ranarr drops

sambudwiser

As a side note, though someone did mention this, mecaws are rarely mentioned, but they make all your herb drops pretty awsome. Take a macaw down to the flesh crawlers in the SoS, and you will understand. If you arent picky about what herbs you take (take all the ones over 1k), you can probably get in 2 trips before the macaw goes away. Or you can camp and get a full inventory of awsome herbs, meaning you should stay until the macaw has 2 minutes left (by this time it has generated a few herbs for you, even without using its scroll, and its going to drop them when it disipears (and while it rarely forges a rannar, it can forage stuff worht over 2.5k). Now, take a macaw to chaos druids (I like the ones just north of ardoungen in teh tower thats hard to theive you way into because its always empty or close to it), where they can double drop herbs, and if your lucky you can get a nice penny for your macaw.

Long story short, a macaw improves almost all your herb drops (so you will get high level herbs like you normally get gaum and marrentil, and gaum like you normally get ranarr), generaly be a few levels. You actualy don't get ranarr as mush as you might like (maybe 3-5 in half the macaws summon time if you lucky) partialy because its a lower level good herb (value is not always relflected in a herbs level), but I think you can bring in upto 35k with a macaw if you a bit lucky, 25k at the least.

• 3 weeks later...

tried banshees...its crap. then i trained my ranging for some reason on druids...decent around like 60-80k a load...100k if good. then i also decided to train my attk str and def in stronghold then i stumbled into fleshies which r great! i get like 100-140k in drops every load there(30min). thnx guys :thumbup:

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

Aberrant Specters, most likely, they drop herb seeds fairly often. I usually walk away from Turoth assignments with a lot of seeds as well.

For non-slayer monsters, I get a lot of herb seeds from Dagannoths under the lighthouse.

Aberrant specters do not drop ranarr seeds.

They do drop higher level herb seeds.

Mossies and earth warriors tend to drop ranarr seeds for sure.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Get your slayer up and kill aberrant spectres, I average about 16 per task which is under 200 kills. And that's just ranarrs, they drop other herbs and herb seeds too in addition to lava battlestaves (okay, not much but 10k each adds up), level 3 clues, and black mystic bottoms.

Seraphyna.png

Seraphyna.png

Get your slayer up and kill aberrant spectres, I average about 16 per task which is under 200 kills. And that's just ranarrs, they drop other herbs and herb seeds too in addition to lava battlestaves (okay, not much but 10k each adds up), level 3 clues, and black mystic bottoms.

Don't forget the rune full helms!

But Spectres are a pain in the [wagon] to kill, too much banking if you want to profit from them.

Or just bring a terror bird, or war tortoise to hold the extra drops. Bring a spare incase they get killed.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Stick with crawlers unless you want to train slayer enough to kill specters. You're on the right track now but I would also recommend raising your farming level just enough to grow ranarrs. Great money and you don't even have to do very much!

Sublexation.gif 203934109074superballpwnage.gif

if u want a good amount of combat xp and get lots of herbs/seeds, go kill trolls in death plateau and bank in warriors guild

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

tried banshees...its crap.

Really? With the pure essence you get in addition to the herbs, they're normally a lot more profitable than chaos druids. You should make a lot more money with these than chaos druids, and I thought your goal was making money :?

oooo the pure ess is wat im going for? dem!

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

tried banshees...its crap.

Really? With the pure essence you get in addition to the herbs, they're normally a lot more profitable than chaos druids. You should make a lot more money with these than chaos druids, and I thought your goal was making money :?

oooo the pure ess is wat im going for? dem!

You wanted cash dude...

Pure Essence drops cash > Ranarr drops

Pure ess noted (the way banshees drop them) is stackable so you can be there a lot longer.

Don't be a smartass to someone who was trying to help you.