I WANT YOU...TO CHANGE THE PARTY ROOM! ~ 14/50 Supporters ~

Atom Smash40

After reading countless posts on "n00bs" and their pets/familiars/imps hindering the popping of balloons, I've been thinking, should the the party room get some rules? I was thinking yes, and these are my ideas. To Mod: Move to wherever if this isn't the right place

- Limit of 50 people can participate in a drop (reduces lag) and it stops RWT because there will be many others than the seller and buyer competeing for the drop, just not too many that it creates lag OR to participate you have to contribute something of value to the pot, like cash or item worth at least 5% of total drop worth

- All familiars/pets/imps must be dismissed prior to entry, there will be a "bouncer" (like in clubs) outside the door to notify you if you have a follower

Any other suggestions? and please, discuss.

[hide=Additional Suggestions]

Should be:

-Pop Cap: 100

-Door is shut always, that makes it easier to enforce cap

-No pets/familiars

-Bouncer keeps pop cap enforced, no familiars enforced

Party room definitely needs an overhaul. Also: Get a better song for the knights to sing.

Yeah, there should be a cap.

Thats the problem. There are too many people, too hard to get drops.

The bankers/people should only announce 30 seconds before the drop.

Cap of 100 people.

Once a countdown starts, everyone is ejected but the dropper and doors shut and lock.

If for some reason they don't all come, the drop value is percentaged. (1M would be slashed to 500k if only 50 people came and the last 500k would remain in the chest)

Once the balloons are popped, the people are released and the doors are unlocked.

People are free to re-drop but once you start the countdown, the doors lock and everyone but the dropper is ejected.

[/hide]

EDIT: If I get enough positive feedback and more ideas, I will make a new topic with set changes and a supporter list and maybe I might send it to JagEx.

EDIT2:

[hide=Support List 14/50]- Omali

- firecat318

- ShaqAttaq

- BloodArgon

- Pinkbullet3

- romy

- Napalm_Death

- Jenove

- Derbo

- txxxt5

- Juhniz

- J35u5_M4

- Forerunner

- abbydog95[/hide]

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Should be:

-Pop Cap: 100

-Door is shut always, that makes it easier to enforce cap

-No pets/familiars

-Bouncer keeps pop cap enforced, no familiars enforced

Party room definitely needs an overhaul. Also: Get a better song for the knights to sing.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Familiars should be disabled for sure.

Party room should also be accessed via teleport, that way any person/npc/familiar outside won't contribute to lag.

I don't think there should be a cap for the amount of people allowed in but if it is requried it should be relative to the value of items being dropped with more valuable drops allowing a lot more people in than less valuable drops.

Familiars should be disabled for sure.

Party room should also be accessed via teleport, that way any person/npc/familiar outside won't contribute to lag.

I don't think there should be a cap for the amount of people allowed in but if it is requried it should be relative to the value of items being dropped with more valuable drops allowing a lot more people in than less valuable drops.

Yeah, there should be a cap.

Thats the problem. There are too many people, too hard to get drops.

The bankers/people should only announce 30 seconds before the drop.

Cap of 100 people.

Once a countdown starts, everyone is ejected but the dropper and doors shut and lock.

If for some reason they don't all come, the drop value is percentaged. (1M would be slashed to 500k if only 50 people came and the last 500k would remain in the chest)

Once the balloons are popped, the people are released and the doors are unlocked.

People are free to re-drop but once you start the countdown, the doors lock and everyone but the dropper is ejected.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

RuneScape Bugs & Suggestions

Also,

Party rooms can be accessed via teleport, only when the bankers are announcing that there's a party, though. When they are, speak to one of the bankers and he/she will teleport you to the Party Room and tell you 'good luck' or something.

Another suggestion is to make an invitation list; perhaps only those allowed in your Cc can teleport to a special room and then you can hold your party there along with a Public Party if you so choose.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

cap would unfair, i mean if there was a like 100m drop party there would be like 1000 ppl trying to get in lol.

I don't see how a 'first come, first served' policy wouldn't suffice.

-Remove Familiars/pets

-150 people Cap

-Dropper can chose to announce the party to all his friend list.

-Give priority to the Dropper's friend above other people trying to get in the party.

16185_s.gif

cap would unfair, i mean if there was a like 100m drop party there would be like 1000 ppl trying to get in lol.

