karils is an EPIC FAIL!

howbadisbad

Verac is one of the best outfits for doing clan wars or fight pits. It's versatile, with a decent prayer bonus, no weaknesses (you can get solid mage defense by swapping out one or two pieces of it for karils in emergencies), and its set effect is better on average than GS or whip when you're fighting quasi-duels (which is what pits and clan wars are, since you don't worry about KOs or running as much).

Other than that, the other barrows sets are basically used for their pieces or guthan for occasional slayer situations where your bunyip is being outdpsed. They're definitely not win-all.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verac is one of the best outfits for doing clan wars or fight pits. It's versatile, with a decent prayer bonus, no weaknesses (you can get solid mage defense by swapping out one or two pieces of it for karils in emergencies), and its set effect is better on average than GS or whip when you're fighting quasi-duels (which is what pits and clan wars are, since you don't worry about KOs or running as much).

Other than that, the other barrows sets are basically used for their pieces or guthan for occasional slayer situations where your bunyip is being outdpsed. They're definitely not win-all.

Your wrong. Dharok's plate offers more defence, and you can swap karils just as easily with whip\defender instead of flail. Minute per minute, whip + defender will deal more damage then flail, except for prayer, which is almost never used in safe PVP fights.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'm not going to bother reading the opther replies to this and simply say this:

Coif: Pretty much useless as far as I know

Bow: Great for fight caves

Top and Bottom: Alternative to Black dhide great for higher level monsters, where those extra defence points matter.

Sure, the full set effect may not be very good, but the armor pieces are very useful.

Your wrong. Dharok's plate offers more defence, and you can swap karils just as easily with whip\defender instead of flail. Minute per minute, whip + defender will deal more damage then flail, except for prayer, which is almost never used in safe PVP fights.

No, I'm not.

Verac's has no negatives to magic defense. That alone, right there, is enough to swing the balance away from Dharok. You're not forced to carry an extra pair of legs for hybrids and pilers because your dharok legs were crippling you and you're not left wide out in the open when somebody surprises you with some magic.

And I don't know if you pvp a lot, but prayer is incredibly common in the pits or clan wars (especially clan wars). Coupled with a set effect that is effective on anything in tanky armor and you have a win. Sure, a whip is worth packing for people in lighter gear, but on those beeftanks with +370 slash def or higher, the verac set comes in handy. When all that's at stake is +15 or 20 defense at the most, the versatility of verac outweighs its competitors.

You may have crunched a few numbers, but don't think you're some kind of RS combat god, because your practical knowledge is lacking. I've won over 600 games at the pits. A set of verac, with a karil top and bottom, a whip, and a dfs, are almost required equipment. DPS is NOT the only name of the game in there. A dfs will outperform a defender, verac will outpreform its slightly better cousins, and the set effect is NOT a waste.

And before you drag this on again, I want to see some REAL numbers showing that whip and defender are better than verac in a safe pvp situation where you're facing somebody with supersets, +350 or higher defense, and piety. Because you can't. 19 more slash attack doesn't give a better hit rate on that type of player than a set of verac.

And while you're at it, I want to see pvp proof that a defender beats a dfs. A bonus sum of 38 (defender attack plus defense) doesn't beat a defense bonus of 75 on the dfs in an equal fight where both players are on equal footing with levels and gear.

No, I'm not.

Verac's has no negatives to magic defense. That alone, right there, is enough to swing the balance away from Dharok. You're not forced to carry an extra pair of legs for hybrids and pilers because your dharok legs were crippling you and you're not left wide out in the open when somebody surprises you with some magic.

And I don't know if you pvp a lot, but prayer is incredibly common in the pits or clan wars (especially clan wars). Coupled with a set effect that is effective on anything in tanky armor and you have a win. Sure, a whip is worth packing for people in lighter gear, but on those beeftanks with +370 slash def or higher, the verac set comes in handy. When all that's at stake is +15 or 20 defense at the most, the versatility of verac outweighs its competitors.

You may have crunched a few numbers, but don't think you're some kind of RS combat god, because your practical knowledge is lacking. I've won over 600 games at the pits. A set of verac, with a karil top and bottom, a whip, and a dfs, are almost required equipment. DPS is NOT the only name of the game in there. A dfs will outperform a defender, verac will outpreform its slightly better cousins, and the set effect is NOT a waste.

And before you drag this on again, I want to see some REAL numbers showing that whip and defender are better than verac in a safe pvp situation where you're facing somebody with supersets, +350 or higher defense, and piety. Because you can't. 19 more slash attack doesn't give a better hit rate on that type of player than a set of verac.

And while you're at it, I want to see pvp proof that a defender beats a dfs. A bonus sum of 38 (defender attack plus defense) doesn't beat a defense bonus of 75 on the dfs in an equal fight where both players are on equal footing with levels and gear.

Alright, all in order. Feel free to point out where I said to wear dharoks legs. Veracs is slightly closer at defence tanks, but it is still beat by a whip. Practical knowledge? 600 games at pits?

Let's take this one by one.

