Capturing screenshots?(Problem solved, thanks everyone.)

deathfish27

I'm a little embarrassed by this, but I have absolutely no idea how to get a screenshot of my runescape screen (without using a digital camera). I've been told to use my laptop's print screen button, but nothing happens...at all (yes I was using the function key properly). If anyone can give me a hand with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help! :)

deathfish64.png

The quest points in the stat pic above this message is wrong, disregard it.

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

Check this thread for your answer: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=768968

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Yes, just press the "print screen" open up a image program such as paint or gimp and paste (ctrl+v) and save in your preferred file-type.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

If you are using a Microsoft Key Board, turn off F Lock. That usually helps for me when I need to take a screen shot.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Or download Gadwin, and then change the settings so it's instant taken, and saved with a pre-determined name...:

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

The quality of pics is at least 5x better than those with the normal built-in function of the os.

Or you could try fn+prt sc if that doesn't work.

I'll bet he has to as most laptops are that way.

That's what I was doing, I think I said that in my original post. Hand on, lemme try again.

EDIT: nope, still not working. In other news, I can't seem to get tif to work in firefox. I log in, then immediately get logged out. Help?

If you need more info, I am using an hp pavilion dv 9000 laptop running windows vista as the operating system.

deathfish64.png

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

That's what I was doing, I think I said that in my original post. Hand on, lemme try again.

EDIT: nope, still not working. In other news, I can't seem to get tif to work in firefox. I log in, then immediately get logged out. Help?

If you need more info, I am using an hp pavilion dv 9000 laptop running windows vista as the operating system.

One last piece of information I need before making any accusations. Hit the FN button again and Scroll [Num Lk]. Tell me if the blue light comes up. I'm just guessing that your is like mine, since I have a dv6000.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

One last piece of information I need before making any accusations. Hit the FN button again and Scroll [Num Lk]. Tell me if the blue light comes up. I'm just guessing that your is like mine, since I have a dv6000.

Well, scroll and num lock do not share a key on my latop's keyboard, but I hit them both while pressing fn and didn't get a blue light to come on...I'm not sure what you mean by the blue light though. My scroll button appears as:insert[scroll]

Num lock is by itself

deathfish64.png

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

Well, scroll and num lock do not share a key on my latop's keyboard, but I hit them both while pressing fn and didn't get a blue light to come on...I'm not sure what you mean by the blue light though. My scroll button appears as:insert[scroll]

Num lock is by itself

I was just trying to make sure your FN button worked. All other forums about the dv9000 just say FN+Prt Sc. Not really sure what else to try.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Num lock is by itself

I was just trying to make sure your FN button worked. All other forums about the dv9000 just say FN+Prt Sc. Not really sure what else to try.

I havea dv9000 and it working fine for me right now.

Hang on...I've got it! it finally worked, yay! I guess I wasn't hitting fn hard enough or something, I don't know. All I know is that fn + prt sc just worked for me. Thanks everyone! :D

deathfish64.png

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

Num lock is by itself

I havea dv9000 and it working fine for me right now.

Well, I was just assuming the key was broken or something. Glad you got it fixed.

hopesolopatriot.jpg