I don't see how a 'first come, first served' policy wouldn't suffice.

im sure ur going to see a bunch of ppl complaining on the rsof

People complain about everything on the RSOF. You can't make everyone happy and the moment you start trying is the moment things stop getting done.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

This belongs to bugs and suggestions.

On-topic:

No familiars/pets/followers - good idea :D .

Must add 5% cash - good idea :D .

The max amount of people should be higher, because you can still sort out RWT with only 50 people...

Party rooms can be accessed via teleport, only when the bankers are announcing that there's a party, though. When they are, speak to one of the bankers and he/she will teleport you to the Party Room and tell you 'good luck' or something.

Another suggestion is to make an invitation list; perhaps only those allowed in your Cc can teleport to a special room and then you can hold your party there along with a Public Party if you so choose.

I think he was referring to having the party room separate from the world, in an isolated spot so no outside lag, where there would be a tele to get there. I think it's a pretty good idea. Perhaps have a tele spot in the actual party room (like castle wars) which will tele you to the drop spot. Before you enter the tele ring, though, it would say you have to dismiss your familiar to enter.

Also, along with the cap, maybe you could have the option to limit the amount of people and put a cap on? You could still have everyone come, but you have the option to set it to like 100, 150, or 200 people. This could be enforced on the tele ring telling you that there is the max amount of people already (like castle wars again).

1icyna.png

still with a cap u can basicly choose which ppl to be at the party by telling them ahead of time.

You got a point there, but that's a very small scale problem if you're referring to RWT. 100 is still a lot of people - not that many people have 100 friends to fill up all the spots. It's the equivalent of trading 60k whenever your trade limit time runs restarts. Technically it makes RWT possible, but not on the level that it is a detriment to the overall game.

yea I was thinking about the invitation rule, but that makes it easier to rwt. by limiting the amount of people that can go in, it hinders rwt and still allows for a fun drop

modmarkl.jpg

So if 1,5k people get to the drop party - you complain because you lag.

If 100 people get drop party and 1,4k are left out - you complain because you are left out likely.

It is fair, if you lag, get a better computer, everyone has a chance of drop since someone has to get the loot (as in what is in the chest).

So if 1,5k people get to the drop party - you complain because you lag.

If 100 people get drop party and 1,4k are left out - you complain because you are left out likely.

It is fair, if you lag, get a better computer, everyone has a chance of drop since someone has to get the loot (as in what is in the chest).

is this supporting the participant cap? because all computers will lag due to the massive amounts of information in one area, even if you are on a super computer, u will lag when 3/4 the world is in one spot.

that's y there is a participant cap

modmarkl.jpg

Cap should be proportional to the drop value.

so....100m drop should allow 1k ppl = lag fest? I think the idea of contributing at least 5% towards the total drop worth for a drop worth a lot is a better idea, so u don't have many low lvls running around. example: if drop is 100m, potential participants have to pay 5m to get in and that will go into the pot or something and that along with limit of 100 people will make it better. I'm still working out the kinks

modmarkl.jpg

I think it would work better the other way around.

Drop value proportional to the cap.

So you can have a party with 5 people, but if your dropping 1M, your only going to have 50k or so dropped.

Every time the party is restarted, there is still equal chance for people to come in.

If your thinking "Well the same 5 people come and they keep dropping 50k"

This can already be done. There is a minimum value for the party to be announced, and if its under that, you can successfully transfer money. Its small amount (I won't be sharing to circumvent the trade limit) but its enough to get something done in a certain amount of time.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

so....100m drop should allow 1k ppl = lag fest? I think the idea of contributing at least 5% towards the total drop worth for a drop worth a lot is a better idea, so u don't have many low lvls running around. example: if drop is 100m, potential participants have to pay 5m to get in and that will go into the pot or something and that along with limit of 100 people will make it better. I'm still working out the kinks

i agree on this statement and the one about drops being proportional to the number of people. One change to the 5% contribution though. instead of going into pot and everyone paying different 5% contributions (cause as the pot gets bigger the more that 5% is gonna be so people are gonna pay more depending on when they enter) the 5% contribution should go into the pot for the next round. This would create a never ending drop potential. as long as 20+ people come each round

I absolutly love this idea though cause when i see "x amount of money being droped in partyroom" i see low level people scrambleing for laws to go to fally and so i just give up and just do something more useful like training. Id bet anything that the 5% entrence fee would cut this low level festival down.

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png