Your opinion on violence and killing in video games?

Princess Viola

Right.

As a parent, you should be raising your kids to know that they shouldn't re-enact any of the things they play, see, etc.

You completely missed the point. You should teach them violence is never a justifiable means to solving life's little problems.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I havn't played any super gory games, but I do know that a child should be taught by his parents that the things he sees in movies,games etc. should not be performed in real life. I have never played a game and say, "Wow, I should try that in real life!" because that's just completely stupid.

If you don't want 9-year old Billy shooting up people in real life, then don't buy him GTA games! That's what the problem is, parents are ignorant of the ESRB ratings, so they don't care what game their child gets.

--

My parents are overkill though, they won't let me play violent T games!(you heard me) And I'm old enough to play 'em! Yet they let me play Guitar Hero and games like that. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: #-o

I havn't played any super gory games, but I do know that a child should be taught by his parents that the things he sees in movies,games etc. should not be performed in real life. I have never played a game and say, "Wow, I should try that in real life!" because that's just completely stupid.

If you don't want 9-year old Billy shooting up people in real life, then don't buy him GTA games! That's what the problem is, parents are ignorant of the ESRB ratings, so they don't care what game their child gets.

--

My parents are overkill though, they won't let me play violent T games!(you heard me) And I'm old enough to play 'em! Yet they let me play Guitar Hero and games like that. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: #-o

Wow. I'm allowed to play GTA games and I wasn't allowed to play Call of Duty (the first one) until two years ago. And it's rated T.

i've been playing violent video games my entire life, and the one that made me come closest to hurting someone?

guitar hero. :evil:

i almost belted a friend with the guitar after playing it for 15 minutes, why isn't THAT 18+?

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

I'd feel way more satisfied after walking and shotgunning every ninja in the arena simultaneosly than completing an expert sudoku puzzle within 1 minute.

I disagree. I've always found it more satsifying to have solved a particularly difficult problem than to get 10 kills in 1 life using only melee weapons.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Without violence in games, gaming would not be where it is today, and instead of Microsoft, the 360, and Halo being big, we would have MSN, the puzzle box, and Bejeweled as the big thing...

Violence is always good in games...as long as it is used the right way...like running over your mum in GTA.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg