~GWD~ [Killing Aviansies]

Green_knight

17-Feb-2008 06:21:53

Last edited on 21-Nov-2008 02:12:32 by Reginlief 28

:thumbsup: SPECIAL THANKS TO TOBY1KNOBY20 FOR SUGGESTING THAT I RE-POST THIS ON T.I.F.! :thumbsup:

~CONGRATZ OBI WON100 ON 1,500th POST!!!~ <-- On RSOF obviously.

Hello, and welcome to my Aviansies guide, 9 months old and still growing!

Need to know anything about Aviansies? Well you can't go wrong here! This thread will tell you what stats, equipment, food, and quests you will need for killing Aviansies, and much more!!

\' \' SCROLL DOWN TO THE GREEN SMILIES AND YOU'LL FIND MY TANKING GUIDE! \' \'

\' \' SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT MOD EMILEE HAD TO SAY :D \' \'

===

Aviansies F.A.Q.

===

[hide=]Q: What are Aviansies?

A: Aviansies are flying, two legged eagle-like creatures which range from combat levels of 69 to 148. They fight for the god Armadyl.

Q: What's so good about these Aviansies?

A: As a start, they can drop four (4) noted adamant bars, rune daggers (p+), and runite crossbow limbs. They also drop various runes, including nature, blood, chaos, and law runes.

Q: Adamant bars...? What's so good about that?

A: Well, first, they sell for about 2300 each at the Grand Exchange. Second, they are dropped in bundles of four. And lastly, Aviansies drop them NOTED, so you only have to reserve one inventory space for them!

Q: Do I have to do any quests to get to the GWD and Aviansies?

A: Death Plateau and Troll Stronghold, although %100 completion of the latter isn't needed.

Q: What if I have low defense? Can I still kill them with ease?

A: Yes, granted you have Prayer potions and 40 prayer or higher.[/hide]

===

THE STATS

===

[hide=]You can NOT MELEE AVIANSIES, so a high ranged level is necessary. 70+ will do fine, a ranged potion is optional. I started killing Aviansies with 74 Range, but I never really bothered with range pots.

Good prayer is needed. 40 or higher is decent, but higher is better because you restore more prayer points with each dose of prayer potion.

Defense isn't that important if you are using prayer. However, if you don't want to spend money on p pots, you should be 70+ Def before considering going into the GWD to kill Aviansies.

60 Strength OR Agility is needed to access the GWD

Other than that, you need 55+ magic (To teleport out, and high alch your rune daggers/limbs)[/hide]

===

WHAT TO BRING

===

PART 1: IMPORTANT- READ!

[hide=]Before you choose what to bring and head out for the GWD, you have to consider this: Each faction (Bandos, Armadyl, Zamorak, Saradomin) will attack you without hesitation once they spot you. However, there is a way to prevent this.

If you simply equip something that represents the monster's faction, the monster will NOT attack you (although they will fight back if attacked by you.) This means, if you enter the GWD wearing/wielding an Unholy book, Saradomin Mage Arena cape, Bandos Boots, and Pendant of Armadyl, you will not be attacked by ANY monsters unless you choose to engage in combat with them!

Now, Zamorak and Saradomin items are far easier to obtain than Armadyl and, especially, Bandos. If you have done the Temple of Ikov quest, you might have a Pendant of Armadyl. Wearing this prevents the Armadyl monsters, and more importantly, the Aviansies, from being aggressive to you.

As for Bandos items, well... You don't really need anything to keep Bandos away. Just stay away from them, you'll be fine.[/hide]

-PART 2-

[hide=]Note: When you visit the GWD for the first time, you will come across a knight that is barely alive. Talk to him, but you don't actually have to deliver his message.

*If you are going to the GWD for your first time, you will need a ROPE.*

If praying, wear:

-Whatever you need to keep you safe from factions -IMPORTANT

-Monk robe top/D'hide chaps

-Rune Crossbow

-Unholy Book

-Ring of LIFE ~NOT~ WEALTH

-Pendant of Armadyl

-BROAD-TIPPED BOLTS!!! (1k IF PRAYING, 2.5K+ IF TANKING)

-Ranger/Snakeskin/Climbing boots

Your inventory (before going):

-ANY Teleport Tablet

-Games Necklace/Trollheim teleport

-Restore Pot (OPTIONAL)

-12-18 Prayer potions (4)

-4-6 Food (Try Strawberry baskets!)

