +6 prayer? Barrows 1, Bandos 0. But yes, veracs skirt\proslyte top will out hit, out defend, and generally out-do bandos.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

You are kidding...right?

I agree with you on everything except the pathetic +1 prayer of bandos. Ever noticed that verac's skirt is +6 prayer? Barrows 1, Bandos 0. But yes, veracs skirt\proslyte top will out hit, out defend, and generally out-do bandos.

I'm not saying that the +1 prayer will do much good, I'm just throwing that out there. Besides 1 is better than none.

[hide=]

Drama queen.

point= invalid.

I don't know wtf you're on about, but this comment invalidates your opinions completely.

They have everything to do with each other. You were [bleep] about bandos boot's price, when the entire reason they are worth something (along with the sara and zammy bracers) is because people wear them when doing the GWD to protect themselves from that god's minions. I have a pair myself, even though I hate the look, for slayering in the Bandos encampment. He was mentioning that he doesn't wear the boots because he uses the Bandos pool instead, but a lot of people including myself prefer to just use the boots because it doesn't wear off in one hour and doesn't force you to travel halfway around the map.

Nobody is so deluded to think that Bandos boots are better than dragon, they wear them for one reason and one alone; for use in the GWD. If it were not for the GWD, I could easily see the price on those boots dropping to the 400k range.

Not to mention your comment that bandos armor is just not useful is about as far fetched as it comes. Bandos plate is the perfect combination between defense and strength bonus for training in most cases, and honestly, when training, the +6 strength you are losing by wearing dh will affect you much more than the 30ish defense. On a max strength player, that's an xp increase on average of around 2-3k more xp per hour at the cost of nothing you will miss.

Honestly, the impression I'm getting from your thread is of somebody who is jealous that he can't afford the latest status armor and so is dissing everybody else that can.

[/hide]

i started to mention bandos boots AFTER i said that. not before. i should have said that but i didn't think i had too. actually come to think of it i did. i read your post about why he said that and you were right about that and i withdraw that statement about it not being relevant. apologies. regardless i still dismiss bandos armor being of any use other than them being used in gwd. i don't think that buying 1.1m for boots is a good idea for recreational use other than gw but for that use it's a good investment. cacmypants had it right when he said he used to pool instead of buying the boots. i'd rather borrow em for X amount of hours instead of buying em. even if i end up spending more than 1.1m rather spend 1.1m in the long run than right away. car makers even know that. people still haven't bought their houses because of a mortgage that they took out. fixed payments is what i like and a lot of people do as well. i got off topic a little bit sorry, just don't want this getting into another discussion about how renting is dumb.

by the way you saying that i didn't say they'd be not useful is a lie. i said that if you were to kill things that require a quazi high defense then, yes it would be a good idea to bring it. but then again, if you're going to bring something like a sgs, bunyip or unicorn that can just heal you rapidly and you're health is not an issue, then bringing a fighter torso is the better choice. i did not state that bringing bandos armor entirely is a dumb idea. i stated that it's not good if you don't often go kill things that are feeble such as maybe greater demons, or for the lesser levels, lesser demons (no pun intended).

oh yes. the impression your getting is right but it's not the case. it's something that it is shown but the way in how you said it is rather snide so i'm not appreciating it. i have 25m to my name and i have a 3 month investment in my kingdom that i'm expecting a 10m+ grant from by the end of december. i can afford full bandos but, it'd be a dumb idea because... well OF HOW STUPID IT'D BE TO GET IT. hence the reason of the thread. i did research, obviously, about bandos armor before i did the ignorant thing of buying it before looking at the stats. quite frankly the +6 strength bonus is not worth as much money as i'd like.

you can choose not to believe i have enough money but it's really irrelevant to the topic. i can talk about how i blew 400k yesterday on chocolate dust so that i can make energy potions that barely make a dent on my herblore exp, or how i have 51 glory's that i refuse to sell because i hate charging them, perhaps maybe that i have 5k mithril enchanted bolts i have because it'd be better to be prepared when you go to steel dragons then not prepared. or maybe how i had 2m in coal that i didn't use that i got from my kingdom that i didn't even touch for over 4 months because i just didn't have the initiative to go out and train smithing. it's now down to 5k coal (nearly 1m) because i killed cockroaches and got some mithril ore. the fact that none of my runes fall below the 1.1k amount level could be a sign of amount insecurity and money negligence but really that's not a problem. if you want a bank picture, i'd be happy to show you one. if you want me to post one, ok fine. but really at 114 combat it's expected to have as much money i do isn't it?

you could do the verac skirt, prosolyte plate, piety argument for any form of meele. it's just a wild card. i also don't like it because you have to use prayer potions but i'd imagine it would take a little bit of time for that to happen but not one that i could see that makes much of an impact.

i think all the arrows were pulled out of my chest. can some one check if i missed something?

