Strength Training: Weapons

m00finz

I'm considering a few different weapons for strength training. I'm also trying to train slayer at the same time, just for the record.

Currently I'm using a dragon scimitar and a dragonfire shield.

I'm considering buying a Saradomin Godsword, but it's out of my reach at the moment by 6m.

I've also gotten hints that Saradomin Swords are pretty good and effective for training strength.

NOTE: I'm not selling my Dfs. I love it because I'm a def noob.

Opinions?

WOW! I'm getting some really terrible answers.

IM AM GOING FOR 99 STRENGTH, BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY MELEE STAT LEFT FOR ME TO GET TO 99. I AM ALSO TRAINING SLAYER. I WANT TO KNOW IF I SHOULD USE D SCIMMY, SS, OR SGS. NOTHING ELSE. DO NOT SUGGEST A WHIP OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF WEAPON. ALSO, i'M NOT SELLING ANY ITEMS THAT i CURRENTLY POSSESS. Thank you.

dbeastsig2.gif

One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

If you want to train strength then get rid of the dfs and buy a sara sword. Even if you dont want a sara sword, sell the dfs and get a defender much better than using a dfs. Saradomin sword is indeed the best way to train strength.

ss is not worth it, a two-handed whip which can train strength. I used the dscim for all my strength levels. Nothing works better than classic gears..

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

From personal experince d scim with defender fails compared to sara sword. especially for slayer when you fight things like waterfiends and gargoyles.

Its also usually 5-10k hour faster exp when I was using it on task compared to scim

DFS fails miserably as Defender with whip gets more exp, and the defense isnt needed for any slayer task. I sold my dfs a week after I bought its trash.

Sell DFS go with sara sword

I could easily tank nechs with sarasword and bunyip at 85 defense, only eat a few pizzas tops, which is one of the harder hitting tasks

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

If you want to train strength then get rid of the dfs and buy a sara sword. Even if you dont want a sara sword, sell the dfs and get a defender much better than using a dfs. Saradomin sword is indeed the best way to train strength.

I'm NOT selling my Dfs. Ever.

dbeastsig2.gif

Get a SS its very good for str training.

Or maybe try to get a SGS/AGS?

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. What's the better out of Ss and Sgs? I know it's Sgs, but until I can afford one, should I use D scim or Ss?

dbeastsig2.gif

Well SS > D scimmy in my opinion, but we gotta count the DFS defence.

If you are 80+ def just get SS.

The good of it is that in some tasks like waterfeinds you can use it :thumbup:

EDIT:You are 99 def, so get it for sure :thumbsup:

Well, the thing is that an Sgs would be a lot better for me as a slayer.

dbeastsig2.gif

ss and gs are the best str training weapons. if ur not going to use them u could get a zerker neclace and obby sword. its a better combo for str training then scimi

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

God swords suck for slayer.

Whip/Def or SS are better as they are faster.

It's the same kinda principle as scimmys and battle axes. Yes the god sword will hit harder and more accurately but in 3 whip hits, it will have only hit twice.

The SGS is the only exception due to its spec but even then Bunyips and prayer pots are going to be better 8/10 times.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Godswords fail on slayer. I have an sgs which I use purely for spec (and str trained with it on dark beast tasks) and the spec is very nice but the ss out performs it badly in terms of exp/hour.

take this from someone who slayed all his stats and has tried every weapon/armor combo for best results

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

SS will be better in the long run

magicfalcon9.png

Dragon Drops: 4 Skirts, 4 Meds (PKed one) , 2 Legs, 1 Chain (Dust Devils), 1 Lump, 1 Shard

Armadyl Drops (219.78m): 13 Chestplates, 13 Skirts, 7 Helms, 8 Hilts

Bandos Drops (10.58m): 2 Chestplates, 1 Tasset, 2 Hilts, 2 Boots

Zamorak Drops (157k): 2 Steam Battlestaves