-Fire runes/Natures for alching drops

~!!!!SCROLL DOWN FOR MY TANKING GUIDE!!!!~[/hide]

===

~Items you can wear to PREVENT BEING ATTACKED~

===

[hide=]***NOTE***: IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED >NOT< TO USE 2H WEAPONS SUCH AS GODSWORDS OR THE ZAMORAK SPEAR, BECAUSE YOU CANNOT ATTACK AVIANSIES WITH MELEE. HOWEVER, THESE ARE STILL GOD ITEMS AND MUST BE LISTED.

~SARADOMIN~

Saradomin sword

Godsword (with Saradomin hilt attached)

Cape of Saradomin (mage arena)

Staff of Saradomin (mage arena)

Saradomin vestments: robe top, robe legs, mitre, cloak, stole, or crozier (treasure trails)

Saradomin d'hide, coif, chaps, or bracers (treasure trails)

Saradomin platebody, full helm, platelegs, plateskirt, or kiteshield (treasure trails)

Holy symbol (blessed)

Holy book (Horror from the Deep quest)

Saradomin mjolnir (Making History quest)

~ZAMORAK~

Zamorak spear

Godsword (with Zamorak hilt attached)

Cape of Zamorak (mage arena)

Staff of Zamorak (mage arena)

Zamorak vestments: robe top, robe legs, mitre, cloak, stole, or crozier (treasure trails)

Zamorak d'hide, coif, chaps, or bracers (treasure trails)

Zamorak platebody, full helm, platelegs, plateskirt, or kiteshield (treasure trails)

Zamorak robe top or bottom

Unholy symbol

Unholy book (Horror from the Deep quest)

Zamorak mjolnir (Making History quest)

~ARMADYL~

Armadyl helmet, Armadyl chestplate, Armadyl legs

Godsword (with Armadyl hilt attached)

Pendant of Armadyl (Temple of Ikov quest)

~BANDOS~

Bandos chestplate, Bandos tassets, Bandos boots

Godsword (with Bandos hilt attached)

Ancient mace (Another Slice of H.A.M. quest)

As you can see, the list of Zamorak and Saradomin items is much longer than Armadyl/Bandos.[/hide]

===

QUESTS

===

[hide=]* Means that the quest is not needed, but it would be wise to do it. All other quests are mandatory.

Death Plateau

Troll Stronghold (100% Completion not necessary)

*Temple of Ikov

*Eadgar's Ruse[/hide]

===

GETTING THERE

===

[hide=]There are two reasonable methods to reach the GWD.

METHOD #1: Rub a Games Necklace and teleport to the Burthope games Rooms. Exit the castle and walk west, to the Warrior's Guild. Walk west again until you reach the Sherpa's hut, go past it, and walk all the way to the big circular mountain with the thrower trolls on it, like you did in the Troll Stronghold quest. Instead of going all the way around to the Stronghold, though, simply run past a few Thrower trolls (WITH PROTECT FROM RANGE ON) and walk up to the snowy boulder. If you are 60+ Strength, click on the boulder to move it. If you are 60+ Agility, click on the narrow opening in the wall to the right to go through it.

*IMPORTANT* If you are using an Agility Potion/Summer Pie ~or~ Strength Potion/Super Strength Potion, make sure you pot up/eat RIGHT BEFORE you walk into the snowy area (you should still have a few trolls hauling rocks at you), because the snowy area drains all of your stats. So, if you stand before the boulder, drink the super strength potion, and THEN try to move it, it may not work because your stat bonus from the potion may have been taken down by the snowy effects! This is why you might need a super restore potion.

METHOD #2: if you have done the Eadgar's Ruse quest, simply teleport to Trollheim and you will be right on top of the hill overlooking the snowy boulder you need to get around to get to the GWD. It's pretty straightforward from there.

After getting past the boulder, you will take small amounts of damage consistently, while your run energy plummets to 0% and your stats drain slowly. Turn on protect from melee because there are wolves ahead, then use your rope if you haven't yet on the entrance to the GWD. Turn on a protection prayer if you like.[/hide]

===

WHERE ARE THE AVIANSIES?

===

[hide=]The Aviansies are commonly found on the Southwest section (Armadyl section). You will see some Zamorak and Saradomin minions battling them here and there, but little to no Bandos minions.[/hide]

===

HOW MUCH CAN I MAKE PER TRIP TO THE AVIANSIES?

