~GWD~ [Killing Aviansies]

Green_knight

Do you know any other guides that tell you about strawberry baskets? I bet you didn't know about those. Other than that, this guide is plenty useful, and it's not a copy off of one that already exists.

Ahem, my guide talks a lot about those strwberries, which was long here before yours. ;) I think it was the first guide to even mention them for training.

I've noticed a good guide can't be based only content, but all those pretty pictures that people like to look at and make things like inventories easier to set up. There's a higher expectation for guides here than it is on the RSOF, so you do need to put a lot more time and effort into a guide.

Just some tips to help you out in the future. I'd also like to add, there's already tons of guides on aviansies. Making a guide on something original will get much better feed back. If you do want to make a guide about something a lot of people know about. Your going to have to introduce new, effective methods. Writing a guide like this is just repeating what other people said.

I hope you don't take offense to any of the feed back, but you have to understand that people get tired of reading a guide that's unoriginal and common.

Oh yeah? How long ago...? Because my original thread was on the RSOF a very long time ago, thank you very much ::'

And I think it's simply that you people have never seen my original thread on the RSOF, thus you are lead to believe that I just made this up.

YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND I ORIGINALLY WROTE THIS WHEN THIS INFORMATION WAS UNHEARD OF ON THE RSOF!!!

So quite frankly, to your last section, my guide is NOT unoriginal. It's just that I re-posted it here so much time later.

reportsigvj6.png

kidsranqe.png

Check out my Aviansies guide, going back to February 2008! viewtopic.php?f=180&t=772125&p=6254788#p6254788

reginlief_28.png

reginlief_28.png

• 2 weeks later...

2/10.... This guide is unoriganal, this is what the 20th aviansie guide out there? There are 0 pictures, just text + hide tags, boring guide, next time think of something more original.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

When talking about items to protect from each gods' forces, you should mention the Bandos pool in Oo'glog, which acts like a Bandos item for 1 hour after taking a swim (and a swim in the run, prayer, and hp pools while you're there certainly won't hurt). Also, mention that you can grab an Armadyl Pendant even after finishing Temple of Ikov in Part 1 instead of just the (second) FAQ.

You don't really need to bring food if you're praying, unless you want some for emergencies, but that's partly why you should have a house teletab anyway.

You might want to add another method of killing aviansies, for those who are there for the cash more than the exp. If you're praying, you can use emerald (e) bolts instead of broad bolts, and actually take off your arma item once you're ready to get started (bringing something to wear in place of your arma item is a good idea - I use a guthix stole in place of my arma pendant, for the prayer bonus). Because of the way these bolts work, you can actually see a graphical effect when the monster you're fighting is poisoned. Thus, you can attack one aviansie until it is poisoned, then switch to another one until it gets poisoned, then switch to a third, and so on. The ones you stop attacking will continue taking damage from the poison and eventually die, though you may need to repoison them a few times. This will still get a fair bit of range exp, but a lot more drops than hitting just one at a time. And because you're praying protection from missiles, having 15 aviansies attacking you does no more damage than having 1 attacking you. Other than the loss of range xp, the only real downside is that you really need to have the place all to yourself if you want to do this, since you will be hogging all of the aviansies you can reach.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My only criticism with this guide is that you don't post how long your trips took, how many kills you got, and the sheer number of avian guides already out there. 8/10.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome guide! :thumbsup: 11/10

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

• 4 months later...

your guide is great and frankly the lack of pictures make this a lot easier to read instead of constantly having to check if i've got the same stuff as in the picture, the hide tabs give this guide the ability to be condensed to only the tips u really need and since this is the first aviansies guide i found when i searched for these guides on tip it forums that actually said "Killing Aviansies" it was an easy find and a refreshing change from scanning thru forums in hopes for the one guide i actually needed. thx for the tips and i hope that over-critical ppl won't bum u out :thumbsup:

firashma.png

firashma.png

firashma.png

firashma.png

• 3 months later...