Charms without Combat

CookMePlox

I can give you a little tip:

I'm a level 3 skiller, with 98 Woodcutting at the moment (getting 99), I have yet to finish knight's sword, and have not smithed/smelted even once outside of the tutorial island, and I have 51 Smithing (all for lamps and surprise exams!), I believe harder, and longer taking skills, such as Mining, may get you more than that, and by the way, the fastest way for you is lamps, surprise exams, penguin points, and quest rewards. Good luck.

Have you considered rock crabs in the chaos tunnels? I'm almost certain one of the entrances takes you right to them, and there is a safe spot in there. If your friend or friends ran through first, they could distract the crabs while you make it to the safe spot. The dangerous parts of this is that one might hit you while you are collecting your loot. Though a glory should allow you to make it back to your grave in time. Also, I think crabs might run so ice spells would be advisable. While these would be nowhere near as good as lobsters, it is a burst able charm monster none the less. Oh, it drops 10 charms at a time, too.

Aren't the chaos tunnels for Combat 85+? :roll:

Wow, you used lamps on smithing? Would have been much better off using them for slayer, since you can't actually train it yourself ;)

Read the first sentence in my signature :lol: .

And by the way, Slayer can be trained with recoils anyway (although slow, but possible).

Yeah, but it is far, far slower than using lamps and such. I've tried it, and even killing cows, you hit them often enough, even with flowers, that eventually your combat level will go up. It would be easier with aggressive monsters using recoils, but keep in mind that you only get half of the normal slayer XP for killing a monster with recoils.

Besides, smithing f2p is faster than runecrafting, even if you just smelt steel. RC is a much better use, IMO :)

Yeah, but it is far, far slower than using lamps and such. I've tried it, and even killing cows, you hit them often enough, even with flowers, that eventually your combat level will go up. It would be easier with aggressive monsters using recoils, but keep in mind that you only get half of the normal slayer XP for killing a monster with recoils.

Besides, smithing f2p is faster than runecrafting, even if you just smelt steel. RC is a much better use, IMO :)

Only difference is, I like Runecrafting better than Smithing, and I find Smithing more useful ::' .

And about the recoils, are you sure about the half of the exp thing?

I saw a summoning pure training before, he was using scrolls over and over again.

he said it was probably the most effective way, and he was getting 9-10k xp per hour with albino rats.

Then that would take a bit more than 1k hours to get to 99...

Only difference is, I like Runecrafting better than Smithing, and I find Smithing more useful ::' .

And about the recoils, are you sure about the half of the exp thing?

Well, as always, it's best to do what you like ;)

Yeah, I'm sure about the half XP thing. I went to kill some cows using recoils with my level 3 guy, and only only got 4 slayer XP per kill. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that you actually get slayer XP 2 ways when you kill something - half for doing the most damage, and half for striking the fatal blow. I'm assuming that because you get no combat XP with recoils, the game doesn't recognize you as having done damage with the recoil, so it only credits you with the XP for striking the fatal blow. And considering that even at 1 defence with no armor on the cows can't hit you that often, it's an awful lot of time to spend for a measly 4 XP. But I could definitely see recoils as a more viable training method with aggressive monsters that will hit you regularly for 1.

I saw 2 chars, Well i think it most likely 1 guy on 2 pcs playing 2 chars at the same time. And he explained to me that he was training a summoning pure he was killing moss giants lootshare on in multi combat and the pure would get some of the char drops. So that is what that one guy did to get the charms to his pure.

I saw a summoning pure training before, he was using scrolls over and over again.

he said it was probably the most effective way, and he was getting 9-10k xp per hour with albino rats.

Then that would take a bit more than 1k hours to get to 99...

indeed. I suppose it could be sped up a bit with higher level familiars, but still.

2Xeo5.png

I saw 2 chars, Well i think it most likely 1 guy on 2 pcs playing 2 chars at the same time. And he explained to me that he was training a summoning pure he was killing moss giants lootshare on in multi combat and the pure would get some of the char drops. So that is what that one guy did to get the charms to his pure.

Yes, and that's against the Runescape rules. Don't do it, or if you do decide to do it, don't tell anyone, or you'll get reported! :-#

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

i'm not sure if this will work and if it does it will cost a LOT or money and a LOT of time, you could buy millions of pouches and turn them into scrolls. It may not even work but you might as well try it

It doesn't necessarily cost money... :twisted:

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

I'm pretty sure you can get a few charms without combat from Meeting History miniquest you do after (with the key). It's almost nothing though.