===

[hide=]Including the cost of the Potions and bolts I used, I made a >PURE PROFIT< of 300K on my first trip (Using the prayer method)

On my fourth trip (Using the prayer method) I made a pure profit of 400k

And on my best trip (using the prayer method) I made a pure profit of about 700k!

My best trip SO FAR has been using the Tanking method- A Pure profit of 2.6M in one trip![/hide]

===

IS TRAINING ON AVIANSIES GOOD EXP?

===

[hide=]They're good, but not great. However the money you can make by killing them is just too good to pass up![/hide]

===

WHY DO I NEED TO BRING FIRE AND NATURE RUNES?

===

[hide=]Well, rune daggers (p+) and crossbow limbs aren't really worth it if they're eating up your inventory space. Instead, it is wiser to bring the appropriate runes for the high alchemy spell, so you can alch them right on the spot and keep the cash in one inventory space.[/hide]

===

WHAT EXACTLY CAN THEY DROP?

===

[hide=]Well, here's a detailed list

100% chance of getting: Bones, Feather(2-6)

Weapons: Rune dagger(p+)

Armour: N/A

Runes/Arrows: Nature(8,9), Water(30), Earth(?), Body(12), Air(15), Chaos(3, 16), Blood(11)

Other: Herbs, Silver ore, Adamantite bar(4-noted), Swordfish(5), Runite Limbs, Clue Scroll(lvl 3), Uncut gems, Half key, dragon half shield

Seeds: N/A[/hide]

===

DROP LOG

===

[hide=]MY STATS AT THE MOMENT/GOAL

RANGE: 97/99

MAGIC: 97/99

*Adamantite Bar x19k+

~9.5M+ GP from alchs

~Various runes (59k+ water, 26k+ airs)

~155+ Ranarr weeds

~Half of key x5

===

Thanks for reading my guide!

-Any other questions? Post them here, I'll be happy to help-

-Anything I missed? Post it here, I'm always looking for ways to improve-

-EACH TRIP (Prayer method) TAKES APPROXIMATELY 2-3 HOURS-

===

~I am also open to ratings for my guide, if you read this guide please tell me what you think! *Preferably ?/10]~

Player Ratings:

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

9/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

9/10

10/10

9/10

10/10

10/10

0/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

5/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

0/10

3/10

9/10

10/10

8/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

8/10

10/10

8/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

3/10

9/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

9/10

10/10

9/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

7/10

9/10

10/10

10/10

7/10

10/10

9/10

9/10

8/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

9/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

8/10

5/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

10/10

8/10

AVG RATING: 9.1354 (As of 11/2/08)[/hide]

===

OTHER F.A.Q.

===

[hide=]Q: How do I get an Armadyl pendant if I chose the other side during the Temple of Ikov quest/Lost it?

A: Go back to the Temple of Ikov, and kill/talk to some guardians of Armadyl for one, depending on who you sided with in the quest.

Q: What if I go into the temple of Ikov and it says I'm too "scared" to get past the gate?

A: Get a Pendant of Lucien either from your bank or from Lucien (at the bar in Ardougne). Wear this Pendant to get past the gate, and continue north and then west to the room with the Guardians of Armadyl.

Q: Which protection prayer should I use to defend from Aviansies?

A: Use the protect from missles prayer.

Q: How can I heal if I'm out of food and the Aviansies won't drop any?

A: You can use Bones to Peaches, or use the Guthan's armor set effect to gain HP by attackng other monsters.[/hide]

===

BONES TO PEACHES

===

[hide=]Sorry I didn't put a section about this earlier in the guide, since I first tried using B2P tabs after this thread was well past 40 or so pages.

Q: Do you need to unlock the Bones to Peaches spell in order to use it?

A: No! All you need to know is how to buy Bones to Peaches tabs through the Grand Exchange. It is better to use tabs because it takes only one inventory space.

Q: How do I use the Bones to Peaches tabs?

A: Click them, you will "break" them on the ground and the spell will be activated. BE SURE that there are bones in your inventory when breaking the tab.

Q: B2P tabs seem expensive. Are they worth it?

A: From my own calculations, if you use one B2P tab on about 12-15 bones at one time, you are paying as much as you would for about 7-9 lobsters market price.