As for practical knowledge, I have over 1,000 hours experience with PVP. Around 650 of those hours were spent at fight pits. I have won a total of 9 furys, currently working on my tenth, for a total of around 2,400,000 tokul won in roughly 1,400 wins (and far more games then that, I tend to let friends win). Around 250 hours (and counting) was spent at Clan Wars, with over 150 devoted specifically to testing veracs vs. whip + defender. The whip + defender has a total of 44 extra defence, a fairly significant amount that is often overlooked. The second, and most important factor is the speed of the whip - verac's flail is considerably slower, with a significantly lower attack and strength meaning you have to rely on the set effect to make up the large difference in hitting ability. At 95+ attack, where your always fighting people with equal or lesser defence, your hit ratio becomes high enough to overcome verac's abilities. Prayer is obviously the exception, but I question how often you do pits. Anyone who uses melee prayer is instantly piled in any of the 1 v 1 worlds, resulting in a quick death and a lesson learned. Clan wars has far more tactics available, and prayer can be easily (and better) countered with obstacles, range, sidestepping, farcasting, and running\hiding. This allows whip+defender to deal more damage per minute then veracs in the vast majority of fights.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Know whats an Epic Fail? SAYING EPIC FAIL!!!

Jeez i have no clue why this has becoem such a craze....first school now tif -.-......Anyhow, karils is good in a few ways, Imo it looks pretty nifty ( like a ninja with a crossbow! ) and it has a very good mage defence.

So true even when people say epic i get pissed off :x

does verac hit through prayers like piety?

wondering before you magically prove me wrong again

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

does verac hit through prayers like piety?

wondering before you magically prove me wrong again

No, it only hits through your armor defence bonus and protect from melee (which otherwise provides 40% damage prevention).

DeviledEgg24.png

gf maxed def :shock:

It's not that great. Whip out hits it almost everywhere, and you can switch to mage\range armor while using it.

DeviledEgg24.png

dude stop with the range updates lmao or at least change ur avatar please its contradicting ur case. plus karils bow is faster then rune plus, if u actually use it it hits quite often, and fairly high mage def is great. the only thing it is missing is a good spec and we cant have it all. rangers have enough we can pretty much one hit neone just like melee and rune c bows with broad/ diamond/ emmy bolts owns.

You have your cake, why not go ahead and eat it too.

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

you know what i hit with a d bow every time without potting and praying?

8-8

you know how often bolt specs activate in a fight?

maybe once or twice...

at least melee can choose when to launch their spec instead of having to wait at a random moment -.-

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

8-8

That's nice to know. I suppose you use no pots or prayer when you melee, and your avatar is faked?

maybe once or twice...

That's odd. How much PVP XP do you have? Diamond bolts fire about once every ~20 shots, at least half a dozen times in a food fight

at least melee can choose when to launch their spec instead of having to wait at a random moment -.-

Yeah, I've heard that dark bow can do that too. Fortunately rangers have several types of specials, some of them manual (Dark bow, DFS) and some automatic (Diamond, ruby, emerald, dragonfire)

DeviledEgg24.png

8-8

That's nice to know. I suppose you use no pots or prayer when you melee, and your avatar is faked?

maybe once or twice...

That's odd. How much PVP XP do you have? Diamond bolts fire about once every ~20 shots, at least half a dozen times in a food fight

Yeah, I've heard that dark bow can do that too. Fortunately rangers have several types of specials, some of them manual (Dark bow, DFS) and some automatic (Diamond, ruby, emerald, dragonfire)

i do have a good bit of pvp xp and diamond bolts (E) spec goes off anywhere from none to 2 times in a fight for me

and my avatar isnt me (duh i dont have 99 range so i cant hit 48-48) -.-

and the d bow doesnt hit that well (at least for me) when the person i spec has 320+ range def and is praying overpowered prayers :shock:

arcane_stew.png

i do have a good bit of pvp xp and diamond bolts (E) spec goes off anywhere from none to 2 times in a fight for me

That's unfortunate, maybe you should try a few more so you could truly test it. I've spent around 200 hours ranging, perhaps your sample size is larger?

and my avatar isnt me (duh i dont have 99 range so i cant hit 48-48) -.-

Oh, and so you have hit 78 with AGS with your 69 strength? You can't claim 'melee maxes in the 70s' then say 'yeah well my range isn't high enough to max'.

and the d bow doesnt hit that well (at least for me) when the person i spec has 320+ range def and is praying overpowered prayers :shock:

Mkay, I shall rephrase. Show me a melee weapon that maxes over 58 (96 X .6) with protection prayers. The prayer is irrelevant. Obviously dark bow doesn't max well for you; would you expect an AGS to max well for you with 66 strength and 75 attack?

DeviledEgg24.png

Compfreak your not impressing anyone here. Just because we haven't had our souls raped by Jagex as you have does not mean you are automatically right.

Compfreak actually has facts dealing with the topic, and is persistent to prove them. Yes, he can be annoying, but all people are when they are telling you that you are wrong.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Jeez i have no clue why this has becoem such a craze....first school now tif -.-......Anyhow, karils is good in a few ways, Imo it looks pretty nifty ( like a ninja with a crossbow! ) and it has a very good mage defence.

I know EXACTLY what you mean...

Terra_Aer.png

47QV.gif UBbP.gif<--- click for teh free cookies! nom nom nom

Compfreak your not impressing anyone here. Just because we haven't had our souls raped by Jagex as you have does not mean you are automatically right.

Feel free to show me where I'm wrong, and I'll gladly debate with you. Until then, please don't spam up this thread with posts of 0 discussion value (and ones against the rules as well).

DeviledEgg24.png

93M merchanting profit??

what do you merchant? :o

If I told you, that number wouldn't be 93m <.<

DeviledEgg24.png

Epic Fail was originally a term used in DnD for when you rolled a one. Basically, if that happened, something REALLY horrible would happen. Like spontaneous combustion. Or a heart attack. With the advent of the internet, DnD nerds were capable of communication without leaving their house and so this wondrous term was brought into public view.

k thx but wtf is a dnd and wtf is rollling a one in dnd?

ty

thhide.jpg