Runescape does not work on my Mac computer!

kaiokenx4

Since the update for an ingame world select, my Macintosh cannot play runescape. When I try to load runescape, it stops when it says "loading world select" or something about the ingame world select thing. Here's my computer specs if that might help:

Mac version: 10.4.11

Memory: 256 MB SDRAM

Processor: 1 GHz PowerPC G4

Internet browser: Safari v. 3.2 (have tried with Mozilla Firefox and Internet explorer, also)

***I don't know, but is there any Java update that may help?***

Anyways, please help.

Thanks!

---Kaio

Update Java, clear the cache...

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Proccesor TK-57 1.90GHz

and 2 GB Ram

Will this play high detail

(sorry, not meaning to hijack thread, I need to know)

It's possible, but don't expect anything revolutionizing. You could save up and get more bang for your buck. Try and get a discrete graphics card with at least 256mb of memory.

EDIT: Now I'm almost fairly certain that the OP's computer doesn't match Runescape's requirements. Tiger, the minimal OS that it is, is sharing Runescape's graphics alongside it. Your processor and RAM just can't handle that amount of instability, and won't let you play it.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Wow, I just tried and I can watch youtube and play runescape with anti-aliasing x4 high detail at the same time, no lag. 0.0

With this setup?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Proccesor TK-57 1.90GHz

and 2 GB Ram

hopesolopatriot.jpg

To the first post, I don't think you have the best OS for the job. I thought RS required higher... something about 10.8 i believe i saw. Doesn't sound right though, I don't think they came out with anything past 10.4...

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

To the first post, I don't think you have the best OS for the job. I thought RS required higher... something about 10.8 i believe i saw. Doesn't sound right though, I don't think they came out with anything past 10.4...

The OS has nothing to do with it in this case. If you wanted to get technical, OSX probably would help with Runescape, because of the way it "flushes" processes. And then there is the matter that it's not resource heavy, like Vista is. 10.4 is Mac OS X Tiger. Apple has since only come out with Mac OS X Leopard, which is about to be replaces by Snow Leopard in the first quarter of 09.

My computer is like 3.4gHz and 512MB of RAM. Like 5 years old and It does everything his does.

There's many more variables.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

1.6GHz Centrino Duo

2 GB of RAM

My computer is a tad less capable than his. Yours, I can't really compare, since I don't know your processor. I'm assuming Pentium 4 and Windows XP?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Wow. My computer is equal to that, and I can't run anything like that. :|

You probably have a ton of crap running in the background. His computer setup might not be new, but it's not bad either, ESPECIALLY for playing Runescape. It's all about how clean you keep your computer.

Runescape will run fine on a computer 10 years old, it's not that amazing.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

You probably have a ton of crap running in the background. His computer setup might not be new, but it's not bad either, ESPECIALLY for playing Runescape. It's all about how clean you keep your computer.

I'm running Vista on performance mode rather than GUI. I can run Runescape HD fine, without much lag, although without anti-aliasing. I suppose I underrated my machine at the time, or overrated the original statment.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I'm running Vista on performance mode rather than GUI. I can run Runescape HD fine, without much lag, although without anti-aliasing. I suppose I underrated my machine at the time, or overrated the original statment.

Aero does basically nothing to performance. I've found that turning it off drops my benchmark FPSs by 2% or so. I can run 1920X1200 easily @ 50 FPS in most areas on my lappy, and my desktop can probably break 300 without a cap. Upgrade your Java version?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Aero does basically nothing to performance. I've found that turning it off drops my benchmark FPSs by 2% or so. I can run 1920X1200 easily @ 50 FPS in most areas on my lappy, and my desktop can probably break 300 without a cap. Upgrade your Java version?

It's current. My laptop is now running at 32% for background processes. When I switched from GUI, my RAM usage dropped 6%, so I just decided to keep it off.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Under Safari > Preferences > Security, make sure you have

'Enable plug-ins'

'Enable Java'

'Enable JavaScript'

all ticked.

I used to have loads of problems with running RS on Mac (even before graphics update), but since I got a new one it works incredibly smoothly, even when running as much detail as you like, so it may just be a simple answer of your computer just not being up to it.

Duckie_Wins.png

Your hardware shouldn't be a problem. I'm running on 1.1ghz and ~300mb RAM. I don't know where the processor came from and my graphics card is only 32mb.

Yet I can still play.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Try running the unsigned java applet or in safe mode. Back when I had problems running it, that's how I got it to work.

How do you run in safe mode?