Any other questions about B2P tabs? Please ask, I will answer here.[/hide]

==/@@@@@@@

SUMMONING@@|

==/@@@@@@@

[hide=]Now, I'm no expert summoner- in fact, my summoning level is only 1! But, if you have a decent summoning level, you can use that to your advantage in the GWD.

Void spinners heal 4 hp per minute - 34 Summoning needed

Bunyips heal 8 hp per minute - 68 Summoning needed

Unicorn Stallions heal up to 15% of your hp - 88 Summoning needed

Spirit Kalphites stores 6 items - 25 Summmoning needed

Bull ant stores 9 items/restores run - 40 Summoning needed

Spirit terrorbird stores 12 items/restores run - 52 Summoning needed

War Tortoise stores 18 items - 67 Summoning needed

Pack Yak stores 30 items/can bank a selected item - 96 Summoning needed

SUMMONING POTIONS MAY BE NEEDED

-Thanks to Blakelemonj for the information on Summoning-[/hide]

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: TANK GUIDE BELOW!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

|||- Reginlief_28's Tanking guide -|||

[hide=]You're still getting there the same way as before, you're still bringing the same weapon as before, but the object of tanking is to have -High Ranged Defense- while maintaining a reasonable Range attack bonus.

-LEVELS-

70+ Defense/

70+ Range-/

70+ HP----/

________/

@@@@@@@

-EQUIPMENT-

~Slot: Best/OK/Less than great~

Helmet: Torag's Helm/Verac's Helm/Rune Full Helm

Cape: Accumulator/Skill cape/God Cloak

Neck: Armadyl Pendant/Amulet of fury/Amulet of Glory

Quiver: BROAD-TIPPED BOLTS/Mithril bolts/Addy bolts (2k-3k)

Weapon: Rune Crossbow/Adamant Crossbow/Dorgeshuun Crossbow

Body: Zamorak or Saradomin d'hide/Karil's Leathertop/Black d'hide

Shield: Granite-Obby shield (same stats)/Dragon sq/Unholy Book

Legs: Torag's Platelegs/Guthan's Chainskirt/Black d'hide chaps

Wrist: Saradomin or Zamorak bracers/Black d'hide/Combat bracelet

Boots: Ranger boots/Snakeskin boots/Climbing boots

Ring: Archer ring/Ring of life/Ring of recoil

!!!NOTE!!!: I strongly recommend using Broad-tipped bolts.[/hide]

-INVENTORY-

[hide=]First slot: 80 to 120 Bones to Peaches tabs

Second slot: Nature rune x100

Third slot: Fire rune x1,000

Fourth slot: Mithril Grapple/Teleport tab

Fifth slot: Teleport tab (if you have a Mithril Grapple)

Sixth slot and on: Monkfish, or strawberry baskets.[/hide]

-STAT BONUSES-

You should have AROUND +125 Range attack bonus.

You should have AROUND +270 Range defence bonus.

NOTE: It is advisable to make sure that all barrows equipment (if any) is brought fully repaired. This is to make sure your trip can last longer- You don't want to have to leave because your barrows items broke!

===

STRAWBERRY BASKETS

===

[hide=]This section will explain an alternative to Monkfish/Sharks as food.

Q: Why Strawberry baskets?

A: Much like purple sweets, they hold more than one piece of food in one inventory space (Only 5 strawberries per inventory space though)

Q: How much do they heal?

A: 6 each. So, per basket you have 30 HP worth of food, as opposed to 16 or 20 HP worth of food with Monkfish or Sharks.

Q: How much do they cost?

A: From what I have heard, around 300 each. Pretty much the same price as Monkfish (if not lower), but heals more.

Next time you take a trip to the Aviansies, try out this fruitful alternative![/hide]

This was Mod Emilee's response on Page 44 of the original thread.

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

19-Feb-2008 11:51:15

Awesome thread Reginlief 28, very informative.

Well done!

reportsigvj6.png

kidsranqe.png

Check out my Aviansies guide, going back to February 2008! viewtopic.php?f=180&t=772125&p=6254788#p6254788

reginlief_28.png

reginlief_28.png

Well, now you have two topics on this. You should have waited til the mods themselves moved it.

The guide is decent, yet it only lists the widely known methods; the guide doesn't go into deep detail and you should work on those pictures.

Clean up the "RSOF style" as well and add pictures and you have a neater guide.

5/10 for now.

songokusigtif.png

Well, now you have two topics on this. You should have waited til the mods themselves moved it.

The guide is decent, yet it only lists the widely known methods; the guide doesn't go into deep detail and you should work on those pictures.

5/10 for now.

This guide was written back in February 2008 - When nothing else existed about Aviansies except for Defil3d's video lol. No In-Depth guides like this. Many of these "Widely-known" methods come from this.

I have to disagree with you saying it doesn't go into "deep detail". As a matter of fact, it covers pretty much every little thing you could ask about Aviansies - Including how to get back your Armadyl Pendant should you lose it.

Quite frankly, pictures aren't needed - Not to mention I can't get any on this computer. Maybe when I'm on another one I can try. And I did clean up the RSOF style by editing out the dates and such, unless you think I should spread it out more.

Furthermore, I don't really use the T.I.F. very much. I didn't think Mods would move it for me tbh. But thanks for the feedback.

reportsigvj6.png

kidsranqe.png

Check out my Aviansies guide, going back to February 2008! viewtopic.php?f=180&t=772125&p=6254788#p6254788

reginlief_28.png

reginlief_28.png

5/10 for now.

This guide was written back in February 2008 - When nothing else existed about Aviansies except for Defil3d's video lol. No In-Depth guides like this. Many of these "Widely-known" methods come from this.

I have to disagree with you saying it doesn't go into "deep detail". As a matter of fact, it covers pretty much every little thing you could ask about Aviansies - Including how to get back your Armadyl Pendant should you lose it.

Quite frankly, pictures aren't needed - Not to mention I can't get any on this computer. Maybe when I'm on another one I can try. And I did clean up the RSOF style by editing out the dates and such, unless you think I should spread it out more.

Furthermore, I don't really use the T.I.F. very much. I didn't think Mods would move it for me tbh. But thanks for the feedback.

Pictures are always needed, even when they seem unneeded.

Also,

November 9, 2007:

TruthScape Monster Secrets - Aviansies, the Perfect Magic/Ranged Training Monster: Busy week on TruthScape, huh? Well, now it's time for my latest entry in the TruthScape Monster Secrets series, and this one is just for you rangers and mages out there.

http://www.truthscape.com/html/ts_Truth ... agicRa.htm

songokusigtif.png

5/10 for now.

Also,

November 9, 2007:

TruthScape Monster Secrets - Aviansies, the Perfect Magic/Ranged Training Monster: Busy week on TruthScape, huh? Well, now it's time for my latest entry in the TruthScape Monster Secrets series, and this one is just for you rangers and mages out there.

Okay. That doesn't change the fact that I can't get any onto here on this computer, however.

OK, did some editing to make it easier to browse through for what you need.

reportsigvj6.png

kidsranqe.png

reginlief_28.png

reginlief_28.png

5/10 for now.

Also,

November 9, 2007:

Okay. That doesn't change the fact that I can't get any onto here on this computer, however.

Actualy, I think the first ever guide was JordanWeb's one, but I can't remember.

EDIT: JordanWeb's guide is the oldest out there, October 12th 2007, viewtopic.php?f=180&t=708158

Anyway, this guide is well... Useless. Aviansies guide are the Barrows guide of today. WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE exept if you show something really new that no one know and that could make aviansies even more profitable, this guide just show everything everyone knows.

3/10 for effort -.-

ib7rVm.png

5/10 for now.

Also,

November 9, 2007:

Actualy, I think the first ever guide was JordanWeb's one, but I can't remember.

EDIT: JordanWeb's guide is the oldest out there, October 12th 2007, viewtopic.php?f=180&t=708158

Anyway, this guide is well... Useless. Aviansies guide are the Barrows guide of today. WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE exept if you show something really new that no one know and that could make aviansies even more profitable, this guide just show everything everyone knows.

3/10 for effort -.-

If you are comparing this guide to JordanWeb's, this is better. While yes it is true that JordanWeb's came first, it only explains the prayer aspect of aviansie slaying. This explains both the prayer and the tanking method.

Toby1knoby20.png

5/10 for now.

Also,

November 9, 2007:

3/10 for effort -.-

This was not originally made on the T.I.F., so while JordanWeb's might be the first on these forums, it was not the first on the R.S.O.F.

Do you know any other guides that tell you about strawberry baskets? I bet you didn't know about those. Other than that, this guide is plenty useful, and it's not a copy off of one that already exists.

reportsigvj6.png

kidsranqe.png

reginlief_28.png

reginlief_28.png

I actually just checked JordanWeb's guide, and it makes NO mention of what food to bring, nor does it touch upon the Tanking method, or the Bones To Peaches spell. Also, his guide does not include a detailed section telling you how you can re-obtain your Pendant of Armadyl, while mine does. It doesn't mention Summoning, mine does. It also doesn't mention what your stat bonuses should be around.

Maybe you haven't scrolled through every bit of my guide- but it does go into deep detail. Unless you're disagreeing with a Jagex Mod. :D

reportsigvj6.png

kidsranqe.png

reginlief_28.png

reginlief_28.png

I actually just checked JordanWeb's guide, and it makes NO mention of what food to bring, nor does it touch upon the Tanking method, or the Bones To Peaches spell. Also, his guide does not include a detailed section telling you how you can re-obtain your Pendant of Armadyl, while mine does. It doesn't mention Summoning, mine does. It also doesn't mention what your stat bonuses should be around.

Maybe you haven't scrolled through every bit of my guide- but it does go into deep detail. Unless you're disagreeing with a Jagex Mod. :D

Jordan didn't touch this guide and he clearly said he won't update it, I'm not saying that it's better, I'm just saying it's the first one. Compared to other guides on tif and on other fansites, this doesn't show anything new.

ib7rVm.png

|||- Reginlief_28's Tanking guide -|||

[hide=]You're still getting there the same way as before, you're still bringing the same weapon as before, but the object of tanking is to have -High Ranged Defense- while maintaining a reasonable Range attack bonus.

-LEVELS-

70+ Defense/

70+ Range-/

70+ HP----/

________/

@@@@@@@

-EQUIPMENT-

~Slot: Best/OK/Less than great~

Quiver: BROAD-TIPPED BOLTS/Mithril bolts/Addy bolts (2k-3k)

!!!NOTE!!!: I strongly recommend using Broad-tipped bolts.[/hide]

-INVENTORY-

[hide=]First slot: 80 to 120 Bones to Peaches tabs

-STAT BONUSES-

You should have AROUND +125 Range attack bonus.

You should have AROUND +270 Range defence bonus.

NOTE: It is advisable to make sure that all barrows equipment (if any) is brought fully repaired. This is to make sure your trip can last longer- You don't want to have to leave because your barrows items broke!

into

You're still getting there the same way as before, you're still bringing the same weapon as before, but the object of tanking is to have -High Ranged Defense- while maintaining a reasonable Range attack bonus.

[hide=Recommended Levels]70+ Defense

70+ Range

70+ HP[/hide]

[hide=Equipment & Inventory]Slot: Best/Decent/Less than great

Quiver: Broad-Tipped Bolts/Mithril bolts/Addy bolts (2k-3k)

Note: I strongly recommend using Broad-tipped bolts.

First slot: 80 to 120 Bones to Peaches tabs

[hide=Stat Bonuses]You should have around +125 Range attack bonus.

You should have around +270 Range defence bonus.

Note: It is advisable to make sure that all barrows equipment (if any) is brought fully repaired. This is to make sure your trip can last longer- You don't want to have to leave because your barrows items broke![/hide]

Jagex Moderators are not always right (as exemplified in the recent Dragon-Full Helm PVP drop mis-communication), as they may not have been exposed to the Aviansies guide written beforehand, and of course, they themselves may not know every detail of RuneScape, and they are human afterall. I have completely read your guide, and I did not see anyhing I did not know from earlier guides/personal experience at Aviansies.

Yes, there have been guides that have mentioned the Bones to Peaches spell, how to re-obtain the Pendant of Armadyl, mention Summoning methods ( the Bunyip being the most noted and covered even deeper than your guide), yes, I have seen guides that recommend Strawberry Baskets (yet, I prefer Pineapple Pizzas, as you don't waste time taking out Strawberries one at a time whenever you take a bit of damage), and guides that give you a ballpark figure to what your stat bonuses should be. [Wow, what a run-on sentence, eh?] You also wouldn't need a teleport tab; I have been killing aviansies alone from level 70 ranged to my current ranged level(besides a few minigames and a few slayer tasks that may have contributed to me gaining Ranged Experience), and I have not died a single time.

JordanWeb did not invent the Tanking method, but I have seen it done before November of 2007. Your guide also goes into minor detail, this is a beginning guide at it's prime at the most. The guide itself has a bit of detail, but sometimes it is worthless detail-fill in detail if you will, such as having too much fat in a large steak, and not enough of the good meat.

