�Expl0de's Complete Defense Pure Guide v2.0�

Sand_Hill

Dagger is the same speed as scimitar.

No, it's not.

KB says it is.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not.

KB says it is.

I'm sorry, you're right. For some reason I thought daggers are faster, I just checked.

No, it's not.

KB says it is.

I'm sorry, you're right. For some reason I thought daggers are faster, I just checked.

Does that mean that it'll be better to use a scimitar to train than a dagger, considering it has more attack bonus (+10 slash to +5 stab(iron scimitar & dagger)) also, theres some extra strength bonus, if it matters at all (if you levelled strength)

No, it's not.

KB says it is.

Does that mean that it'll be better to use a scimitar to train than a dagger, considering it has more attack bonus (+10 slash to +5 stab(iron scimitar & dagger)) also, theres some extra strength bonus, if it matters at all (if you levelled strength)

Yes, scimitar is better.

Daggers are only faster in SC, btw. That might be how you thought that -- those daggers are as fast as an MSB on rapid.

Call Frank is the first summoning tank to reach 99 summoning now,and hes only 63 defence. He had his friend barrage rock lobs on lootshare, and his friend spent a total of about 300m I think barraging both him and his friend the charms for 99.

He's getting 75 defence for dfs now and then we're probably going to see a pvp vid of a summoning tank. Summoning tanks are already becoming popular. Call Frank is the first of the summoning tanks to reach Iron Titan I believe, and he was even able to solo the KBD at level 39.

If you're going to make a summoning tank, some of the best things to do are:

1. Rock Crabs for training and a few charms

2. If your friend gets Black Drags for a slayer task, ask them to do KBD and lootshare there. What you do is you stand under the KBD while your friend kills it on lootshare -- they still get full slayer exp, and you get some of the charms.

3. Lootsharing rock lobs -- if your friend is going for 99 mage and doesn't really care about charms, having them burst rock lobs helps. You get a ton of charms here. Course you need to know where to stand so that no rock lobs can ever see you on spawn (and you have to use the corner bend spot)

4. Lootsharing other slayer assignments -- things like Black Demons can be LSed at Chaos Tunnels, and that will help you get your charms. Unfortunately, you can't LS things like dust devils unless you have 65 slayer.

There are more methods, I'm sure, but I can't seem to remember them...

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Works perfect for me. I made a def pure to play when my main was in down time (going from mem to non meme and having no bank space)

Got it to 43 def so far. Right now I am working on wc which is 74 but now I can get back to my goal of 60 def. Only bad thing is i got 10 prayer from the ghost quest while doing the explorer jack task for the exp lamps.

I cant be any more sincere, but thanks alot.

If you feel like adding me.

My def pure is Env Ragnarok.

Rox_Sabre.png

env_ragnarok.png

Good information. I give it 7/10 because of the equipment setups. Dragon boots > rune boots. Zerker ring > no ring. Rune Kite> Rune Sq. Those are a few examples of the ways to improve it. Besides that this is great. Also you might want to mention that you can train attack at dummies up to lvl 5 in varrock above the east bank. I found it increase the exp/hr by a decent enough amount to justify it. It's only one more combat level for the ability to hit much more often, and if you're at cows you'll be able to make money faster.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Good information. I give it 7/10 because of the equipment setups. Dragon boots > rune boots. Zerker ring > no ring. Rune Kite> Rune Sq. Those are a few examples of the ways to improve it. Besides that this is great. Also you might want to mention that you can train attack at dummies up to lvl 5 in varrock above the east bank. I found it increase the exp/hr by a decent enough amount to justify it. It's only one more combat level for the ability to hit much more often, and if you're at cows you'll be able to make money faster.

yes but to be a "Defence Pure" u only train defence and no other stats

Straight from the guide:

(feel free to add a cape and gloves of your choice, or rune full helm; I was just too cheap to buy that stuff) I don't have insane amounts to spend on a Zerker Ring. Even if I did, it's pointless because someone with 1 attack and Strength will only be able to hit ones anyway. As for "Dragon boots > rune boots," if I could wear Dragon for that screenshot, I would have. However, I could not because my Defense level was 45 at the time.

Now known as Expl0de.

My Defense Pure Guide

Please don't post on forums whilst inebriated.

Hey guys, just posting to let you know that I decided to change my username :D I think I'm going to change the guide name and header for fun while I'm waiting for my RS account to be unlocked. Hope you all are okay with that :)

guideicon.png

Hey guys, just posting to let you know that I decided to change my username :D I think I'm going to change the guide name and header for fun while I'm waiting for my RS account to be unlocked. Hope you all are okay with that :)

Lol, why?

nice guide, however i thought the fastest training gear was gear that got ur str up?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

nice guide, however i thought the fastest training gear was gear that got ur str up?

