Quick Math Check

Peterblue

I just finished the Etceteria Quests to get access to Manage Thy Kingdom. I was trying to do some maths to come up with the most profit possible. What I found was:

Coal- Cost:91.6. Market Price: 170. Profit: 78.4 each. Profit(%):54

Flax- Cost:40. Market Price: 78. Profit: 38 each. Profit(%):51

Tuna - Cost:56.3. Market Price: 122. Profit: 65.7. Profit(%):46

Swordfish - Cost: 189.4. Market Price: 468. Profit: 278.6. Profit(%):68.

Fishing- Cost: 87. Market Price: 201.8. Profit: 114.8. Profit(%):51.

Judging by this, and assuming a 10 to 3 ratio of tuna to swordfish, as per the Tip.It guide, it would appear that mining coal and selling it on the GE would bring the most profit to me. However, I want to be sure on this. Firstly, do these mathematics make sense(mainly the converting to %), and also, is coal generally the best for profit. I spent around half an hour on these calculations, but wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong.

EDIT: Whoops, meant to put this in Help & Advice. It's supposed to be there, right?

Goldflame.png

Click here to learn the best profit from MTK.

I searched the AoW, along with Help & Advice, and found many people stating different things. However, I believe they might be off due to modern prices. I guess I should follow my own guide, maybe?(although it doesn't take into account luck).

Goldflame.png

Click here to learn the best profit from MTK.

i believe your calculations are correct per 1 collected.. but it doesn't take into account collection rates which would then determine the best profit.

help and advice? ;)

Yes, but collection rates determined by how much money is paid out each day. If you pay out 75000 a day, you get 75000 gp worth of what you had your workers collect. At the percentages on the first post, coal is more profitable.

One problem, though, the percentages are wrong. To find the percentages, you should have divided the profit by the market price. As such, the percentages, using the prices from the first post, go like this:

Coal- Cost:91.6. Market Price: 170. Profit: 78.4 each. Profit(%): 46.1176

Flax- Cost:40. Market Price: 78. Profit: 38 each. Profit(%): 48.7179

Tuna - Cost:56.3. Market Price: 122. Profit: 65.7. Profit(%): 53.8525

Swordfish - Cost: 189.4. Market Price: 468. Profit: 278.6. Profit(%): 59.2991

Fishing- Cost: 87. Market Price: 201.8. Profit: 114.8. Profit(%): 56.8880

(I rounded to the fourth decimal for accuracy ;) (although, if I wanted to follow scientific rules, I should have only used 2 "significant digits;" Oh well... :P ))

If you want to know what's best to get, check prices the day you collect your resources and change your worker distribution to whatever will get you the most (it doesn't matter how you assigned your workers while they were working; when you go to collect, you get what you have them assigned to at that moment).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I usually put 10 on maples and 5 on flax and i get 625 flax and like 898 maples everyday but i go back and keep my rating up and collect every two days because i get one more nest (1 nest per 100 maple logs) I get 8 nests first day and 17 second day Because i only needed two logs for it to get another nest.

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

Also, if you're going to use this data, make sure you have at least 500,000gp (or 750,000gp if you've also completed Royal Trouble) in your coffers at all time, or you will be charged an extra fee that doesn't give you any resources.

What are you talking about? I thought if you had less than 750k it just doesn't take 75k a day into resources...

Most money right now is 10 fish and 5 coal. Instead of wasting time calculating, just wait three weeks. Try out three combos you think will be the most money. Whichever gets you the most, stick with that one.

idiot911.png

Proud member of 'the' clan for 5 years.

Join 'the' clan today

Coal on 10 and the rest of something else like fishing, but flax gives herbs right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but coal and fishing seems to be profitable. It depends on your needs, do you need maples to train fm or is this purely for profit?

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

I'm no maths...dude... but with a little luck, maples = nests = magic seeds? I get my mtk every 3 or so days and I haven't not had atleast 200k in seeds/nests since I started.

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

I can't believe how many idiots don't put 10 workers on fish. It has in recent times always been best and as far as I'm concerned, will always be the most profitable.

Coal and flax are about even right now but I have 5 workers on coal because they get extra gems which are worth more than junky herb seeds.

