Help me connect my xbox live.

ThruItAll

diagram.gif

Thats a diagram of what I have:

The router is plugged into modem, and the rubbish computer,

the laptop is connected, is it possible to put my laptop in the same room as the 360, and put the ethernet cable in there?

or should i buy a hub or another router to receive the signal to my xbox, by the way, I can only move the laptop.

And the modem or something, I don't even know if thats the modem, is awesome.

I know how to pay and everything I think.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

I think he'd rather not pay the $100 for that thing.

Basically what you want to do is to create a wireless bridge through your laptop. Yes, you can just connect you laptop and 360 via Ethernet net cord. It is likely that you will have to mess around with the wireless and wired settings of the router, laptop and 360. I tried it to do it for a few days, but gave up.

You might have better luck posting in the Tech forum, or Googling it.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I'm a little confused but, if you have wireless why don't you get the wireless adapter for the 360?

Because he knows that the 360 wireless adapter is garbage, but sometimes, when you do not have a long ethernet cord, the damn thing is a must.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a little confused but, if you have wireless why don't you get the wireless adapter for the 360?

Because he knows that the 360 wireless adapter is garbage, but sometimes, when you do not have a long ethernet cord, the damn thing is a must.

Alternatively, there are wireless gaming bridges that probably work just as well, if not better.

And what's the problem with buying a longer ethernet cord? If I remember correctly, they're pretty cheap. The only real problem is that if you do need a 100 foot cord, then making sure it doesn't run through the middle of a room is a pain (I.e. running it through the floorboards *if* you're lucky enough to have them running in the right direction, or stapling it to the wall/floor). Basically, if you want to keep the cord out of sight, you need to have some construction experience, and access to a staple gun/drill + metal wire.

I got lucky enough that my dad does HVAC as a side job, so he was used to running wires for thermometers. And that with a connector, the two cords I had lying around just reached my Xbox.

I'm assuming that you can't do this, so a wireless bridge is all that you can do. Look into the laptop wireless bridge if you don't have any extra money, go with a wireless gaming bridge if you do.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

It's experience.

Seconded, I have the same exact situation. It's overpriced as heck and doesn't work worth crap, but it's the only way I can connect it. Honestly, if you can bridge it through your laptop, or buy another router, do that instead of the wireless adapter.

tipitsig.png

Yeah you can do that. It's called Windows ICS connection or something like that, check the manual that came with your 360 and it should say how to set it up - worked for me. I never have any problems with this method

sig5235ro7.jpg

Yeah you can do that. It's called Windows ICS connection or something like that, check the manual that came with your 360 and it should say how to set it up - worked for me. I never have any problems with this method

Eww not that horrible method. Had to use that and hated it. Best way by far is router to 360.

Eww not that horrible method. Had to use that and hated it. Best way by far is router to 360.

Uhm, whats wrong with this method? I've never had a problem with it...
sig5235ro7.jpg

Set up can be a nuisance.

Requires pc to be on.

Requires pc to be on.

To expand on set-up, if you don't know what you're doing, it can be almost impossible. Which is what happened to me, I tried for three days with no luck.

It's experience.

Requires pc to be on.

To expand on set-up, if you don't know what you're doing, it can be almost impossible. Which is what happened to me, I tried for three days with no luck.

I KNEW what I was doing .. It just wouldnt work.

The whole going throught the laptop thing is a bastard imo, ive tried to setup up Live for a couple of people using this method and its just a pain.

The best way to go is the xbox wireless adapter, if you dont want an ethernet cable snaking round your house. £60(or $100?) is a rip off though so maybe you should try getting one second hand.

Failing that, just get an ethernet cable. Setup is incredibly easy using one, you'll never lag out and blame it on your home setup and with a little work you can hide the cable under mats or between skirting boards, if being tidy is a massive worry.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

We didn't know what we were doing and it barely took 30mins...
sig5235ro7.jpg

We didn't know what we were doing and it barely took 30mins...

Yeah but its all about the pc not knowing what you are doing. And if ms are willing to stop reading that crap and give you the exact same.