Not in the case of Defense Pures. Using the tip.it max hit calc, even a (impossible) 300 strength bonus would allow us to hit a max of 2. :lol:

Because of this, we need to use other resources to train.

guideicon.png

Not in the case of Defense Pures. Using the tip.it max hit calc, even a (impossible) 300 strength bonus would allow us to hit a max of 2. :lol:

however, i could have sworn that although in some cases str might not increase your max hit, it still increases accuracy- such as in the case of an obby mauler.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

however, i could have sworn that although in some cases str might not increase your max hit, it still increases accuracy- such as in the case of an obby mauler.

You know, I think you just MAY be right. I remember, very long ago, when the Strength pures trend was rather new, that I tried making an Attack/Defence pure. I figured (back then) that being almost untouchable with high Defence, and hit constant 1s, I could kill Strength pures easily. I found out that even though my attack was rather high, my accuracy wasn't as good as I expected- Killing barbarians turned into something of great effort, even with 40-45 Attack.

I know there is not a place that says Strength affects your accuracy, but who knows?

You know, I think you just MAY be right. I remember, very long ago, when the Strength pures trend was rather new, that I tried making an Attack/Defence pure. I figured (back then) that being almost untouchable with high Defence, and hit constant 1s, I could kill Strength pures easily. I found out that even though my attack was rather high, my accuracy wasn't as good as I expected- Killing barbarians turned into something of great effort, even with 40-45 Attack.

I know there is not a place that says Strength affects your accuracy, but who knows?

the only good atk/defense pures that i know of are verac pures- mainly for staking

also- through years of playing, watching videos, and reading guides, i have concluded that a higher str bonus increases accuracy in almost all cases. feel free to argue with me, but if i ever make a defense pure, he'll be training in full str gear, not torags.

[hide=]

the only good atk/defense pures that i know of are verac pures- mainly for staking

also- through years of playing, watching videos, and reading guides, i have concluded that a higher str bonus increases accuracy in almost all cases. feel free to argue with me, but if i ever make a defense pure, he'll be training in full str gear, not torags.

[/hide]

Reading skills fail. I said you could be right, I never said you're wrong or tried to argue over it...

what are you talking about? i was simply putting information from my past experiences out there. obviously i would have to do so, as many people(including the threads creator) have not come to the same conclusion as i concerning a strength bonus. i don't believe there was an ounce of hostility in my reply.

thanks for analyzing my reading skills though, I really appreciate it, especially when I'm trying to help with guides here on tip.it

While thinking I think theres a better weapon for F2P to use...Blurite Sword? I compared stats and they are better than that of a Steel Dagger. Not sure if the speed affect if a weapon is better or not but stats are better.

The info doesnt state the requirements to wield it though.

Rox_Sabre.png

env_ragnarok.png

While thinking I think theres a better weapon for F2P to use...Blurite Sword? I compared stats and they are better than that of a Steel Dagger. Not sure if the speed affect if a weapon is better or not but stats are better.

The info doesnt state the requirements to wield it though.

I think it's as fast as a longsword. If I'm right, it's not worth it.

• 1 month later...
Any suggestions on how a F2P def pure could kill Delrith? I've got 40 def and 29 hp and I find it quite hard to get past the wizards.

I'll tell you a secret. You can kill Delrith as a level 3 player without too much trouble.

As for the wizards, I'm not sure if this is still possible, but I think it's possible to jump straight into fight with Delrith if you're clicking fast enough. There is a chance, however, that I'm wrong. But if I am wrong then you'd only have to kill 1 wizard, any additional wizards are the result of slow clicking and even a level 3 can kill a level 7 wizard and right after it kill Delrith. I once did this quest on a level 3 and if I can remember right my equipment was- Amulet of power, Silverlight (obviously...), full iron armor and most importantly an inventory full of Salmons (basicly, since I had only 10HP. Any type of food is okay).

The fight was as I recall it- I entered the area and a level 7 dark wizard attacked me. I ate a few Salmons to make room for my iron armor in my inventory and fought it. After a long fight (considering my accuracy was terribly low) I finaly killed the wizard and clicked fast on Delrith. I put my iron armor back on and started attacking it. It has only 7 HP, but that's quite a lot for level 1 Attack and Strength which means it took a while. In the end I was left with 10~ Salmons in my inventoty and a quest complete ::' . Good luck.

• 3 months later...

I like this guide a lot ;) You might want to add a bit to the training part though. If you dont mind please check out my defence pure guide too(my first guide)its in begining guides although its finished. Its currently on the front page. 9/10