And earlier today I collected 8 days worth of stock from my island.

Sold all my coal for 370k

Sold all my raw tuna for 410k

Sold all my raw swordfish for 466k

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Well, I use 8 on flax and 7 on coal. I still see that while raw fish is going down each day, and flax/coal is constantly going up (flax now is at max I guess), you would get most profit with 10 on raw fish and 5 on maples.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

doing 10 on maples and then the last 5 on what ever you feel will get the most profit is what i do, Maples sell really easy on the GE now and you get loads of extra bonuses from them, loads of nests which can be sold, and then all the seeds that come from the nests, even the rings can be enchanted and sold on to others, so imo maples are the best money maker on the island

Candymann16.png

Coal on 10 and the rest of something else like fishing, but flax gives herbs right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but coal and fishing seems to be profitable. It depends on your needs, do you need maples to train fm or is this purely for profit?

I think it's more just for profits ... and I think flax produces herbs like once every 100, but I may be thinking of somoething else

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I ou search google for 'runescape wikia' you will get a wiki that has an excellent page on this. They have a calulator that they update quite often that gives you the proffit/loss for every catagory.

You can find it here:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Miscellania

Results currently:

Production Method Quantity Produced per Day Grand Exchange Price Profit/Loss

Mining 542 Coal and 3 Gems 97,871 coins 47,871

Woodcutting 892 Maple logs and 8 Crushed bird's nests 52,280 coins 2,280

Fishing (cooked) 440 Tuna and 131 Swordfish (cooked)

4 gems and 5 caskets 118,251 coins 68,251

Fishing (raw) 440 Raw tuna and 131 Raw swordfish

4 gems and 5 caskets 132,291 coins 82,291

Flax Harvesting 1250 Flax 96,250 coins 46,250

Exotic Woods (teak) 301 Teak logs 27,090 coins -22,910

Exotic Woods (mahogany) 204 Mahogany logs 37,944 coins -12,056

Exotic Woods (both) 121 Teak logs and 121 Mahogany logs 33,396 coins -16,604

Farming Various seeds 87,585 coins 37,585

Idle Nothing produced 0 coins -50,000

The above shows raw fishing to be the best followed by cooked followed by mining/flax (they stay about the same so pick whatever.

i believe your calculations are correct per 1 collected.. but it doesn't take into account collection rates which would then determine the best profit.

help and advice? ;)

Yes, but collection rates determined by how much money is paid out each day. If you pay out 75000 a day, you get 75000 gp worth of what you had your workers collect. At the percentages on the first post, coal is more profitable.

One problem, though, the percentages are wrong. To find the percentages, you should have divided the profit by the market price. As such, the percentages, using the prices from the first post, go like this:

Coal- Cost:91.6. Market Price: 170. Profit: 78.4 each. Profit(%): 46.1176

Flax- Cost:40. Market Price: 78. Profit: 38 each. Profit(%): 48.7179

Tuna - Cost:56.3. Market Price: 122. Profit: 65.7. Profit(%): 53.8525

Swordfish - Cost: 189.4. Market Price: 468. Profit: 278.6. Profit(%): 59.2991

Fishing- Cost: 87. Market Price: 201.8. Profit: 114.8. Profit(%): 56.8880

(I rounded to the fourth decimal for accuracy ;) (although, if I wanted to follow scientific rules, I should have only used 2 "significant digits;" Oh well... :P ))

If you want to know what's best to get, check prices the day you collect your resources and change your worker distribution to whatever will get you the most (it doesn't matter how you assigned your workers while they were working; when you go to collect, you get what you have them assigned to at that moment).

i should learn to read :shock:

shame on my math Alevel :(

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

I dont understand how people are so bad at math. The amount you collect doesnt matter if you do %

However, you took the wrong %. You have to take the % of profit compared to what you invest, i.e. the Miscellania prices.

For coal this works out to: 78.4/91.6 = 85.6 %

For fish: 114.8/87 = 132 %

So if you collect like 20k maples, or 15k fish, it doesnt matter, the % takes this into account.

As you can see, fish is better, and even flax beats it too (38/40 * 100 % )