�Expl0de's Complete Defense Pure Guide v2.0�

Sand_Hill

Sorry! I didn't know you are a girl :-# my bad!

I like the vampire idea.... :D I'd like to get my hands on some data for that. Good luck if you do start a Defense pure!

I already did, and thanks ;) .

(The name is Infestedromy (after Guthan the infested :P)).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry! I didn't know you are a girl :-# my bad!

I like the vampire idea.... :D I'd like to get my hands on some data for that. Good luck if you do start a Defense pure!

Nice Guide.

The Vampire thing wont work, like other quest monsters you get like 1 xp per 10 hits (or atleast you use to).

Seagulls is an amazing palce to train as well. For power training I would take a load of pure sets and bank at the void island when empty.

May I add something?

The 'Demon Slayer' quest can be very helpful for training, especialy on low levels f2p, I do not know if anyone had ever tried this, or what the experience rate is but, with Silverlight, and 1 Strength, you can hit 3s on demons, I'm guessing you could try to hit the demon until his HP is low, and then walk out and back in, (works best with 1 Attack, as the demon has enough time to regenerate some health before you hit him again).

Also, I assume on higher defence levels you could use this on lesser demons.

And just to clear that out of the way as people tend to read halves of posts, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE EXPERIENCE RATE IS!

Would really like to know what people think of that... :-k :-k :-k

I'm pretty sure that you only get something like 1 xp per hit killing Delrith. On the other hand, I suppose you could kill imps with Silverlight, I think they count as demons, so you can hit them harder with it.

As for the Vampire, you'd need to wait for his health to respawn, if I'm not mistaken, other wise, you'd just be hitting 0's, and he'd be hitting you.

On Topic...not a bad guide, I'd give it an 8/10. I don't know that you could add anything else. Might want to add that you need 40 COMBAT for Pest Control, not 40 Defence.

-CMP

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

Nice guide but you missed a very important weapon, the runecrafting staves. They only give +5 crush but give +33 strength bonus and don't require attack levels(though 50 runecrafting is need to get one).

It seems that unless you have 50 Runecraft already, these are not worth it. WIth the best Strength bonus for a Defence Pure (Strength Amulet, Rune Gloves, Rune Berserker) you can only hit a maximum of two. I think that daggers, being nearly twice as fast, would be more worth it.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

Forget about training at PC. If I calculated it right using Tip.it's combat level clac, and I calculated the hp level you would get at what defense level, even with 70 defense and 58 hp, you would still be barely level 32.... if even that. still, if you get 40 cb this way, then get 99. if your crazy enough to do this though, and your at 40 cb, just get 99.

anyways, great guide. if it wasnt for the time needed for a defense pure, I would do it.

and grats on 50 def. even if you do something else while doing it, it still takes so long lol. GL in the future.

oh and you can use bandos top/bottom at 65 defense.... but they would not increase your max hit so they would just be wasting money. :lol:

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

You know.... Shortswords are the same speed as a dagger but stronger. And a bit less pathetic looking.

You're wrong, daggers are faster.

And even though a shortsword is stronger, you'd still hit 1s with it, so a dagger is a better choice ;) .

Isn't the point of a defense pure to have some other form of combat...?

Such as mage or range...

Or a defense staker with attack and defense...

Just defense seems VERY pointless.

Also, steel scimitar has a 14 strength bonus, which you sacrifice 1 slash bonus for.

Isn't the point of a defense pure to have some other form of combat...?

Such as mage or range...

Or a defense staker with attack and defense...

Just defense seems VERY pointless.

Also, steel scimitar has a 14 strength bonus, which you sacrifice 1 slash bonus for.

You'd still hit only 1s, pointless.

defense it useless because your victim can easily escape since you cant ko.

even at only level 27 it wont be so good because of the mages.

Thats what DFS is for

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

My friend is making a "Summoning Tank" which is basically a defense pure with summoning. Hilariously enough, if he ever does manage to max out, he will be 62 combat with 99 def, 99 summon, 99 hp. That's how he got his name -- Maxed At 62. Other people have made them too, and my friend is trying to start up a community of summon tanks for that. Too bad he pretty much is working constantly now >.<

You won't believe it, but with his stats right now he does quite hilariously well with PvP. The minotaur scrolls act like a blitz -- they delay, and the minotaur will hit right after the scroll hit takes effect. And I know it says its like a mage attack but considering hes still 1 mage... yeah. Getting the charms is kinda tough, but with a minotaur training for you, its soooo easy to train def.

But yeah, great guide, and maybe add a little about summoning :o

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

My friend is making a "Summoning Tank" which is basically a defense pure with summoning. Hilariously enough, if he ever does manage to max out, he will be 62 combat with 99 def, 99 summon, 99 hp. That's how he got his name -- Maxed At 62. Other people have made them too, and my friend is trying to start up a community of summon tanks for that. Too bad he pretty much is working constantly now >.<

You won't believe it, but with his stats right now he does quite hilariously well with PvP. The minotaur scrolls act like a blitz -- they delay, and the minotaur will hit right after the scroll hit takes effect. And I know it says its like a mage attack but considering hes still 1 mage... yeah. Getting the charms is kinda tough, but with a minotaur training for you, its soooo easy to train def.

Good idea ::' .

Good idea ::' .

No, its most definitely NOT a good ideal :shame: :thumbdown:

ITS THE SINGLE GREATEST IDEAL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: =D>

wish I could have an extra member account. I suppose you could use this for the same thing for a range/summoning pure?

or Mage/summoning pure?

get a familiar that use range not named giant chinchompa (its self destructs for like 2 damage...c :lol: ) or mage attack familiar,

and train like that?

ok, not mage, its got enough was to train, but that would work for range pures in a way right?

and great guide :thumbsup:

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

In f2p, you can't pk with just def, so what do you think is best?

I personally like a range/def pure. Train range with long range, so you get equal xp in range and def. seems to me like it would be more effective, as you would be able to tank, yet hit hard (at 99 range and def). tell me what you think though, as it would probably get around 60-80 combat... but it would still be a semi-def pure right? :lol:

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

In f2p, you can't pk with just def, so what do you think is best?

I personally like a range/def pure. Train range with long range, so you get equal xp in range and def. seems to me like it would be more effective, as you would be able to tank, yet hit hard (at 99 range and def). tell me what you think though, as it would probably get around 60-80 combat... but it would still be a semi-def pure right? :lol:

That's what we call a Range Tank my friend. :P It owns very well. In fact, there is a rant in the forums about how "overpowered" they are. :roll:

Now known as Expl0de.

My Defense Pure Guide

Please don't post on forums whilst inebriated.