'tis the season for a new mouse (what-to-buy thread)

Roberthree

Main aggro I have with cordless, is batteries running out - just imagine that happening in GWD or with a revenant on your tail.

There are 3 styles of cordless, battery, dock charging, cable charging. The cable charging style can be used while cabled, if power loss is completely unacceptable.

Well, if all else fails, anyone who wants something 'corded and basic' can always go with the "Logitech Optical Mouse", which has a PS/2 edition. And unlike its' specs state, it will work with Linux, as will the LX5 above, and therefore probably the LX3 also. Although, under Linux, you'll probably only have basic three-button+mousewheel functionality with those which are more fancy... ;)

Link :arrow: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/344&cl=us,en

BTW, I use this mouse on another PC in the house, and I like it. ::'

~D. V. "And there's the simplest option." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

If you are concerned with mice running out of batteries, get a logitech G7. The weights are replaced by a battery and it bundles with 2 that can be recharged via USB. If one runs out, put in the other one and put the dry one into charge.

eggzs.png

If you are concerned with mice running out of batteries, get a logitech G7. The weights are replaced by a battery and it bundles with 2 that can be recharged via USB. If one runs out, put in the other one and put the dry one into charge.

I head there where signal problems with those some where. I could be wrong but might be something to look up.

I head there where signal problems with those some where. I could be wrong but might be something to look up.
Maybe it is just an issue with how the receiver is placed? Or rotated? :-s

Any USB mouse with a wire that doesn't fall out constantly is great tbh.
You mean falling out of the usb port?
LOL! I was going to ask that same question! I would hope it doesn't fall out of the mouse itself, though. :anxious:

~Mr. "You're not the only one wanting clarity." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I am just telling what i heard. I jsut causally read it on the internet some where.

I am just telling what i heard. I jsut causally read it on the internet some where.

Sloter is correct. I have this mouse. Logitech made a huge batch (months worth) of defective G7s with hardware that would crap out and lose signal. Even if the receiver was an inch away from the mouse. I sent mine in for warranty after the first month of use and the new one hasn't ever lost signal or stops responding in about 6 months of use. Now that all the bugs are fixed, I would recommend the mouse.

If somebody needs a cheap gaming mouse, OCZ makes a really good mouse. I used this one for a few hours and it was as good as the top of the line RAZER mouse. I may pick one up for my other computer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826100001

goldenblade995.png