Soloing the KBD

Kirtash

Hey. I tried to solo the king black dragon yesterday, but it didnt go very well, i managed to kill 2, but i wasted a lot of prayer pots and food, so i need some advice.

My equipment:

Black Mask (i have black dragons as a task atm)

Glory

Black d'hide body

Black d'hide legs

Whip

Antifire shield (the cheap one, whatever its called)

Barrow Gloves (i dont have 70 slayer for dragon slayer gloves)

Dragon Boots

Legend's cape

Ring of Wealth

I looked for some guides before going, only found one, and it said to wear high magic defence, and pray melee... so thats what i did.

My inventory:

1 Super antipoison

1 Super Set

1 Antifire

4 Prayer pots

Games neck, Teletab

And the rest monkfish.

Stats are 70 att, 70 str, 79 def, 79 hp, 70 pray and 58 summoning. I also have 81 range, if there's a viable ranging method and 75 magic, but i doubt you can mage it.

Oh btw, i didnt bring a terrorbird because i was just testing if i actually could kill it, i have no problems bringing one in future trips :P.

So, tell me what i did wrong, what should i wear, etc. Whatever info. you can give me will help, thanks in advance.

Kirtash101.png

Yeah, suggesting that people with a dangerous predisposition towards addiction replace Runescape with drinking is a great idea.

Firstly u need more than 1 anti poison

Secondly your meant to mage protect against kbd, if anything

Thirldy you wanna range him with ruby (e) or diamond (e) or d stone (e) bolts

If you range he will NOT come to you so you only have to deal with his breath and the range damage he seems to randomly deal.

Going in a small team i always range, take about 10 sharks, 10 anti fires and an anti poison. I never need to prayer and we can kill about 20 of em b4 I gotta bank

For solo take some alching stuff to get rid of rune drops etc there, use the mage prayer and iu shuld easily get thru 5+ per trip

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hi, well I just started soloing the kbd yesterday for slayer tasks, I found its a lot of fun, and I got my first visage off it him last night. \' Anyway, I get 8-12 kills per trip, so I thought I'd let you know my set up.

Wear:

Slayer Helmet

Glory

Proselyte hauberk

Proselyte cuisse

Whip

Dragonfire Shield

Barrows Gloves

Dragon Boots

Obsidian cape

Ring of Wealth

Inventory:

1 Super antipoison

1 Super Set

1 Antifire

6 Prayer pots

Teletab

The rest pineapple pizzas (11hp per bite is plenty for kbd if you keep protect from melee on. heal more than sharks total, and are cheap)

I also bring my war tortoise filled with more pineapple pizza (or terrorbird if im out of tortoise pouches).

In addition, I always keep protect from melee on and I use piety constantly, the piety is optional, but I believe protect from melee with prayer gear is still a good bet whether you piety or not.

Hoep this helps.

Ak_slayer.png

Dragon Drops: 5x Medium Helm, 3x Plateskirt, 46x Boots, 2x Platelegs, 1x spear, 1x Chain

Solo TDS Drops: 2x Dragon Claws 1x Ruined Armor Piece

Solo DK Drops: 1x Dragon Axe 1x Archer Ring

Solo God Wars Drops: 1x Bandos Tassets 1x Bandos Hilt

Draconic visage: 11/9/08 from solo kbd.

I see you're a Ranged person, I killed KBD quite a lot with Ranged as well. Millions times better than melee.

God Mitre

God Stole

Karil Top

Karil Bottom

Barrow Gloves

Antifire Shield

Ranger Boots > Snakeskin Boots

Ava's Accumulator

Rune Crossbow

Ruby Bolts (e) (~100 will be more than enough)

Ring of Wealth/Explorer's Ring/Archer's Ring

And this in your inventory:

1 One-click teleport

2 Antifire Potions

2 Range Potions

2 Super Antipoisons

3 Prayer Potions

1 Super Defence Potion

1 Forinthry Brace (just cause)

150 Diamond Bolt (e)

Rest Sharks

And BoB (Tortoise would be GREAT for this one) filled with sharks as well.

If you can't even get hold of a Spirit Terrorbird, I'd suggest bringing only one of each potion rather than two (2 Ppots instead of 3 in that case).

Stock up at Bounty Hunter, get your BoB out on the spot and fill it. Equip your Forinthry Brace and run straight for the Obelisk just southeast of the bank. Keep using it till you get to the lvl 48 (IIRC) and run east to the Lesser Demons and the KBD lair. (if you get TB'ed by revs, your brace is there for it).

Sip a dose of your Ranged, Super Defence, Super Antipoison and Antifire Potions.

Enter the lair, turn on Protect Melee and Hawk Eye (NOT Eagle Eye) and stand close to KBD (as a result, he'll use melee more than magic, which will result in less damage).

Keep using Ruby (e) till he's halfway dead, then switch to Diamond.

You should net about 7-10 kills a trip this way. Also, ironically, much cheaper than Melee.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Just soloed 65 kbds in about 2 hours ish.

Whip is aweful here as I expected.

So I just went in full bandos, with mage pray and anti-fire pot.

Zammy spear was pretty decent, sgs did ok as well. I actually 5 hit one with sgs lol

I just piety and just tanked.

Using lava titan to tele there every 4-6 kills when i needed to bank.

I brought:

1 super set

1 antifire

1 anti-poison

3 pray pots

lummy tele tabs

dueling ring

Rest pineapple pizzas and like 2 sharks for emergency healing

After 4-6 kills I would tele to lummy, restore pray at altar. dueling ring to bank. set up then tele back. Would be back at kbd about 1 minute after leaving. very fast and efficient way. Also you get a decent familiar with you. fairly sure he hit a few 19s (lava titan)

I reccomend this method for fast kills. The titan is invalueable in saving time. Even if your trips are shorter, saves lots of time in the long run imo.

Id personnaly use zammy spear or a gs here, spear is faster imo, but gs is fun. Whip is fast 0s. spear is fast hits lol. gs is slow but somewhat reliable 40-60s.

If none of this applies to you sorry, but i think it may be of help to someone =]

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Stats are 70 att, 70 str, 79 def, 79 hp, 70 pray and 58 summoning. I also have 81 range, if there's a viable ranging method and 75 magic, but i doubt you can mage it.

quote]

This is the problem. Your stats are terrible (except for prayer), and even with the help of the black mask you will still be highly ineffective.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

quote]

This is the problem. Your stats are terrible (except for prayer), and even with the help of the black mask you will still be highly ineffective.

Dam some people are full of themselves 70+ stats aren't "terrible" sure they don't make nearly everything a walk in the park like 90s do, but they are still perfectly usable

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I solod the KBD with the guide I set-up with following stats:

70 Attack

70 Strength

87 Defence

80 Ranged

82 HP

63 Prayer

70 Summoning

Not too different from the stats you have now.

I tried Melee with Whip, Dragonslayer Gloves, Slayer Helm, Chivalry and a Super Set. I only got 3 kills, and used up 6 Prayer Potions.

It's just not effective for you to try meleeing it, 85+ melee stats are probably required to make it viable.

At the same time, I could easily get 7+ kills/trip with Ranged.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

quote]

Errmm... i actually did, with Unknwn's method. Got 5 kills, and left because i didnt had enough bolts :P. I tried melee too, and i agree my stats are to low for that, even with the black mask. Range, however, did great. Thanks everyone for your help, i took notes of the different methods so i will keep trying once i level up my melee stats.

Kirtash101.png

Yeah, suggesting that people with a dangerous predisposition towards addiction replace Runescape with drinking is a great idea.