The reason of image signatures?

Tynnhammar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take that as insult.

Well, obviously I have played, but that was many years ago, way before RS 2.

Hmm.. Can you see what this sections is labeled? Media Discussion, and hehe guess what, I'm interested in media.

more like interested in media complaining

Browsing not maximized is maschoistic? Let me ask, have you ever worked with any other software except games, in bigger resolutions than 1024*768?

Do surf with non-maximized, because the thing is you can have several windows open without the need to alt tab or switching tabs, you immidately see changes.

Hehe, that probably didn't make much sense :P.

Yes, in fact, I usually work with 1280x1024. Okay, so browsing with non-maximized is understandable with resolutions higher than 1024x768 if you're multitasking, so I take that point back.

I take that as insult.

Well, obviously I have played, but that was many years ago, way before RS 2.

Hmm.. Can you see what this sections is labeled? Media Discussion, and hehe guess what, I'm interested in media.

more like interested in media complaining

He isn't complaining he's just trying to figure out something. If he was complaining, he would act like you right now :wink: Complaining about this post.

Anyways, I mostly like image signatures for the fact that they are just kind of ... your personality. Plus its nice to browse through and see others signatures. :)

All the reasons these guys mentioned, also, when skim reading a topic I've already read, or just looking for someone in paticular, I know when to stop because of the signatures.

All the reasons these guys mentioned, also, when skim reading a topic I've already read, or just looking for someone in paticular, I know when to stop because of the signatures.

It's kind of sad to jugde someone by looking at a little image? Or do you mean that you can recognize people? That's again, where the nickname and avatar comes in.

Personal, i like sigs because they are just fun to have, and they look cool. The only reason i can think of is because they look fun and kind of describe yourself, as nad said.

And people have talents, and this is a place where they can show them off, and ask for help.

monkey24cv.png

|PERM BANNED ON MONKEY 933|

RSN--44warriorz44-|90 str|86 attack|70 def|85 hp|52 pray|102 cmb

--[Proud leader of Final Destination! http://z6.invisionfree.com/RSFinaldestination/index.php?

Requirements for FD!

If people do have talent, they should not be doing signatures, they should be exploring themselfs in larger aspects, as in wallpapers, websites etc.

canvas has nothing to do with quality.

Sorry, but I don't really get you there.

What I meant was, if discover that you have certain skills, for the love of god, do not spoil them on signatures! Do something at least a bit useful.

Just to jump in on that, how exactly are wallpapers more usefull then sigs?

Basicly, its the same. People use them, wether to view on their desktop, or to view them under each and every of their post.. I don't see much difference there..

Although I do agree with you that it isnt good to do only signatures if you really have talent. Exploring is good.

Nice discussion you started btw.

tipitsigte0.png

Meh, I just know that this board would be godawfully (is that even a word?) boring to browse forums without signatures. The little images add something, that at least sub-consciously, makes it funnier to read all the posts.

Also, it's the whole identify-ing thing. I don't know about you, but I tend to skim through posts a lot, thus I don't really catch peoples' names, so signatures help me to quickly identify people.

Yup. I'm lazy like that.

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

Just to jump in on that, how exactly are wallpapers more usefull then sigs?

Basicly, its the same. People use them, wether to view on their desktop, or to view them under each and every of their post.. I don't see much difference there..

Although I do agree with you that it isnt good to do only signatures if you really have talent. Exploring is good.

Nice discussion you started btw.

Well, I guess wallpapers maybe wasn't the best example, however it gives you alot more freedom/space to create wallpapers compared to signatures.

Hi there Azvareth, I actually must disagree there, I don't usually go to forums because I wan't something nice to look at, but because I want to get info, in one way or another.

Actually I've started to dislike off-topic parts of forum, however not totally but pretty often the discussions there are very much spam, or meaningless conversations

Remember guys, I just want a gentle discussion about why there is signature-images, no hard feelings :).

Actually I've started to dislike off-topic parts of forum, however not totally but pretty often the discussions there are very much spam, or meaningless conversations

Ironic that you would say that, here in this discussion . . .

As to why there are images in signatures.. Many people have given good reasons already.

Makes the forums more interesting to view, lets you recognize people, lets artists show their talent, etc..

IRKAa.jpg

Yeah, alright, that's nice. It seems however, that a lot of people have found ones that they like. A rather large majority of the regular posters, in fact. How can you say your opinion is more valid than theirs?

Hmm.. I'm sorry if I sounded like that, I just tried to had an argumentation.

Yeah, alright, that's nice. It seems however, that a lot of people have found ones that they like. A rather large majority of the regular posters, in fact. How can you say your opinion is more valid than theirs?

well that doesnt mean our opinion is more valid just because

ours is more popular than tynnhammer's....

I do find it trivial, it seems to me more of a "my opinion is ___" "but my opinion is ___", with nobody unwilling to change their opinion regardless of what anyone else says. Not that you aren't entitled to your opinion, but, what's the point of arguing if nobody is budging either way.

I'll leave this open though..see where it goes.

IRKAa.jpg