1004.png

Name a single situation where bandos is the armor-of-choice. Just one will do. Any type of monster hunting: verac's skirt + proslyte top + 10% strength pray. Any type of PVP (except against a ranger) results in dharok\verac smoking bandos badly.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Name a single situation where bandos is the armor-of-choice. Just one will do. Any type of monster hunting: verac's skirt + proslyte top + 10% strength pray. Any type of PVP (except against a ranger) results in dharok\verac smoking bandos badly.

I know! When you want to look "intimidating" - IN A SKIRT! lol

In places where you won't really be getting hit much Bandos beats Barrows. Just because you have 5 less pray doesn't mean that you can't piety. The 7 strength bonus for top and bottom raises your max by almost 2 over dharok.

Yeah over all Dharok is better to have, and really Bandos probably isn't worth it, but it can be helpful. You can't say that Bandos isn't better in places like Dusties or Greaters where that little extra strength bonus can speed it up a bit.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

IF you re fighting in a place where you are constantly taking damage, (Bosses etc...) then DH is better. But standard training, where you are not getting hit, BANDOS and its +2 str wins.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

IF you re fighting in a place where you are constantly taking damage, (Bosses etc...) then DH is better. But standard training, where you are not getting hit, BANDOS and its +2 str wins.

In places where you won't really be getting hit much Bandos beats Barrows. Just because you have 5 less pray doesn't mean that you can't piety. The 7 strength bonus for top and bottom raises your max by almost 2 over dharok.

Yeah over all Dharok is better to have, and really Bandos probably isn't worth it, but it can be helpful. You can't say that Bandos isn't better in places like Dusties or Greaters where that little extra strength bonus can speed it up a bit.

+13 prayer vs. +6 strength. Not really a contest, your prayer will drain WAY faster with bandos. That 'little extra' +10% or piety prayer can speed it up a lot.

DeviledEgg24.png

+13 prayer vs. +6 strength. Not really a contest, your prayer will drain WAY faster with bandos. That 'little extra' +10% or piety prayer can speed it up a lot.

Your only loosing 3 pray on not using Veracs Skirt. Then you also get 1+ pray with Bandos top, so basically your only loosing 2 Pray bonus. Not sure if i'm missing something, but not sure where you got 13 pray, unless you want to use Verac body, but you loose 4 strength for 4 pray, and alot of def.

6+ strength is definitely > than 2 pray.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

if i gave any one seizures because of my wall of text, i'm sorry lol. it's actually kind of a good thing to read because it has some valid points in there. i'm not seeing any one post some valid points about how bandos is totally awesome and needed.

i can agree with the whole, menacing skirt argument. all tassets looks like is a shabby skirt anyway. chest plate does looks sick though with slayer helm on i must admit. i'd buy that just to have the cool feeling of looking at myself looking like that :roll: . otherwise it's a complete waist of time, money and pixels.

1004.png

Your only loosing 3 pray on not using Veracs Skirt. Then you also get 1+ pray with Bandos top, so basically your only loosing 2 Pray bonus. Not sure if i'm missing something, but not sure where you got 13 pray, unless you want to use Verac body, but you loose 4 strength for 4 pray, and alot of def.

6+ strength is definitely > than 2 pray.

Try +4 pray for verac's skirt, with +8 from proslyte body. *sigh*. +12 prayer > +6 strength when your praying +10% strength\piety.

DeviledEgg24.png

The strength bonus added by Bandos adds +1 to your max hit, but has lower defense, so Bandos is good for enemies with low attack. Dharok has higher defense, so it is better for monsters with high attack. The prayer bonus on Bandos is almost completely irrelevant because it is so low, but is a nice bonus for what its worth, though if you want prayer go the Verac route.

41166338jj7.png

click my (very bad) siggy for blog

Sure it would drain faster, but I said, in places where you are constantly training. Using P pots and banking every once on a while is not idea. Sure, your prayer WOULD last longer, but in the LONG run, Bandos wins. Its like the story of the tortois and the hare. The hare is abviously "better" at first, but eventually, the turtle wins.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?