Once again, clean up your guide to where it does not look like a RSOF style post, and make it presentable for TIF. I have altered an excerpt of your guide and modeled it to how it should look in these forums, you can see the clean-up model I posted in the tabs above, compare it to your original post and use it as a basis to clean up your entire guide. (e.g. no "@@@" or "------" or "ALL CAPS" [bolding a phrase is much better] or "~" and lay off the smileys, also, underscores work pretty well here.)

Not only the information counts here at TIF (which is just sub-par to TIF standards), the presentation of the information plays a major role here.

songokusigtif.png

Do you know any other guides that tell you about strawberry baskets? I bet you didn't know about those. Other than that, this guide is plenty useful, and it's not a copy off of one that already exists.

Ahem, my guide talks a lot about those strwberries, which was long here before yours. ;) I think it was the first guide to even mention them for training.

I've noticed a good guide can't be based only content, but all those pretty pictures that people like to look at and make things like inventories easier to set up. There's a higher expectation for guides here than it is on the RSOF, so you do need to put a lot more time and effort into a guide.

Just some tips to help you out in the future. I'd also like to add, there's already tons of guides on aviansies. Making a guide on something original will get much better feed back. If you do want to make a guide about something a lot of people know about. Your going to have to introduce new, effective methods. Writing a guide like this is just repeating what other people said.

I hope you don't take offense to any of the feed back, but you have to understand that people get tired of reading a guide that's unoriginal and common.

• 1 month later...

6/10

Not great of a guide. It is extremely basic, and offers almost no new information.

Most of the guide is repetitive(I think you mentioned alching and B2P upwards of 4 times)

A few mistakes;

If praying, wear:

-Rune Crossbow

-Unholy Book

-Ring of LIFE ~NOT~ WEALTH -Archer is better. Unless you are AFKing, you won't die.

-Pendant of Armadyl -Unless you are going to their section, don't bring this. Even though avainsis are crowded, the avansies on the Arma section are much stronger. It is best to use Fury and stay in the open area.

You forgot a helm. Ranger is best.

-ANY Teleport Tablet

-Restore Pot (OPTIONAL) -Don't need. Use prayer. You are really not going to loose many stats.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Pictures :cry:

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

If praying, wear:

-Rune Crossbow

-Unholy Book

-Ring of LIFE ~NOT~ WEALTH

-Pendant of Armadyl

-ANY Teleport Tablet

-Restore Pot (OPTIONAL)

Prayer gear

Helm: Sara/Zammy mitre - big prayer bonus, cheap and counts towards a zammy/sara item.

Neck: Sara/Zammy stole - bigger prayer bonus and fairy cheap. The pendant is useless since your praying and your not going into there area.

Top: Same - noting monkrobes do not count as a sara item.

Bottoms: Same

Feet: same

Cape: Ava's accumulator (if you've not got one a god cape [prayer version].

Ring: Life isn't really need for anything but your first trip. Wealth, Archer ring or Explorer ring 3 are better choices.

Weapon/Shield: Same.

Ammo: same

Inventory

Tele Tab same as the ring of life, if your confident then forget it as you'll amass a lot of laws, air and waters and have food anyway. If you do get into trouble and don't have a teletab or any laws safe spot them then home tele.

Restore pot, no its not worth the space. however a super restore would be as it gives prayer points.

1 monkfish or other high healing food (why you need 4 to 6 food items I will never know). You don't need any more since they drop swordfish quite often as well as the fact your praying, hence you shouldn't be getting hit if you know what your doing.

3 ranging potions, they speed up the kills by a lot.

1 coin and 1 noted addy bar (space savers).

Fill the rest with prayer potions.

If your going to summon and use the prayer method use a range or magic combat familiar, since you don't need healing and the BoB's just get in the way. Remember to take 1 dose of summoning potion per extra pouch (ie not including the first pouch you summon) you take.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 4 months later...

Thanks for all the "suggestions" everyone, but I'm not putting any pictures on here. I simply can't, and that's how it is.

Might as well let this die, since 90% of the people I've seen come on here just whine and moan about the lack of pictures. My guide is to be read to help people; not to just be criticized.

reportsigvj6.png

kidsranqe.png

reginlief_28.png

reginlief_28.png